PDA

View Full Version : Hiya Bambi - another kiwi reporting in!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ljhnz
Wed, Sep-25-02, 18:17
Hi, I'm Lynne from Western Southland.
I was on a "typical" diet last year (losing weight ok, but feeling hungry and deprived all the time)and one Friday I sat in on an auction in Invercargill (they had some rope there I wanted!)
Anyhow, the very START of the auction was being held up a bit 'cos the auctioneer was trying to get a bid on this video/cassette/book set about dieting - as I was in a hurry, I bought it to get things moving, took it home and forgot about it for a week or two.
Dug it out again one day when tidying and started reading - it was the Dr Eades Protein Power Set - charts, tape measure, the works!
Started doing it and was quickly hooked (not so hungry!) got down to my ideal weight quite quickly, too. Then, for some reason (restricting my calories too much still,I guess) I reverted back to eating carbs and put it all back on again while cooking for the shearing gangs!(we run a contracting business - so much temptation in your face all the time when you're the cook)
Anyhow, decided 20th August 2002 to stop being such a twerp and got back into it again - my main motivation being a three year old horse I bred is due to be broken in and I won't allow myself to start the job 'till I've lost these extra pounds - this time doing Atkins - the weight is coming off again and I feel good.
Atkins is better for me 'cos it's easier for me to totally restrict all carbs (total of 5-10 gms a day or so at the moment), as opposed to allow 60gms a day as on the Protein Power regimen - I still used to get sweet cravings having that many - not having any with Atkins yet.
Look forward to hearing from any kiwis who have a nutritional breakdown for mutton birds and whitebait!
Cheers
Lynne