PDA

View Full Version : Colestid

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

LBDropper
Mon, Sep-16-02, 21:02
I am starting Colestid today for my "ibs" which probably isn't ibs but stupid doctors who fail to investigate thorougly label it that. If you have had "IBS" since your colestectomy(gall bladder removal) you may have bile salt disorder and Colestid could turn you back into a new person. It helps bind the bile which is making you run to the bathroom. It's worth a try, and I will be reporting on this medicine to say how it works. I started tonight and will give it a few days to truely see.

Rosebud
Mon, Sep-16-02, 21:23
Hi there LB,

You're not the only one to have problems after a cholecystectomy.
Doreen's post in this thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37911&highlight=gall+bladder) may be of some help. NSmith's problems sound very like yours...

BTW, have you chosen a low carb plan yet? If you look at "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen, you may find something there that suits you.
I would suggest (strongly! :D ) that you buy the book of whichever plan you choose and read it thoroughly.

All the best to you!

:rose:Rosebud:rose: