PDA

View Full Version : Crustless Spinach Pie

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Twinkle
Sun, Sep-22-02, 14:48
Crustless Spinach Pie

1 (10 ounce) package frozen, chopped spinach
4 tablespoons butter, melted
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
8 ounces cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Thaw and drain spinach. It is important that you remove the water from the spinach. You will need to actually squeeze the water out. Combine spinach with remaining ingredients. Spoon into a greased pie plate or quiche dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

jayemdee
Sun, Jan-19-03, 09:11
This is a great brunch dish. Everyone enjoyed it. I did make some modifications, increasing the eggs to 5 and adding about 1/3 cup Kraft parmesan cheese. It made is very quiche-like.

cajuda
Fri, Apr-01-05, 08:02
Made this last night and was very good. I agree--would make a nice brunch dish. Added the parmesan as well as chunks of leftover ham. Now that I think of it, I'm going to have some for breakfast. What an easy recipe. Delish. Thanks.

LadyBelle
Sun, Jan-01-06, 10:05
Well I made this once before with great results. Decided to do it again today with the left over ingredients.

Being half awake and just reviewing the recipie fast, I am realizing this could come out interesting. I forgot the butter for one thing. I am also out of mozza, so threw in what was left of feta hoping the 5 eggs are enough to hold things together.

kevinpa
Sun, Jan-01-06, 10:08
i've made mistakes that I ended up keeping as a new recipe.....lol