PDA

View Full Version : Went to Dr's appt yesterday

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SlimShAdY
Thu, Sep-26-02, 23:48
Yea so I finally went back to my endo. Appt went better than I expected from him... I dunno maybe I didn't give this guy a good enough chance yet. But I told him all my symptoms (the ones I could remember, My mind was dead today.) and how I think I'm being overdosed and how my other dr said it was fine...blablabla

He did a complete blood test. Took like 5 tubes and is testing me for amenia... (which I think I have. I was told before I was close, and my grandfather had that and me and him were always cold...lol weird)

I asked about changing meds... he said if this one isn't working, he'll be willing to talk about changing it...I mentioned either armour or something natural or something with T3 in it..

He said it's a possibility, but most patients don't do well on a combo?? And that synthroid is the same exact stuff as the thyroids already made of? Um ok. And messing with other stuff has animal stuff in it.... Er.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

Only thing I'm concerned about with the bloodtest is, I haven't eaten in 2 days and haven't tooken the pill in 3 days. Which I told him and made it clear to him and the lab people. And I haven't tooken vitamians/supplements in months so it's not going to be whats normal for me. I mentioned that my heart dosen't beat as weird when I take the pill every other day... He still wants to see it and said that if my bloodwork comes back "normal" it'll still prove my levels need to be adjusted considering I haven't tooken it in 2 days.... Makes sense I guess. But I would think he'd be better off seeing my blood results when I'm eating right and taking it. =/ :confused:

So it's either med adjustments or med switch.. Which one should I go for?

Oh yea and this is weird, I lost a pound today and alls I ate yesteday was M$M's, medium fry from Mcdonalds, alot of peporoni.. bout a cup of chocolate chips... That was it..lol and didn't take the shythroid....lol Go figure. :rolleyes:

Akiwican
Fri, Sep-27-02, 07:08
Originally posted by SlimShAdY
But I would think he'd be better off seeing my blood results when I'm eating right and taking it. =/ :confused:

Yes, I think you're right on this one. :thup:

So it's either med adjustments or med switch.. Which one should I go for?

How about just taking the medication prescribed to you already to see if it works?

:wave: Akiwican

Rosebud
Fri, Sep-27-02, 18:05
Hi Slim,
And I haven't tooken vitamians/supplements in months so it's not going to be whats normal for me.
If you haven't taken the vits and supplements in months, then your current blood picture is normal for you.

Slim, I'm not quite sure what's going on with you. Why hadn't you eaten in 2 days - were you unwell?

I hope you are not trying to lose weight by fasting. That works if you want the number on the scale to go down - eventually. What happened to you is a good example - you don't eat for a couple of days and the body hangs onto whatever it can. Then when you feed it - anything at all, even the rubbish you fed your poor body - it realises it is not starving and will drop a little weight..
But fasting also means you lose a lot of muscle mass - not what any of us want to do!

I wish you all the best.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

SlimShAdY
Tue, Oct-01-02, 02:19
How about just taking the medication prescribed to you already to see if it works?

Ok guess I wasn't clear, sorry I thought people would've seen my other post from a few days before this one..lol :o

ANyways, I have been taken the med prescribed to me for 2yrs now. It's not doing anything but making me not feel good..which was the reason for this dr's appointment. And I don't take it everyday because I feel better taking it everyotherday (which isn't normal either) I just happened to go 3days without it this time because I wasn't feeling all that great and not eating and I'm supposed to take it and eat afterwards. I didn't want to get sick because I wasn't sure if I was going to eat or not =X Eck long story..forget that part lol I wasn't trying to fast though. Been there, done that..it sucked :daze: :spin:

agonycat
Tue, Oct-01-02, 07:19
Slim this isn't a personal attack on you in anyway but looking over your posts since January you seem to go between binging on candy/sweets to starvation dieting. Which does concern me tremendiously about your health. Have you considered you may have an eating disorder similar to Bulima that you may need to see a therapist about? This binging/starving that you have been doing can also be a cause of your thyroid being messed up. Perhaps you should be honest with your doctor and tell them about your two day fast and then binging on candy? They can't help you if you are not open and honest with them.

Having once been on that side of the fence I know the signs and you are showing a few of them.

Self-induced weight loss. Methods can include fasting, low food intake, excessive exercise, diuretic medicines (medicines that make you urinate more) laxatives, diet pills or vomiting. Sometimes people make themselves sick to lose weight. Others take excessive exercise.

Sufferers have a constant fear of gaining weight, as well as a feeling of being fat, even when their weight is much less than that of other people of the same height.

Sufferers may feel bloated, even after a small meal.

Other side effects include tiredness, feeling cold, constipation and stomachache.

persistent preoccupation with eating and an irresistible craving for food.

episodes of overeating in which large amounts of food are consumed in short periods of time.

excessive exercise, induced vomiting after eating, starving for periods of time or taking medicines such as laxatives or diuretics to counteract the bingeing.

Just something you may want to think about and perhaps get checked out. Your recent two day starvation period and then binging on M&Ms and chocolate chips is NOT healthy and I would have to say anyone would lose a pound if they didn't eat for 2 days. You are not so far away from your goal that you need to starve for days on end.

Just really concerned about your health.

SlimShAdY
Tue, Oct-01-02, 08:09
Yea, I answered this in the other thread...lol :roll:

I know my yo-yoing crap dosen't help with my thyroid, but having a thyroid problem and nobody taking me seriously when I gain weight based on my height and weight stats, I'm not considered "overweight", thats depressing and another reason I binge eat. I was honest 2 yrs ago with my doctors. Apparently in my experience anyways, gaining weight dosen't matter untill you gain 50lbs in a week. :rolleyes: