PDA

View Full Version : On Atkins; want to switch to CALP. HELP!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KonaMom
Sun, Sep-15-02, 12:42
:wave: Hi everyone!
I just found this forum today and I'm thrilled to "meet" y'all. I have a question I hope someone can answer. I've been on Atkins since August 18th and I've lost 18 pounds. It's been very easy up until now and I'm thinking I may need to switch to CALP in order to keep my weight loss going. Have any of you switched from Atkins to CALP? What happened? I'm sure the weight loss will be slower, but I'm okay with that. I have begun walking for 40 minutes a day so I think that will help too. Thanks for your help and I look forward to talking with all of you.
Peace,
Susan :cool:

AnnMarie
Wed, Sep-18-02, 14:49
Hi Susan! I don't have any advice for you on this, I just wanted to say I am doing the same thing you are! I have been struggling with Atkins for a long time now and I decided enough is enough. I finally realized there are other programs out there, and I am starting CALP tomorrow. I have read both the CAD and CALP books and decided CALP was for me.

So good luck! :)

KonaMom
Wed, Sep-18-02, 15:18
Thanks for your reply and wish you tons of luck! I'll tell you what. If we can do Atkins, we can do anything! I'm reading the CALP book right now and it looks great. I'll be checking up on you before I start!
Peace,
Sue

Libbyfcr
Thu, Sep-19-02, 10:30
I think you will both do just fine on CALP. Just remember to keep your book handy, re-read things occasionally and try to incorporate the Options For Life. They are in there for good reason!

I love my CALP book. I read it often to remind myself WHY I am doing certain things and to give my self a little boost when needed. It helps keep me in line.

Best wishes to you both.
:wave: Libby

Ravens
Sun, Sep-22-02, 11:49
I tried CALP, and found that the reward meal would make me crave more carbs, especially the ones I should'nt have much of, such as potatoes and bread and sweets. I guess I cannot take just a little, like an alcoholic, once I start, I cannot stop. Went back to Atkins, am doing induction over again, (I lost 50 pounds previously on Atkins, have 20 to 25 more to go ) have been cheating miserably on Atkins, so I thought that CALP would help, but seems to have made me worse. I am now on day 6 of induction with Atkins, and I don't even have the sweet cravings much now, and it's TOM time too!!!!!! If I do Atkins just as he says, I am fine, it's when I start using all the "fake" foods, like fautatoes, and artificially sweetened candies, and cheesecakes, etc. Even with those, if I taste just a little, I eat the whole recipe. Guess I need to keep it simple. Hey, it's easier on the pocketbook, and , less cooking for me.