PDA

View Full Version : my sweat to a better body

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chemlady
Fri, Sep-06-02, 18:40
I have been exercising for about 3 weeks steady so I think since I am really serious about changing myself both physically and emotionally I should post for all the world to see. Here goes.

Stationary bike for 20 minutes in the am before breakfast.
after work: 30 minutes nautilus immediately followed by 15 on the treadmill at 3.0 mph. Today I actually boosted the mph up to 3.4 for awhile and added some incline for a few minutes just to up the intensity.

Its been 10 and 1/2 weeks so far since i began my lc journey and I can boost that I have lost 45.5lbs and 10 inches off my waist. I am still doing induction and only cheated once when I had baked stuffed shrimp on vacation in july. I try to eat around 1600-1800cals a day mostly fat with protein around 25-30% and minimal carbs..

So far so good. :wave:

chemlady
Sat, Sep-07-02, 18:44
Today I got up at 7 and started right in with some stretches followed by 20 minutes of aerobics and 10 minutes of ab exercises.
Protein shake for breakfast.
I took billy to soccer and was busy helping out the whole hour.
In the afternoon me and the kids went swimming and I got some laps in.
It was a good day and I had energy to burn.
Trimmed the hedges and cut both the front and back grass.

chemlady
Mon, Sep-09-02, 09:34
Yesterday was my rest day although I did 20 minutes of the stationary bike. I spent the day at the beach with the kids, swimming and playing in the sand. Went looking for shells in the surf. Energy has never been hirer. I think back to 11 weeks ago when walking from my car to my office was a chore. Thank god those days are gone. I feel like my I am taking my life back.

Monday
15 minutes on the bike before breakfast. Strapped for time have to take the dog to the vet before work for spaying.
After work billy has a soccer game and then plan on hitting the gym for nautilus and 15 on the treadmill. down 47 pounds this morning. I have never lost weight so fast in all my life. The nautilus is really kicking it all in and I feel so much stronger.

chemlady
Tue, Sep-10-02, 10:47
Yes yesterday I stuck to it and did go to the gym for nautilus and the treadmill. I am determined.

Today:
20 minutes on the stationary bike.
Plan on swimming at the Y tonight with the kids.
Need to do crunches after work for those flabby abs.

slimchance
Tue, Sep-10-02, 10:51
Hey chem! :wave:

It sounds like you have things under control! Good for you!! :thup:

It is amazing how much exercise can empower a person! :D

Keep up the great work!! You're an inspiration to many.

KC :)

chemlady
Wed, Sep-11-02, 19:53
today wednesday:
I think this exercise thing is getting addictive. thats a good thing.
15 mins on the bike before breakfast.
tonight i went to the y and did the nautilus. I upped the sets from 2 to 3 and I also did 17 minutes on the treadmill. slowly working up the time in order to get to 25 minutes.

I also lift cylinder tops in my laboratory. It may look funny when someone sees me doing it but it all counts toward the new me and when Im finished they won't be laughing they will be borrowing those cylinder tops which are cheap weights.

chemlady
Fri, Sep-13-02, 10:30
Yesterday was thurday and I took the day off from exercise kinda of.
last night I went for a 30 minute walk with the dog or should I say the dog took me for a walk, did a few sprints here and there and the dog loved it. I can see when I am ready we will be able to run together. Well shes ready and I need to lose a little more before Im ready. the kids rode there bikes along beside us.

Today:
15 minutes on the stationary bike before breakfast.
after work I am going to the gym to do nautilus and 15 on the treadmill. Still fighting a cold and taking extra C for it.

chemlady
Sat, Sep-14-02, 06:38
Yesterday I followed through plus I took a bike ride at night.

Today, Saturday:
10 minutes step aerobics - thats all I could take. Ran downstairs and did 15 minutes on the stationary bike after which I ran back upstairs and finished off with 10 minutes of crunches all types.

Plan on taking the kids to swimming after lunch at the Y and maybe tonight a bike ride. I seem to not be able to stand still and I try to make every moment count. I feel so much better.

chemlady
Tue, Sep-17-02, 07:34
Lets see to begin with I did go swimming for 45 minutes on saturday and I did go around the block once on the bike at night but I had the trailer hooked to it with billy(40+lbs) and the tires were almost flat so it was a bit much and decided to get more air in the tires for next time.

Sunday I did 25 minutes on the stationary bike and made several trips up and down the stairs get all the fall stuff out and decorating the house. It rained on and off all day.

Monday: I did 15 on the bike in the am and after work I did 30 min nautilus and then 15 on the treadmill.

Today teusday I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike. I hope I am motivated enough to do some thing tonight.

HerbNurse
Tue, Sep-17-02, 08:08
You go Chemlady!!

Got a good thing goin' on, keep up the good work.

chemlady
Wed, Sep-18-02, 09:33
Yesterday I walked at lunch with my boss for 20minutes. Last night I was busy with the kids. I took the dog to the vet to get the stitches removed and that was an ordeal getting her in and out of the car. She is petrified of the car and weighs 48 lbs. When I finally got her in the car she jumped in my seat and wouldn't get out.

Wednesday; I did 15min on the stationary bike this morning first thing. I plan to go to the gym after work for the nautilus and the treadmill.

chemlady
Thu, Sep-19-02, 10:51
Today is thursday and I got in about 7 minutes on the bike this morning. I woke up late and no time.
Yesterday I went to the y with the kids after supper and did 40 minutes nautilus (3 sets on each machine opposed to the regular 2 sets) I did 20 minutes on the treadmill and then took a 45 min swim with the kids. I think I did a bit too much because I was a little short tempered by the time we got home and wasn't in the mood to put up with thier stall tactics about going to bed. Today I am taking it easy and plan on taking a walk around the building outside in awhile when my boss gets back from lunch. He calls me the amazing shrinking woman. Tonight I am going out to eat with my sister and of course will stick to my new way of life. She promised me a lobster dinner when I lost 50 pounds. I wish a had a couple like her. Ha Ha!

chemlady
Fri, Sep-20-02, 11:37
Yesterday I did take that 20 minute walk but at night I had calamari when I went out with my sister. I looked it up on fitday today and I guess it wasn't so bad because I had few carbs the rest of the day. Then we walked the mall. Can't wait till I can finally shop in express and limited instead of just look at the cool new clothes out. Its been so long since I have been a regular size and the styles have changed so much. I bought ashley a cool outfit in limited too. Its a lizzie maguire, her favorite program on disney.
When I got home the house was trashed because the babysitter lets them do what ever they want and they don't pick up. I spent an hour picking up and straightening. I get my exercise any way I can.
Today I did 20 minutes on the bike and I am getting out a little early so I can go to the gym and do nautilus and 15 on the treadmill before I pick up billy.

chemlady
Mon, Sep-23-02, 09:05
Lets see.
I did the treadmill and nautilus on friday.
Saturday I did 15minutes step aerobics immediately followed by 20 minutes on the bike and 10 minutes of intense stomach exercises.
I walked about 40 minutes with the kids in the afternoon while my car was being fixed.

Sunday: 20 minutes on the bike. 45 minutes in the pool and at least an hour of intense yard work and boy can I feel it in my shoulders today.

This morning I did 20min on the bike and will head to the gym later for nautilus and treadmill.

I was a little depressed because when I got on the scale this morning I gained a pound but my TOM at least I think thats what you call it is coming within a week from now or at least it is supposed to by all calculations.

I didn't measure myself yesterday because I am trying to space that out to every two weeks in order to see a measurable difference.

