PDA

View Full Version : Whooee Momma, That's some spicy chicken!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TeriDoodle
Fri, Sep-20-02, 11:50
My husband is hispanic and we're both native Texans.... we love our food hot and spicy! Even so, I can never seem to get the food spicy enough for DH.... I swear he puts Tobasco on everything I put in front of him! But NOT last night!! I conjured up this chicken recipe that turned out very yummy, but lawdy mercy it was HOT! :yum: We both loved it and he encouraged me to post it here.... so here ya go...

3-4 boneless chicken breasts
3 tbsp butter
Tony Cacherie's cajun spices
1 can Rotel (I used "Extra Hot") diced tomatoes & chiles
1 avocado, cubed
~1 cup shredded cheddar or monterrey jack cheese
sour cream

Slightly pound the chicken and season with the Tony Cacherie's (or any spices of your choice). Melt butter in skillet and brown the chicken...about 3 mins/side over MH heat. Pour the Rotel over the chicken, cover your skillet, turn the heat to low and cook for another 20 mins. or so. Turn off the heat, top with shredded cheddar and allow to melt. Top with avocado cubes and a dollop of sour cream.

Fitday counts (for whole recipe, using 3 ckn breasts)
Total: 1745
Fat: 128 1153 66%
Sat: 63 570 33%
Poly: 9 85 5%
Mono: 47 421 24%
Carbs: 27 72 6% (18 net carbs)
Fiber: 9 0 0%
Protein: 124 497 28%

Enjoy!

Beanie
Sat, Sep-21-02, 12:28
Teri,

This sounds fantastic!! I can't wait to try it. I have some chicken breasts in the freezer and was wondering what I could do with them to spice them up a bit.

Thanks!
Beanie

Soinwi
Sun, Sep-22-02, 20:22
YUMMY!!!

I will be going to the store tomorrow for all of this recipe!! I lived for 4 years in TX and since then the hotter the better!!!!! Can't wait to try it!!!

Sonja :D

TeriDoodle
Mon, Sep-23-02, 09:43
Did ya'll try it? Hope you enjoyed it!!

I stocked up on Rotel this weekend! :D