PDA

View Full Version : type 1 diabetic

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

t.k.
Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:35
Hi, I have been on the atkins diet for 5 weeks now and love it. My insulin requirements went from 62 units a day down to 19 units a day. I don't feel like I am chained to food any more. I would love to hear from some other type 1 diabetics.

pammie
Tue, Sep-10-02, 21:04
I'm a type II diabetic, but wanted to say congratulations on reducing your insulin requirements. That's wonderful! Keep up the good work!

puma_power
Wed, Oct-09-02, 15:11
Hey, congratulations on your success with the Atkins Diet! I recently started doing Dr. Bernstein's "Diabetes Solution" diet, and it is working quite well. My aim is to have my next HbA1c be at 5%...My cholesterol and blood pressure were already good, but my last A1c was terrible... I wouldn't mind if I lost about 10 pounds in the process, either ;)

How are you feeling physically? Do you notice a big difference in your energy since cutting out so many carbs and taking less insulin?