Let hope that as the week progresses things get better.

chemlady
Wed, Sep-25-02, 14:14
first of all I did go to the gym on monday and did the nautilus and the treadmill for 15minutes. I wish I could have done more but billy had a soccer game at 5:30 so there was little time. I did two sets on each machine and increased the weight by 5lbs on the second set.
Teusday: I rode the bike for 15minutes before breakfast and went shopping with ashley at the mall at night.

Today, Wednesday: I did 15min on the stationary bike and took a 20minute walk with my boss around 2:30. Tonight after supper I will go to the Y and do nautilus 3sets and 15 on the treadmill.

I do have TOM and I still am carrying that extra pound around. Oh well. I guess I have to expect some stalls and set backs.

chemlady
Thu, Sep-26-02, 12:17
Well last night didn't actually go as planned. Got in 2sets on some equipment and three on others. I did 17 on the treadmill at an increased speed of 3.4 mph. I really felt weak and I have tremendous cramps and a blinding headache..
Today:
I did 15 onthe bike and 10 on the treadmill before breakfast along with 10 min of stomach crunches all types.
I plan to go home and rest tonight until I feel better.

The good thing is I am wearing size 18 dress pants today and they are a little baggy, Tom bloat and all.

chemlady
Tue, Oct-01-02, 11:42
today is teusday and I did 15 on the bike this morning. Last friday I did 15onthe bike also. Went home from work early that day. felt lousy. I spent the weekend in new hampshire. Went to the fryeburg fair on sunday and walked and walked and walked, six hours of it. I think Im fighting some type of bug. Stopped taking the flaxseed oil because everything goes through me. I do feel better and I am at work but still not 100%. Took off nautilus on friday and monday. No time and traveling yesterday. I did manage to lose 3 pounds over the weekend though which is a plus. Tommorow I will be back in the gym no matter what. Can't stop the momentum of the scale.

chemlady
Thu, Oct-03-02, 11:33
I must confess I did not go to the gym wednesday. I did do 15 on the bike before breakfast and this morning I did 20 on the bike but I have been so busy with the kids and feeling a little lazy. I am going to the gym today and hopefully again on saturday if I can get some one to watch billy.

Cyprinodon
Thu, Oct-03-02, 12:49
Hi Chemlady:

I read your post about calamari and wanted to tell you this idea. My husband and I are both low carbers. This weekend, we went to eat at Macaroni Grill. After asking that no bread be brought to our table, my husband asked the waiter if the calamari was pre-breaded or not. It wasn't pre-breaded so my husband asked for it to be prepared without breading. The non-breaded calamari came sauteed in olive oil and garlic with two different sauces for dipping, one of which was mayo based. The sauces probably had sugar in them but we ate them anyway. The calamari wasn't rubbery, had a good taste, and was cut so that it didn't look icky for eating like an intact squid might . Also, I never thought about how much protein is in the fried breaded stuff but this appetizer plate was a very good protein serving, good enough to order this as the main meal.

chemlady
Fri, Oct-04-02, 07:01
thanks for the advice I will have to keep that in mind next time I go out for dinner. I do think a little breading now and then won't hurt me because after 3months I am still doing induction because of the significant amount of weight that I have to lose.

I did go to the gym yesterday and got a good workout.
I did 17 minutes on the treadmill at a speed of 3.3mph along with the nautilus.
Today I woke up late and its school picture day so I spent time crimping ashleys hair. I'll have to do 20 on the treadmill tonight to makeup for that missed morning workout. Ashley's dad said he would watch the kids for me so that I can workout on saturday and then we will all take a swim in the pool. Lost another 1/2 pound as of this morning but won't record it until its a full pound.
I know those missed workouts are why the weight loss is slowed. I will have to crank things up a bit this weekend.

chemlady
Sun, Oct-06-02, 17:07
I guess I have to type this all over again because I originally entered this as a new thread.

Friday: 15 or 20 on the treadmill I just can't remember.
Saturday: 25 on the treadmill before breakfast. Went to the Y for nautilus and then did 40 minutes in the pool.

Sunday: 25minutes on the treadmill and went for an afternoon bike ride with the kids.

I wish I had the time to start a journal or read others but when you are a single parent with your own home and two kids involved in sports well I might as well forget that idea. I did vacuum out the car today while billy was playing in the yard. He's only 4 and requires supervision unlike his sister who is ten and has a little more freedom.

I am supposed to start my challenge tomorrow for bfl. I will give this all my effort even though I lack the equipment for an all out challenge and besides unless I get in my underwear for my before pictures you won't see the problems areas that i want so much to change. I haven't worn a two piece bathing suit since I was ten years old.

chemlady
Tue, Oct-08-02, 14:11
Well yesterday was day one bfl challenge and I did upper body
I kinda read the instructions wrong and ended up doing 6sets of two exercises for the chest and the shoulders and boy can I feel it today. Pain just lifting my arms above my head. I have to get some glutamine at target today.
Today I did 20minutes on the treadmill just like bfl tells you to do except i wasn't counting correctly and had to stay on the treadmill 21 minutes in order to get the cool down(intensity 5).
I can do all the cardio before breakfast but I am doing upper body at the y because I don't want to stop using the nautilus machines just yet and the fact that your position for perfect form is an advantage. They have two exercises for chest and two for shoulders as well as one for back,bicep and tricep. Last night I did some tricep kickbacks and well as concentrated biceps.
I went to walmart yesterday like sherryb suggested and bought 5and 10lb dumbells. I have 3lb ones and I have strapon 2 pound weights I can add to them to make more weight. I think this is good for the first week or two until I need 15 or 20 weights. I know the crunches will be done with no weight for the first set anyway. I will do lower body tommorrow in the morning as soon as I get up. I hope to get results like others I have seen.
I need to take some additional measurements tonight. According to the bf% calculators I found, I am 47%. I will post all beginning measurements tomorrow. Staying low carb and up the protein on lift days as well as a few more carbs one hour after lift. I plan on sticking low carb on the free day. I don't want to gain any of that weight back.

chemlady
Wed, Oct-09-02, 07:44
pain , pain, sore, pain.
Lower body this morning. I did squats, stiffleg deadlifts, standing calf raises and crunches. Last set of crunches did reverse crunches. Finished up with 3 miles on the bike because legs felt like rubber and I don't want any stiffness and its seemed right. I feel it most in my hamstrings and calfs right now. No glutamine at target. oh well need to get some tonight. Had a protein shake and vitamin c 1/2 hour after workout. Waiting 2 hours to have some cantelope. I am wearing heels today which should add to the leg stretch and strain. I guess its true no pain no gain.
Need to do some stretching tonight before bed. Drinking plenty of water to hopefully block the leg cramps I feel I will have tommorrow morning. Upper body still a little sore. Did somebody give me a beating or what. Scale still reads the same. I think I will use the nautilus machines next week for my quads and hamstrings just to mix things up a bit and then switch again the following week. I am psyched into this and just know this is the right move right now. No sagging skin for me if I can help it. Bought a pair of size sixteen jeans last night. There tight but not for long.

chemlady
Fri, Oct-11-02, 11:37
Well I started bfl on monday and I have been sore since teusday. I did recover by thursday from the workout on monday and If i hadn't fallen in the driveway on wednesday and hurt my bunion on my right foot I would have done cardio on thurday. plan on using thursday as my free day and doing cardio on sunday to make it up. I have noticed that since I started doing nautilus in late august that I have continued to loss weight but since 6 on the 8 machines are upper body the weight is more noticably leaving the upper part of me that the lower part of me with bfl the weight workouts are balanced although its much less cardion than I have been doing. I guess we will see what happens. I have been using the treadmill for my cardio because I feel it is a more challenging workout than the bike although I am still using the bike alittle. I plan on mixing things up in order to maximize my results.

chemlady
Sat, Oct-12-02, 08:25
Last night I went to the gym to do my upper body workout. I felt good and had little problems finishing those two last sets of 12 reps. much better than the workout on monday.
Went to bed early(930) and got a good nights sleep.
Today I got right up and did my 20minutes on the treadmill. foot and knee much better although hamstrings still sore from wednesdays workout. I plan on doing cardio tommorrow to make up for thursdays missed session because of injury. I also bought an exercise ball and plan on trying it out to see what its all about.

chemlady
Tue, Oct-15-02, 07:30
Lets see I did do a cardio on the bike on sunday and yesterday I did my lower body workout in the morning after 10 minutes on the bike for a warmup. Had plenty of protein and last night I went to see all the pumkins lit up in the park. Stood in line for an hour and then a hour of walking. I sure got my exercise. This morning I woke up late and did not get my cardio in so I plan on doing it tonight after not eating for 2hours which is recommended.
I don't have sore hamstrings today like I expected so maybe I just overdid it the first time. I really don't know.

chemlady
Thu, Oct-17-02, 07:36
I got in my cardio on tuesday night after an hour and a half after supper. I tried to wait two hours but I knew if I didn't get on that treadmill by 730 it just wasn't going to happen.
Wednesday: I had a good upper body workout at the gym. I did ten minutes on the bike in the am. I really feel good after a ten minute warmup. It really wakes me up and gets me going even though I know your not supposed to do cardio on a lift day. I guess I feel the need to customize this plan for me and hope for the best. I didn't take any pictures last week which I probably should have but I did take measurements and I still feel two fat for a picture. I have never had my picture taken professionally at christmas with the kids. I wonder if a lot of people out there hate to have there picture taken? People like me anyway, overweight.
Today I got right up and did my cardio on the treadmill. great workout. feeling good.

chemlady
Mon, Oct-21-02, 11:01
Today is c1/w3/d1 and feeling really good. I plan on going to the gym after work. I think I work out less now than I did a month ago. I feel stronger and have not let myself slack off. I did ten minutes on the bike this morning. its just enough to wake me up and get me going. Busy day and tonight billy has soccer so I need all my energy. I have incorporated ten minutes on the bike at a good pace on lift days and on my free day. Sunday I cut the front and back grass and did some raking which is a workout in itself and I am not sore today like I would have been a month or so ago. Bfl is working. Today a total stranger at work wanted to know what I was doing to lose weight. Boy I feel good today.

chemlady
Tue, Oct-22-02, 11:13
Can you believe it I forgot to do my ubwo. I remembered at eight oclock last night so I plan on doing it tonight. This morning I only had time for 15minutes on the treadmill. I guess this months tom is making me stupid or something. I feel lousy on top of it all. I don't know how you can feel can change so quickly. I know one thing I am so hungry lately or at least since I started bfl. I feel like I eat all day long. And this month I do not feel fat and bloated now that tom is here. Thats a very good thing.

chemlady
Mon, Oct-28-02, 13:41
First on all I never did makeup that ubwo last monday. The rest of the week I did everything as planned and continued to do 10 minutes on the bike on my lift days and free day. Tom was gone as of saturday and boy I could notice it in the mirror. Took measurements yesterday and yes there have been some changes:
Neck was 15 now 14 1/2
bust was 46 now 45 1/2
waist was 39 now 37 1/2
hips were 48 now 47 1/4
thigh was 28 now 27
upper arm was 14 now 13
calf was 16 1/2 now 16
Everything else stayed the same. All this in three full weeks. Its working. Got on the scale this morning and wala 232. 70 lbs gone forever. I am pumped up for todays lbwo. I was finally able to put on those size 14 jeans and boy they look good if I say so myself. I can't imagine what the totals will be at the end of the 12 weeks. I know now I am not stopping. I will continue with this routine until I am at goal and maybe beyond. I had coffee with an old friend this weekend and his comment was that I was glowing and look so healthy. He made my day.

chemlady
Tue, Oct-29-02, 09:27
Today I did cardio and still feeling great. People are stopping me in the halls today and asking me if I am losing weight. I guess its showing and boy do I love it.
Did lower body yesterday and I sure felt the burn. stuck to a salad with grilled chicken for supper with an endulge bar for dessert.
Tonight ashley has acrobat lessons so I plan on shopping for a new bra. I can't believe they actually got bigger. Well they did. I tried on some bras last week and had to go up a cup size because I was all squeezed in. I really think there big enough but my boss(a man) says that they can never be too big. Figures he would say that.

Natrushka
Tue, Oct-29-02, 10:25
Originally posted by chemlady
thanks nat for the kind words. From you they mean alot. I just took a peek at what your doing and I feel like I am not doing anything compared to you. How do you keep that pace up. I think if I stopped taking care of the kids and cleaning the house I might have time to do more. Your incredible. You go girl.

Hi there Missy :) You know it really is all relative. I look at what some of the women on other BFL boards are pressing or squatting and I think :eek: Wow! Then I look back at what I lifted when I started, back in November 2001 and I think the same thing. It's about bettering yourself and your own personal goals.

But you're right about two things; I have a lot of help around the house and I do not have any children who need my time. It allows me to obsess just that much more ;)

Obviously what you are doing is working for you, and frankly, that's what matters.

Cheers,
Nat

chemlady
Sat, Nov-02-02, 20:15
I wish I made the time to post in my gym log everyday but alas I forget and get busy with things and I just don't.
I finished off my 4th week of bfl today and feel thin. Bought two pairs of slacks on thursday, size 14. I gave away my size 18 tonight. I can wear pants one size too big but two sizes to big and they look ridiculus. Also fitting into size large women tops for the most part. Boobs went up a cup size which was a real surprise to me. I bought a 38 and retired my 42 which was on the last set of hooks and still loose. Plan on waiting a nother week before I measure again. I will hit the scale on monday as usual though. Started seeing some definition in my upper abs even though there still some fat there. I just can't believe it. Lower abs look better but still need alot of work.

chemlady
Sun, Nov-10-02, 19:35
Tommorrow I begin week 6 of bfl. I have been doing real good about not missing any workouts or cardio. I start lower body tommorrow. Now that I think of it I probably should have taken the before pictures. Too late now. I measured today and the results so far are as follows:
Bust 46 now....45
waist 39 now...37
hips 50 now....46 1/2
upper arm 14 now...13
thigh 27 1/2 now....26 1/4
calf 16 1/2 now...16
neck 15 now...14 1/2
I am very pleased with the results that I am getting. I know now that beyond the 12th week I will continue with bfl until goal is reached. I do think I may modify things a bit.

chemlady
Sat, Nov-16-02, 16:12
week six is over and at the half way mark with challenge one. I lost another inch off my waist and a half inch off my hips bringing them to 46. I plan on changing my routines this week just to shake this up a bit. bought some yogurt lowest carb available for lifting days. Had oatbran pancakes this morning. Needed a change from the egg thing. Hoping for a good loss by the end of the week for the party I am going to on saturday. Plan on doing the treadmill tommorrow for 20 minutes in the morning.

chemlady
Fri, Dec-27-02, 11:35
I have not been faithful to my exercise program and its starting to show. I have stopped losing inches and after the feast of christmas I have gained back 4 pounds. I was doing the cardio 3x a week but even that fell to the wayside this week. I know that without the added boost of exercise my goals are only a dream. With all this I vow to restart bfl and stick to the plan induction style in order to shed the 4 and many more to come. My goal is less than 6 months away and 60 pounds away. Hopefully this weekend will be the restart of my program and a good loss.

