PDA

View Full Version : Los Angeles, California?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ANJ
Wed, Sep-25-02, 19:26
Is anyone else here psting from Southern California, more specifically in or near West Los Angeles?

sharann
Fri, Dec-20-02, 23:43
I live in the San Fernando Valley. At least we share a state!
:wave:

dustoweb
Thu, Apr-03-03, 15:53
I'm in Long Beach. There was another thread about folks in SoCal here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44056&highlight=california

Hope this helps

yeksac
Fri, Apr-04-03, 22:50
I live in Redondo Beach, so I'm sort of close to you. I am interested in a cooking co-op in our area. A cooking co-op is a group of people who prepare meals for one another on a rotating basis. You don't eat together, rather, one day a week you simply fix enough dinner for everyone in your co-op. The other days you rest and meals are delivered to you. I would like to do it from the Zone Diet. Interested?

dustoweb
Mon, Apr-07-03, 15:14
Might be interesting, although I don't know if I'm confident enough in my cooking abilities to cook for others yet :daze:

I've been looking for a LC cooking class that I can take cheaply at a local rec center or something, but so far haven't found much.

Sounds like a good idea though. Would be nice if there was a restaurant that did all LC. It would probably make some serious bucks in LA with all the hollywood stars on LC these days.

Roberta
Thu, Apr-10-03, 09:27
I'm also in the San Fernando Valley.

Dustin, if you are interested in low carb cooking I'd like to suggest you pick up a copy of Oxygen. It's a woman's bodybuilding type of magazine, but they run lots of lo-carb articles and really yummy (and easy) recipes.

CAKES66
Thu, Apr-10-03, 14:41
I live in the Hi Desert- that's on your way to Las Vegas, HWY15.

I used to live in Long Beach, worked in West LA, and I also went to High school (and Lived) in the Valley. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

dustoweb
Thu, Apr-10-03, 14:53
Thanks for the tip Roberta.

naomi661
Tue, May-06-03, 18:32
Hello Cakes66.......do you know of anywhere in the Antelope Valley that stocks low carb? I have had some luck at Albertsons and also the new Vitamin Shoppe in Palmdale carries Atkins stuff. I drive to San Fernando Valley for all my low carb shopping...would love to find a local store.

Thanks,
Naomi

Originally posted by CAKES66
I live in the Hi Desert- that's on your way to Las Vegas, HWY15.

I used to live in Long Beach, worked in West LA, and I also went to High school (and Lived) in the Valley. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

CAKES66
Wed, May-07-03, 09:37
I no longer live in the SF Valley, but I know that Walmart carries some LC stuff like Atkins bars etc. I was told by a manager at Albertsons that they always order according to customer's requests. If you know the product name you can most likely have it at your own store. If many people but the item, the store will reorder it on a regular basis.

Good luck

Have a great LC Day :wave:

Nat490
Sun, Jun-22-03, 00:17
hi all and CAKES66
I am also in the high desert but think I am north of you across the 58 to the 395 to China Lake.
We have Von's and Mother Earth here for Atkins. Not sure if Wal-mart carries Atkins or not but thx for the tip will be checking them out as well.
Nan

catlinc
Mon, Jun-23-03, 18:53
There is lots of low carb in LA, Walmart, Target and most of the Trader Joes have various products. If you want to find a core selection then try Humphrey Yougurts on Van Nuys Blvd. in Van Nuys near Gelson's. All the major grocery stores have begun carrying meal replacement bars and sugarless stuff in LA, but it is spread all over the stores.

sim0ne
Tue, Jun-24-03, 14:03
im in whittier ~ still. (left venice beach against my will)

herbies here in uptown carries ALL of the atkins products - but i try to avoid the prepackaged stuff because its expensive and the chemicals worry me.

i felt abandoned over in the other thread all by myself so i thought id say hi here.

sim

catlinc
Tue, Jun-24-03, 19:59
There are too many threads on southern california, it seems like they should be consolidated somehow. I guess there is no way to encourage someone to look for a thread before starting a new one!

Love your hair, SimOne.......

Nat490
Tue, Jun-24-03, 21:29
Not sure if I am considered Southern California, I know I wouldn't be Northern California but I am in the high desert out in China Lake area. I am 3 hours from LAX North by North East between Lancaster and Victorville. If you look at a map I am right at the 14/395/178, if you see all three intrestates you have found China Lake. :)

btmncrt
Mon, Feb-09-04, 01:47
:doah: The owners of Humphrys on Van Nuys Blvd have opened up a low carb supermarket across the street from it/Solley's Deli. It is pretty good. Also, for those in the N. San Fernando Valley there is a place, not sure what it is called, on Chatsworth Street in Granada Hills a few blocks east of White Oak. It is a bit more expensive than other low carb places, and does not have a huge selection but has a lot of basics and for me, it is better than having to make a special trip to Van Nuys. :devil:

black57
Mon, Feb-16-04, 10:14
I live in Orange now. Last summer my family met with another lc family in Mission Viejo for a good barbecue. We had lc ribs and I made keto pasta salad. Once you develope a taste for the keto pasta, it tastes pretty good. I am a musician and may be performing in LA in April. If this happens maybe we can meet for lunch or somethin'.

Black57

btmncrt
Tue, Feb-24-04, 19:51
:doah: okay :devil:

MsTwacky
Wed, Jun-02-04, 15:11
I live in the San Fernando Valley too!!