PDA

View Full Version : Carbo Addict Diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jomil
Fri, Mar-16-01, 07:41
Being new in this forum I may be treading on confusing grounds.
But I tried Atkins diet about 10 years ago and could not stick with it, however I have just started Hellers diet one week ago and find it less demanding.
I am wondering what experience you all have had if you have tried the Carbo Addicts Diet?
I would be interested in hearing about anybodys experience with both diets.
Thanx for any assistance

MDukes
Fri, Mar-16-01, 12:37
I tried Atkins a couple of years ago and only lasted 2 weeks. I decided to go for it again this year. I did Atkins 2 weeks to do the "induction" portion, then switched to Heller's Carbo addict diet. The first two weeks while I was on Atkins I lost 8lbs, and while on Heller's I have only lost an additional 6.5 lbs over 4 weeks, a little slower than I would have liked. I have noticed that if I don't always have the "reward" meal and do a more atkins version, I'll have a better lose for the week. Also, I'm not a salad eater and getting in that salad everyday for the reward meal was real punishment! Keep us posted on how you do on Heller! Good Luck!

Tinakaye
Fri, Mar-16-01, 19:20
Hiya Jomil, I've never tried it because I need the hunger control that ketosis provides me. But whatever woe you choose I wish you the very bestest! Keep us posted and let us know how your doing. :)

Tinakaye
203/127/128
http://tinabelle.tripod.com/lowcarb.html

r.mines
Fri, Mar-16-01, 20:32
I haven't done this diet myself (though I've read the book), but one of my friends is on it. She's lost 40 pounds since mid-December or thereabouts. For her, it works!

Rachel

GStump
Sun, Mar-18-01, 18:33
Hi Jomil,

I have never tried the Atkins diet, it sounded like a diet that I could not stick with for life. But I am now trying the Heller's Addict Carb diet. Been on it for 2 weeks now. Have lost 4 lbs. This seems like a diet that I could live with. You said that you had also started with the Hellers diet. How are you doing on this?

Keep us posted. It sounds like you started on the diet, about the time I did. I would like to lose at least 20 lbs. But if I lost 15, I would be much happier about my weight than I am now.

Cravingsweets
Mon, Mar-19-01, 13:02
Hi jomil
I have tried both Atkins and now am on CAD for the first time. Today is my 8th day and I love it! It appears that this is much easier for me to do, however, I did lose weight on Atkins but had the same problem you did...could not go very long without cheating. On this diet, I think that I am losing a little to fast but I know it will slow down after the H20...I retain fluid really bad so I dropped 12 lbs. in 5 days. I do hooe to conitnue and am looking forward to this particular site being an encouragement to me as well. Maybe this is the REAL DEAL for the both of us so we need to keep in touch and share our ups and downs here. Hopefully our experience will all be up in spirits and down in pounds.

Cravingsweets

jomil
Mon, Mar-19-01, 16:39
Thank you all for your constuctive comments and support. I am well into my second week but am not having anymore success, even though I am doing the same as I did the first week when I lost 3 pounds.

The status at the moment is 194/192.5/169

doreen T
Mon, Mar-19-01, 16:39
Hello to the new members!

I tried CAD for a month or so, a couple years ago. I did lose a bit of weight, but I have to admit that having that Reward Meal with the carb load in the evening really set me up for night-time cravings. Everyone is different though. I even tried tweaking things a bit, by having the carb meal at breakfast everyday instead .... so porridge, fruits, whole wheat pancakes, etc.. ... then ate lowcarb the rest of the day. This worked a bit better for me, but the important thing is you have to be consisitent. The whole point is to get insulin and blood sugar swings under control, and that can't happen if you're eating your carbs at different times every day.

Good luck to you, and I do know many have had success with this....:)

Doreen

poptop
Mon, May-29-06, 16:11
I haven't done this diet myself (though I've read the book), but one of my friends is on it. She's lost 40 pounds since mid-December or thereabouts. For her, it works!

Rachel
hi I'm new on this forum! cant tell you how wonderful it feels to know you are not alone doing the CAD. Although Im new on this forum I'm not new to CAD. this is my 4th year, sadly though i cannot get below 90 kg. I have read the hellers CAD book 3 times from cover to cover and flick through it every now and then. my body , it seems it doesn't want go below the 90 kg. what ever I have tried, from the book as well as from this awsome site doesn't work long term. I lose 1 or 2kg initially and then it stops and at timmes it goes up. I feel very depressed and am in despair I don't think I'm ever going to wake up thin. :help: How did your friend lose so much weight? is there any way i could get in touch with her? have to drop the kids off at school will be back soon. I live in melbourne australia. please excuse my typo's not very handy with touch typing

nocarbkat
Mon, May-29-06, 17:25
This has been a very interesting thread...I have been doing atkins, having some sucess with it, but I have school starting next week and know that some eating out will be in order, simply due to time constraints. I have been wondering about CAD and if that would be a more "liveable" plan.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences...

mirielle
Thu, Jul-06-06, 11:43
hi I'm new on this forum! cant tell you how wonderful it feels to know you are not alone doing the CAD. Although Im new on this forum I'm not new to CAD. this is my 4th year, sadly though i cannot get below 90 kg. I have read the hellers CAD book 3 times from cover to cover and flick through it every now and then. my body , it seems it doesn't want go below the 90 kg. what ever I have tried, from the book as well as from this awsome site doesn't work long term. I lose 1 or 2kg initially and then it stops and at timmes it goes up. I feel very depressed and am in despair I don't think I'm ever going to wake up thin. :help: How did your friend lose so much weight? is there any way i could get in touch with her? have to drop the kids off at school will be back soon. I live in melbourne australia. please excuse my typo's not very handy with touch typing

Poptop, you may want to try Carbohydrate Addicts Lifestyle Plan. It is stricter. It eliminates diet pop, diet chewing gum, adds a 2 cup salad to every RW, and limits carbs to 1/3 of the RM, not including the initial salad. I am almost 60, just quit smoking 3months ago, and have lost 9 lbs on the plan in less than a week.

Enomarb
Thu, Jul-06-06, 17:02
hi- I hope you see this thread is from 2001- I think only Doreen is still posting.
There are lots of us to help- look at the newer threads (2006) and click on 'journal' if there is one in the lower right corner, or click on the member's name in the top left corner. You can read the member's profile, look at all posts they have done, or just threads they started.
HTH-
E

mirielle
Thu, Jul-06-06, 18:12
hi- I hope you see this thread is from 2001- I think only Doreen is still posting.
There are lots of us to help- look at the newer threads (2006) and click on 'journal' if there is one in the lower right corner, or click on the member's name in the top left corner. You can read the member's profile, look at all posts they have done, or just threads they started.
HTH-
E

Heheheh. I missed that. Well, if old Poptop ever pops back in...lol.