Anybody
Sat, Dec-28-02, 07:17
The holiday's are forever going to be a challange to keep any sort of usual shedule. You've done a great job so far and have progressed from not being able to get from your car to your office without being a tad out of breath to now worrying about missing a few days in your very regid exercise program.

You've had a successful change in your mind set and thats what is most important. :)

Get back to your routine and becoming even more physically fit. You will reach your goal.

Topher

Natrushka
Sat, Jan-04-03, 21:52
I heard it from a little bird that tomorrow is a big day for you! I just wanted to stop by and wish you well and let you know I''ll be watching for those numbers!

Nat

chemlady
Mon, Jan-06-03, 08:39
You heard right nat. Today is the day. Scale weight 211.

Neck 14.5
above boobs 39
Boobs 43
Below them 38
waist 35
hips 44
upper thigh 25
knee 16
calf 16
ankle 8.75
wrist 6
upper arm 12.5
lower arm 10

I was lucky and lost all that holiday weight/bloat with four solid days of induction and three of which I did empty stomach cardio.
According to the macro I have for bf I was able to retain 3 pounds of muscle from my last challenge and I am at 39% BF. I started the last challenge with 47% BF so this is an improvement and hopeing for around 30% when I finish these twelve weeks ahead of me. I set goals for me in a spreadsheet so I will be tracking my progress on many levels. Ashley my daughter took my before pictures so I will have to get them developed to see the visual progress which is so important. I hit the gym right after work for ubwo. I set a goal to lose 21 pounds in this twelve weeks ahead which would bring me to 190. I would like to lose more but with the muscle gains expected I think this is a modest possibility.

Laurie

Natrushka
Mon, Jan-06-03, 09:01
WTG Laurie! I just scrolled back to when you started BFL, you've lost 4" each off your waist and hips!! Fantastic results. Well done on completing those 12 weeks. Here's to the next 84 days !!! :)

Nat

HerbNurse
Mon, Jan-06-03, 09:20
Laurie, I have been reading your journal and am very impressed with your determination to be lean and strong. You go girl!

HN

chemlady
Wed, Jan-15-03, 12:10
Well I am still hanging in there with bfl. Lost 2 pounds last week and thats a good thing. bras are starting to get loose and need to go on the tighter set of hooks. I guess I am losing inches. Next sunday I take the inches again so the vote will be in. I have to do my ubwo today so I will be leaving work early for that and thats about it. trying to stay motivated. The cold weather isn't a good motivator but i know the warm weather will be here before I know it.
Laurie

pinkcaddy
Wed, Jan-15-03, 13:45
You are right summer will be here soon. You will look great in t-shirts and shorts. Keep that image in your mind. I am so impressed by you!

chemlady
Mon, Jan-20-03, 12:33
Today is day one week three of challenge two. Lost an inch both above and below the boobs and 1/2 inch off waist and hips. Expecting tom yesterday so ankle and wrist were up 1/8 inch each. Didn't bother to jump on the scale because I doubt it moved in the right direction. I am incredibly hungry today and trying to not think about food. Of course I eat the right things but still my appetite is enormous at least for me it is. Still being good though. I have a ubwo planned for tonight. Looking for some new exercises to do just to shake things up a bit. Its cold and snowy here and not a good motivator for a monday so trying to stay positive and hopeing for better results in the next two weeks of bfl.
Laurie

pinkcaddy
Tue, Jan-21-03, 11:37
As long as you keep doing what you are doing you will see results. Keep it up you are doing great!

chemlady
Thu, Jan-23-03, 07:48
Well today I did the unthinkable and jumped on the scale in full blown tom or should I say day one of that dreaded thing that comes once a month and is such a nusiance. I lost a pound believe it or not well I have to say I have been working hard for this both in my diet and my exercise so I guess it was to be expected...still it was nice to see and hoping by next week to see some real progress i hope. Workouts have been good and staying good all the way.
Laurie

Anybody
Thu, Jan-23-03, 08:44
Congrats. 1 lbs closer is 1lbs closer :) Do you have any before and after pics posted considering your almost at 100lbs lost I would love to see the difference :)

Chris

chemlady
Tue, Jan-28-03, 07:25
Well its week four of bfl. Did a lower body workout at home last night. Squats, lunges etc... I know that I have lost inches but the pounds are not coming off so good and I am very depressed about this. Whats a girl to do?? I dont know if I have the courage to post before and after pictures just yet. Still feeling mighty fat these days. Didnt have the best weekend either. Just want to go lay in bed and cover up my head right now.
Laurie

Anybody
Tue, Jan-28-03, 11:45
Dont you dare cover your head! You've lost close to 100lbs. There are people who do nothing about their weight.. because they just accept they are going to be big. You .. have decided to do something about it and have made a fantastic achievement. You F'ing rock Laurie and dont you forget it. You need to seriously take a look at where you were before hand and where you are now. Smaller clothes... feeling healthier.. all of it...

Muscle weights more then fat.. you know that... if your losing inches but weights not going down.. your geting more in shape which is a great thing.

Topher

P.S I live in Tewksbury MA and work in Burlington MA

chemlady
Wed, Jan-29-03, 14:32
Today I got up and went to the y to do a upper body workout unfortunately I ran out of time and had to go to the doctors so I will finish off the triceps and biceps at home tonight. I did my cardio yesterday first thing so I get the benefit of the empty stomach fat burning. I have tried to except the fact that this is not going to happen over night. I can tell more inches are coming off, hence the last set of hooks on the bra I bought the week before christmas at victoria secrets with my sister. Ready to buy a 36 soon. Yippee. Of course the cup size seems to not be dropping at all. At this rate a bikini is not going to cover much of whats on top. Who cares if I make it there. I mean when I make it there. The doctor seems to think with all this exercise I should have the problem of the dreaded extra skin. He said it will all go back. Great news. Still flabby in the abs and hopeing for that washboard effect some day. Glad to know its possible. Wont my ex be surprised when he sees me next. Last time he saw me I weighed about 285 and wore a size 22. I am now fitting into the clothes I wore before I got pregnant with bill back in summer of 97. they were all size 12's and although I would not be a pinup I sure looked good that summer. The doctor gave me xenical to try at night before my last meal. He said that maybe all the fat in my diet is stalling me out and this might be what I need to get things moving again. I will try tonight with this and hope for the best.
Laurie

Anybody
Wed, Jan-29-03, 15:18
Now thats more like it!

bsayne
Tue, Feb-04-03, 12:24
I just had to congratulate you on your awesome progress to date! You have really done so well!

About the scale...I did start a BFL challenge last year and my experience was that the scale moved only 6 lb in the first 6 weeks...however, I had gained 9 pounds of muscle and lost 15 pound of fat...so fear not...the scale does not tell the whole story!! There are lots of posts by Nat here that really spell out the cycle of muscle building to fat loss. I am looking forward to starting another challenge as soon as medically possible...Then it will be I asking you...hey Laurie, why aren't my numbers changing again?

Keep up the incredible progress...:D she waves as you pass her by!

Beth

pinkcaddy
Tue, Feb-04-03, 17:41
Hey Laurie! Just wanted to check in with you and let you know I keep checking in and seeing your progress. You are doing soooo awesome. Almost 100 pounds, that is so great. You are doing everything right! Great job. How are you doing with the zenical. I took it for about 4 months before atkins, I ate basically no fat or I got very ill...let me know how you are doing. We are all very proud of you and admire your accomplishments!

:daizy:

chemlady
Thu, Feb-06-03, 09:19
Had a good lower body workout last night. Started off with a treadmill warmup and followed by lunges, squats, pil'e squats, stifflegged dumbbells and finished off with an intense 10 min of ab work. Feel the burn baby!!! Took a nice warm bubble bath and went to bed by ten.
This morning I got in 20 on the treadmill even though ashley woke me up in the night with her crying. She had a fever and felt lousy. Well you know she stayed home from school today. Thank god moms retired and is up for nurse duty.
I feel real good today. I little sore but not much. Pants are looser and so is top.

chemlady
Fri, Feb-07-03, 12:55
Burn baby Burn. Burn the legs out the abs out and good workout for the back and chest. The new gym is great. Lots of equipment. Classes. The real deal. Finished up with 15 on the treadmill after weights. Starting to real like my body. I might just be built like a brick shit house when this is all over. I know I have the makens. Fit nicely into a large t-shirt that I have had for ten years and still looks new. I probably could fit into a medium if it was not for the boobs. Where did they come from. I never had them like this before. Swimming in size 14 and size 12 is loosening up. Cant wait to measure on sunday. I am on my way.
Laurie

Anybody
Mon, Feb-10-03, 09:14
*waiting patiently for measurements*

chemlady
Mon, Feb-10-03, 10:03
Yesterday I forgot to measure. can you believe that. Got up feeling a little bloated from the beers the night before. Had coffee and then jumped in the shower. Had to go get ash at her dads house. Went to go see kangaroo jack at the cinema. Forget the power cards for dave and busters so we will be doing that during school vacation in a week or so. I really like that place and ashley loves that place. Its are favorite arcade. Did a small overall workout last night. One set of twelve per muscle group followed by 10 minutes of intense abs. Starting to see more definition there. Hit the gym later on for some lower body and plan on taking it easy tonight and getting in some house cleaning. Atkins bars on sale at cvs this week $1.49. Measurement tommorrow for sure. I know I lost a little more in the waist because I can tuck a shirt in my size 12 jeans I bought a week ago and they were lay on the bed zip up tight then...not anymore. Probably down to 35% bodyfat i think. we will see...
One more pound to go for that magical 100 and the boss taking me to the loghorn for steak.
Laurie

Anybody
Mon, Feb-10-03, 10:12
Awesome.. just 1 more ..thats great. :) looking forward to when you do measure :)

Topher

chemlady
Tue, Feb-11-03, 08:00
last night I did legs and back. My workouts are like mini workouts. I do about 4 or 5 a week though so I get in enough to make a difference.
Leg extension
65#x12
70#x10
72.5#x8
75#x6
65#x12x2
Leg curl
65#x12
70#X10
75#x8
80#x6
65#x12x2
Super Pullover
62.5#x12
65#x10
67.5#x8
70#x6
62.5#x12x2
I shoveled off the driveway and the walk as well as my moms driveway after supper. Today I had planned to go to the gym but those plans were just changed about five minutes ago. Looks like a home workout is in order.
As for the measurements:
1/6/03Start of bfl 2/11/03
Neck 14.5.................14.0
upper arm 12.75..........12.5
lower arm 10..........10
above bust 39.........37.75
bust 43..............42.5
below bust 38..........36.25
waist 35................33.25
hips 44................42.5
thigh 25.5............25.25
knee 16.125..........15.25
calf 16.25.............15.75
ankle 8.5.................8.5
Not bad for five weeks of bfl and now down from 39%bf to 35%bf.
Legs are moving slow though. Most difference is just below the bust, very noticable compacting of the upper abs and alot less body fat there as well. You can still pinch an inch though so this is far from over. Back to the grind for me.
Laurie

Natrushka
Tue, Feb-11-03, 18:54
Not bad for five weeks of bfl and now down from 39%bf to 35%bf. Holy carp, Laurie, that's phenonemal! Looks like you've found the mix that works for you!

The great thing about digging out those inches is that eventually even half an inch makes a big difference - those last few are harder and harder to make go away, but the pay off is it takes so much less to make so much of a difference.

You're doing great! How's the blond hair working out ? :)

N

chemlady
Wed, Feb-12-03, 20:23
Nat you are so right. I have lost close to 19 inches off my waist from the start along with 15.5 off my hips and 11.5 off my bust. Its totally amazing. People tell me that I look like a different girl. Feels good not to have three chins. The blond hair is definitely working. It really grows on ya after a while. I think my true bodyfat was around 69% but didnt have the guts to put that up there for the whole forum to see.
My workout was great today. I started with 10 minutes on the elliptical trainer. Never been on one before and could feel the burn in my buns for sure . Worked my chest, shoulders, back and abdominals. Tried a bunch of new to me machines. There is so much more at the new gym I have yet to explore. Having fun. Got on the scale tonight and guess what. I am down to 201.5 pounds. I still think that it must be wrong because weighing at night is not a good idea. I will reweigh tommorrow morning for the official number but crossing my fingers just the same.
Laurie

chemlady
Thu, Feb-13-03, 07:50
Well its official. I got on the scale this morning and I weigh 201 pounds. Never thought I would make it. Now I am just hungry to lose more. I have a before picture ready to scan but still need an after picture. If I can figure out whats wrong with my daughters digital camera maybe I could post some time soon. Oh well another day, got up late so no cardio this morning. I guess a good at home workout would work for me tonight. I have a million or so things to do for the weekend coming up and I have to fit in some real work today if I can keep my mind on chemistry. Its going to be tough. The nitrous queen is off to calibrate a unit for some hospital in italy. Check in later.
Laurie

Anybody
Thu, Feb-13-03, 08:09
100lbs!!!!!!

Congrats Laurie :) thats just awesome. :)

:Party: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :Party:

Looking forward to those pics.. and hey.. youve got a new avatar :) how cool is that :) Pretty eyes.

Topher

chemlady
Fri, Feb-14-03, 10:12
Today is just another gym day for me. I did twenty on the treadmill this morning and plan on hitting the new gym around 1pm if I can get the frig out of here. Work..Work..work!!! Of course my mind is everywhere except here. Thats how fridays usually go... THank God its friday!!!!!!!!!
Todays workout involves the legs, abs, ellipitical trainer and whatever else I think to throw in. Last night I did biceps and triceps and not much more. Just couldn't get into it and by the time I got home at 7 I was starving so thats all I did before I had my salad and steak. Tonight is laundry and packing. UP and down the cellar stairs for a good portion of the night.. Hey thats exercise. Must find knee pads for snowboarding...and dont forget to pack the camcorder.... Thinking out loud at this point..
Laurie

chemlady
Tue, Feb-18-03, 10:01
Todays workout is 2hours of shoveling.
Last friday I had a great workout at the new gym. Did 10 on the ellipitical trainer and 10 on the treadmill and then legs, abs, hips and lat pull down. Missed my workout yesterday but I did walk in about a foot of snow to moms house and back last night which is about a 1/3 mile at least. Tonight I will do an at home workout. Plan on doing biceps, triceps, shoulders and chest and of course those abs. Tommorrow will be back on schedule with the bfl. Working on week 7.
Laurie

chemlady
Wed, Feb-19-03, 11:24
Lost all motivation yesterday and never did my pm workout but I am back on track today. I did my 20mins on the treadmill this morning and will be going to the gym this afternoon for a leg, ab workout and whatever else there is time for. I really want to try out the wet sauna. maybe there will be time I hope. Tommorrow is more cardio and some upper body stuff if I can fit it in. I am going out for some adult r&r. Yes I do have a life now.
Laurie

Anybody
Wed, Feb-19-03, 11:28
*chuckle* ahhh.. adult RnR... have a grand time :) I think most everyone in new england was thrown off track yesterday a bit L....dont sweat it.

chemlady
Thu, Feb-20-03, 07:49
Well yesterday was a very good workout.
I did ten minutes on the ellipital trainer followed by leg curls, leg extensions, leg press, ab machine, hip abductor and adductor and lat pulldown. I finished up with ten minutes on the treadmill. Last night I went home and shoveled the walk so I can get mail before supper so thats a workout I am going to count. This morning I did 15 on the treadmill because thats all I had time for.
Tonight I really need to do those biceps and triceps as well as shoulder raises and etc... Need to visit abcbodybuilding for some more ideas...
Laurie

chemlady
Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:57
Well last night worked out as planned. Did alot of exercising . Preacher curls and concentrated curls for biceps. Need some twenty pounds weights because this girl is getting strong. Tricep kickbacks with french press for triceps. Some good core ab moves for good measure. Front raises with shrugs for shoulders. pec flys and kickbacks for chest and back. Squats and pile squats for the butt and legs along with leg lifts and stiff legged deadlifts. Finished off with some good ole fashion stretches. Takes me back to when I took ballet and tap as a child. I am sore as can be today and contemplating hitting the new gym. Maybe I should give my body a rest. Did 15 on the treadmill this morning. The bed felt too good and I didnt want to get out of it.
Laurie

chemlady
Sat, Feb-22-03, 06:53
Well yesterday proved to be a very good workout. I did 15 on the ellipital trainer this time which is up from ten and then on to the leg press, leg ext and leg curl . this time I did reverse on the weights and it felt good. I also did lower back and super pullover along with the hip ab/ad machine in which I did some static strips. I did lat pull down and abs both loading the weight on the first set. finished off with ten on the treadmill. I will have to go back and check were I am at as for inches lost but waist in now 32.75 and hips are 42. Legs are also down to 24.5 in the thigh and 15.5 in the calf. Under bust is just under 36 inches. Arms are also down 1/4 of an inch. I will have to recalculate my bodyfat monday on that macro I have a work. Hoping for 34. Today is going to be my free day after three continous days of putting my body through no stop lifting and cardio. I do have alot of errands and tonight I am going out for some fun.
L

chemlady
Mon, Feb-24-03, 13:24
Yesterday I did twenty on the treadmill first thing and I really didnt do much else. Today was incredible. I am down to 34% bodyfat. Yippee.....I did 15 on the elliptical trainer and then on to legs..upped the weight to 100 on the leg curl and 95 on the leg extension. I did three sets to failure on each machine dropping the weight 5-10down after each set. Then on to the leg press which was at 180/160/140 for three sets of twelve. I have been reading about the benefits of leg placement on the pad so I did a few things different. I want a killer teardrop muscle. Then on to the hip ab'/ad machine which is a killer on the inner thigh. Recommendation is dont wear short shorts on this one. You look like your open for business...I did the ab machine again stacking the weight to failure and holding at the top of the contraction. Burn baby burn is all I can say. Then it was lower back machine for three sets and super pullover for three sets and for good measure because I have a nice back, I do own a backless dress that I almost fit into. I did three sets on the lat machine, stacking the weight and to failure. Finished up with 15 on the treadmill. I feel so good and people are asking if I am losing more weight.
Laurie

chemlady
Tue, Feb-25-03, 13:52
Today was another great workout at the gym. I did upper body and also 10 on the ellipitical for a warmup. I also did 20 on the treadmill and 5 on the bike. Lats still sore from yesterdays workout when I held the weight at full extension for 30 seconds. So I went a little lite in that area but everything else got the treatment. I realize that this is starting to look less and less like bfl. Nat what are you doing to me. I am becoming obsessed with this shit. See what you started. I cant seem to get enough. Well have to go take my supplements and have some protein.
Laurie

Natrushka
Tue, Feb-25-03, 16:34
Well have to go take my supplements and have some protein.
Addict!! ;)

Sure beats the alternative, doesn't it?

Nat

ButterflyA
Tue, Feb-25-03, 16:49
:wave: I just wanted to stop in and say hello :)
And yes, it gets addictive. I'm only on week 3 of cycle 1 now, but if you had told me even two weeks ago that I'd go to the gym 6 days a week and LOVE it, I would have laughed!!! :)

chemlady
Wed, Feb-26-03, 09:38
This morning I did twenty on the treadmill bfl style. I am going to the gym today for another round of lower body. I have decided to incorporate another lower body in the weeks where this is only one because lets face it summers coming and Im obsessive at the moment. Its like a drug man and I need a fix,ha ha ha. Well seriously, its a wonderful sore feeling and the legs are starting to show the results and that makes it all worth it.
Laurie

chemlady
Wed, Feb-26-03, 13:45
The gym was wonderful as usual. I really love it there, I think anybody was right about the atomsphere making a real difference. anyway I did 15 on the ellipitical for a warmup and then on too leg ext and leg curl. weights are maxed at 100# and then dropped to 90 then 80. Leg press is still 180/160/140. Lower back machine at 100/90/80. Ab machine 85/75/70. Hip ab/ad at 100/90/80. Boy I can really feel that area. And my favorite machine the lat pull down 60/50/40. Finished off with 15 on the bike and I could feel the tightness in the hams. Took suppliments and plenty of protein afterward. Tommorrow I think I should take a day off. Maybe just some cardio will see. I been eyeing those barbells at the gym and thats next weeks challenge. Having a mirror lets you check out your form which I never considered. but yesterday I used it for tris and bis.
Laurie

Natrushka
Wed, Feb-26-03, 14:14
Laurie, one sign you've "crossed over" - mirrors are no longer things to be shunned or avoided. Just wait until you find yourself posing in front of one and actually liking what you see!

N

pinkcaddy
Fri, Feb-28-03, 07:21
Laurie....YOU DID IT!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU! I new you could do it....good for you. You are such a great example of doing everything right. I am so thrilled. This will put me in a great mood all day. YOU ARE AMAZING! :cheer:

chemlady
Fri, Feb-28-03, 08:14
Yes nat I do look in the mirror these days and with clothes on I like what I see of course still some fat that needs to go before I become a super model and look good in a bikini. Today i did 20 cardio this morning and plan on hitting the gym before lunch as long as time allows. My review is today and hoping for the most money possible.
L

Anybody
Fri, Feb-28-03, 08:26
Look at you!!! 194.5 holy smokes... thats an incredible profile update...

chemlady
Fri, Feb-28-03, 13:16
Yes i would like to take the credit all myself but there is someone who will remain nameless that has encouraged me and helped me out of the january slump i was in. I lost 12 pounds this month and its all thanks to him. Well mostly thanks to him...I wouldnt want him to get a big head or anything. Afterall I still sweated at the gym for it and stayed way lcarb all month.
Laurie

chemlady
Sat, Mar-01-03, 08:05
Just got thru with my twenty on the treadmill. 8 weeks of bfl done and good with that workout. Planning on measuring tommorrow. Lots of house work ahead for me today.
Laurie

chemlady
Sun, Mar-02-03, 07:47
Well 8 weeks are gone and I thought i would post some results to look back on on my journey to thinness. I often look back in my own journal and gym log to reflect on how far I have come. Especially at those times that I am of low spirits and need that extra boost to keep myself motivated. Feeling better today anyway. So here goes:
7/6/02 10/5/02 1/6/03 3/2/03
2 weeks of lc begin CH1 begin CH2 neck -------- 15 14.5 13.8 above bust ----- 40 39 37.75 bust 54 46 43 42 below bust -- --- 37.75 35.2 waist 52 39 35 32 hips 58 50 44 42 thigh 32 27.5 25.5 24.5 kknee 20.5 16.25 16.13 15 ccalf 18 16.5 16.25 15.5 ankle ---- 9 8.5 8.5 upper arm 16.5 14 12.75 12.25 I think this is pretty good results. I dont have the weights thou because that spreadsheet is on my computer at work. I have some areas that are really hard to budge like my calves but I am really happy with the waist and having the bust and hip the same. I am in proportion although I still have many inches to go.

chemlady
Sun, Mar-02-03, 07:48
I guess my posting skills could definitely use some helppppppppp
Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Mar-03-03, 10:06
Weight is down and looking good. Size 12's are loose and feeling good. I did 20 on the treadmill this morning even though i woke up late. I will be going to the gym in about a half hour because i have an iso meeting at the other building. my keyboard shit the bed this morning and i had to lasso that computer guy for a new one. Busy day but happy weight is moving in the right direction. Didnt eat much this weekend but i will make up for it today. lots a protein. I may not have the best workout because of my lack of eating on the weekend. Right now its unknown how i will do.
Laurie

Anybody
Mon, Mar-03-03, 10:09
Wow.. 193... damn girl... you've found your grooove. I suggest you keep doing whatever you are doing that you've added to your routine!!

:)

chemlady
Tue, Mar-04-03, 08:57
Today is a day of some serious sweating baby. I plan on hitting that gym and god knows when ill be done. I have so much energy today its incredible. I did 15 on the treadmill this morning just to get my heart pumping and it real seems to get me in gear everymorning. This exercise is infectious. Today i tackle the mirror and the barbell in the gym. I must be secure in my looks, whats going on with that. I love it. Details to follow.
L

chemlady
Tue, Mar-04-03, 13:33
the gym was awesome. Upper body focus on chest and shoulders. I did the compound row for the first time today. I think im in love. Started out with 10 on a different ellipital machine and got a harder workout from it. precor efx? i usually do the arctrainer. Did ten minutes on each. Biceps and triceps. It think i have muscles people. super pullover...vertical lift ..pec fly and front shoulder raises...killer. I feel invigorated and wonderfully strong today..
Laurie

chemlady
Wed, Mar-05-03, 12:50
Today i did lower body again or should i say legs legs and legs with some abs mixed in. This is where the problem lies so this is where the focus is.
Leg curl 95/90/85
leg ext 105/95/90
leg press 180/160/140
stiff legged dead lifts 15/12/10
squats 15/12/10
hip ad/ab 100/90/80
abs 95/90/85
Also did 10 on precor efx which burned 100 cals
5 on arc trainer which burned 55 cals
10 on bike to cool down.
this morning i did 15 on the treadmill bfl style. Yes it looks not like bfl but it works and thats the story here.

chemlady
Thu, Mar-06-03, 08:33
Well woke up late and running around so no cardio this morning but the gym is penciled in for lunch time and will focus on cardio with some arm work. Looked at my arm this morning and starting to see some definition. The boss said I looked real good this morning. I take that as a huge compliment from a guy whos wife is a size 6 and he thinks she needs to lose weight. He goes for that waif look I guess. Details to follow.

chemlady
Thu, Mar-06-03, 19:34
Well never got to the gym today. I did shovel at 3 and then went back out a 7:30 to clear what was left and make it look neat. Yes it snowed in new england and left work at 1:30 because the daycare was closing. So thats why no gym. Tommorrow is definite cardio with weights at lunch.

chemlady
Fri, Mar-07-03, 13:31
this morning i did 20 on the treadmill upon waking and I just got back from the gym. did 10 on the precor efx546 and then did just about every body part for 3 sets. Two different exercises per muscle group. Finished with 10 on the arctrainer. Since i did lower monday and upper teusday and legs, back and abs on wednesday i thought this would be a nice tie up for the week. Also did some floor crunches for those abs. I think tommorrow will just be some morning cardio and thats it.

Anybody
Fri, Mar-07-03, 14:14
Madame.. needs to clean out her PM's

chemlady
Fri, Mar-07-03, 17:50
I almost forget to say one thing. "I lost another pound" God i love this woe. Tommorrow i measure and hopeing for another % bodyfat to be gone. I will be that hot 40 something woman. no doubt.
Yes mr. sexy pants i cleaned out the pms. Your not the only one thats popular you know.
Laurie

chemlady
Sat, Mar-08-03, 07:48
"Well today i got up and did my twenty of the treadmill bfl style. Now is time to relax and have that first cup of coffee and go over the measurment changes.
neck was 14 and now 13.75
above bust was 37.75 and now 37
bust was 42 and now 41.5
under bust lost .25 inches
waist was 32 and now 31.5
hips were 42 and now 41.25
thigh was 24.5 and now 24 that ab/ad machine is the bomb.
calf also down a .25 inch yipee
All this in one week. can it be possible. 2 days lb and 1 ub with one day of everything mixed in. I guess it works. ...for me anyway. also lost a couple of pounds this week. I am very pleased with my results and i know that i lost another % bodyfat. thats one % a week dropping. Summer is coming..tank tops and mini skirts will definetely be on the venue. I also started doing some stretching today, yoga style. It felt sooo good. I was able to do a back bend up against the kitchen wall which amazed the kids.
Laurie

Anybody
Mon, Mar-10-03, 08:43
Well that was odd.

Congrats on 191! Your falling fast! :)

chemlady
Mon, Mar-10-03, 10:31
today is a gym day and hopeing to make that butt ever so smaller in the process. results to follow. down to 32% bodyfat.

chemlady
Mon, Mar-10-03, 13:32
lunges with 8/10/12 poun/d weights/
stiff legged d/adlifts with 8/10/12 # wts/
squats wit/h 8/10/12 # wts
leg press 160/180/200 to failure
leg ext 105/95/85 to failure
leg curl 95/85/80 to failure
hip ab/ad 90/80/70 boss came by and gave a smile..lets face it you look open for business
lower back 90/80/70 12reps each
lat pulldown 60/50/40 to failure
warm up was 10min on precor and cool down was 10 on arc trainer with resistance at 8 which is up from 5.
feeling very energized after the workout. Plan separate ab work out for tonight after moms party.
So far this challenge down 22 pounds gained 1 pound muscle and went from 39 to 32% bodyfat.Yippee

chemlady
Tue, Mar-11-03, 08:26
today i did 20 on the treadmill bfl style and thats it. Lost another pound and a half...yipee..

Akiwican
Tue, Mar-11-03, 08:45
Okay, I've gotta step up here and say congrats on the great work you have been doing here. I have been lurking for a while and thought I had better post before you disappear completely! ;) I see you just slipped under 190 lbs too... WOW! :thup:

Can I ask a question? Do you use Fitday to track your calories/carbs etc? If so, what is an average day for you?

:wave: Lesley

pinkcaddy
Tue, Mar-11-03, 10:44
All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS YOU ARE AWESOME! I don't check in for 10 days and you lose 10 pounds! At first I thought it was a typo! Good for you, you must feel like a completely new person physically and spiritually. Feel free to pass on any tips! I am so proud of you, I wasn't going to go to the gym today but now I definately am. You inspire me. Thank you for keeping on the journey to better health.
:D

chemlady
Wed, Mar-12-03, 10:35
Well today i did 20 on the treadmill this morning bfl style and I am going to the gym at lunch with the boss to do some upper body stuff.

Anybody
Wed, Mar-12-03, 10:59
Hope you have an awesome work out. :) Keep it up superwoman )

chemlady
Thu, Mar-13-03, 09:50
Well i dont think im superwoman but thanks for the compliment anybody. yesterdays workout could have been better. I just wasnt myself completely. Eating was way off and felt tired. Today is much better and feel good and strong after moving about 100 cylinders in the lab and tracking the inventory. Today i didnt have time for some cardio this morning so its the gym at lunch time and its lower body. Need to work those legs, I want that line you see on the inner thigh of thin women and not going to stop until i get it. As for my abs the six pack would be great but i would be happy with that vertical line on each side which is just the hint of definition. Since im short waisted i dont think alot of definition is really possible plus when I buy a shirt that is supposed to show off your abs it comes down alot longer than its supposed to. I was going to wear my pedometer today for work because the amount of walking has increased ten fold i think and want to figure out how many miles I am putting in in a day but forgot to grab it. Oh well theres always tommorrow.
Laurie

chemlady
Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:15
Well todays workout was great...started out on the precor for ten and then right into leg ext which i upped to 110# for the first set.
after three sets of reverse pyramiding I went on to the leg curl and again upped wt to 105#. Skipped the leg press today and finished off with deadlifts, lunges and squats and again raised the wts to 10/12/15. did some floor crunches all kinds for a killer burn and then 12 minutes on the bike for cool down. lost another half pound. Hopeing for more by friday.

chemlady
Thu, Mar-13-03, 21:00
Tonights workout was shoveling followed by plumbing repair in the cellar. Tell me again "why did i buy a house" Life would have been so much simpler without it.

chemlady
Fri, Mar-14-03, 11:38
This morning i did 15 on the treadmill. No time for more. Had to cancel gym plans today so I may be able to go to the y tommorrow or at the very least workout at home with the equipement i have. Luckily can do crunches anywhere.
Laurie

chemlady
Sat, Mar-15-03, 10:29
waist is 31...waist is 31...Im so happy..goal reached 2 weeks early. Not too many more inches to go there before those tight abs are mine baby. bust down to 41.25 from 41.5 and thats about it this week. Have to see if bodyfat dropped another % or not its going to be close.
Hopeing for a good scale on monday. I know dig "screw the scale I look good."
Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Mar-17-03, 09:07
Well yesterday my friends scale said 187 and sure enough this morning my moms scale was just the same. I feel so good and strong. Today I did 20 minutes on the treadmill bfl style and need to hit the gym today for some wt training. I have reached just about every measurement goal for this round of bfl and have exceeded the scale goal by three pounds and I have two weeks left. 18 weeks 3 days left to reach 155 and need to lose 1.74 pounds per week based on fitday calculations. I think im in pretty good shape but dont want to get over confident.
Laurie

Anybody
Mon, Mar-17-03, 09:09
You have every right in the world to be confident lady. ;)

chemlady
Mon, Mar-17-03, 14:55
Gym was great.
Precor for ten minutes
Leg curl 90/100/110 12 reps each
Leg press 160/180/200 -12 reps each
Lunges 10/12# -must work on form for this one.
squats 10/12/15 -12 reps each
Stiff legged dead lift 12/15 12 reps each
Hip ab/ad machine ad 80/90/100 and ab 95/100/105
galilieo ab machine 90/100/110 -12 reps each
Followed by 10 on bike for cool down.
Forgot a t-shirt and bought a core fitness one for five bucks. No excuses here not to workout. Also tried isopure blue raspberry for the first time. Very good.
I may actually work my arms tonight after supper at moms house, I guess we will see.
Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Mar-17-03, 14:56
And chris thanks for the compliment. I will make my goal with every effort in my being. tommorrow is another day.
Laurie

chemlady
Tue, Mar-18-03, 07:20
This morning i got in 15 on the treadmill bfl style and will be going to the gym around lunch to work that upper body of mine. Hamstrings are still tight from yesterdays workout...I know its those stiff legged dead lifts ...god i love them. no cellulite back there anymore. workout notes to be continued.
and another half pound lighter...can i keep my butt off the scale..probably not.
Laurie

chemlady
Tue, Mar-18-03, 13:06
/Todays workout:
10 minutes on arc trainer with resistance 8 incline 3.
Lower back machine 80/90/100 12 reps each
super pullover 50/60/70 12reps each
vertical chest 50/55/60 12/10/9
compound row 70/80/90 12reps each
front shoulder raises 8/10/12 12reps each
over head shoulder raises 8/10/12 12reps each
bicep curl 8/10/12 12reps each
Concentrated curl 8/10/12 12reps each
tricep kickback 8/10/12 12reps each
french press 16/20/24 12/9/8reps
finished off with 5 minutes on the precor efx trainer.
Scott my friend from work took me to the gym. Boss is still sick and sitting the gym out. Loading up on vitamin c as I type..and a good 35g protein at least. Today i think i have the blues alittle. Trying to stay positive but its not easy...have immersed myself in work so that i dont think about whats bothering me. Used my frustration at the gym to make myself work oh so much harder and feel real good physically right now...mentally i need a vacation.

pinkcaddy
Wed, Mar-19-03, 09:08
You sound a little stressed...work can do that to us. Try to take good care of your head...read motivational information and make time for alone time, and some fun! You are doing so great. Be true to yourself, everything else in life in temporary.

You need to pat yourself on the back for me! Remember, you have lots of 'fans' and support on this site. We are cheering you on.
:cheer:

Keep up the great progress! WOW!

chemlady
Wed, Mar-19-03, 10:37
thanks pink for the visit...today is a much better day for me. I feel so good today and it really shows...all this hard work is showing off and feeling good in that skin of mine. I have never looked so fit and beautiful...and im in my forties...wish i knew about atkins years ago...i guess living under a rock or something. Of course i still have a sore throat and a cold coming on but taking care and getting lots of rest and water...water..water. Eating well as usually and not doing much in the form of exercise for today...maybe some crunches tonight...body still sore from that ab/ad machine...and chest sore from that compound row...love those two machines alot. Have upped the lifting to four days a week...summer is coming and spring is almost here...no snow left anyway...actually can see my yard again...tulips and crocus cant be far behind. and the bode must look good at all costs.....My posture alone has improved immensely and the way i carry myself speaks confidence. Most be an upp day for leos or something ...because this lioness is roaring...
Laurie

chemlady
Thu, Mar-20-03, 08:35
This morning I did 20 minutes on the treadmill bfl style and will be going to the gym later for legs and abs along with some ellipital trainer action. More to follow.
Laurie

chemlady
Thu, Mar-20-03, 13:10
/workout:/
10 minute warmup on precor efx346
leg ext 95/100/105 to failure
leg curl 85/95/105 12 reps each
leg press 160/180 12reps each set machine very close.
stiff legged dead lifts 8/10/12 12each
pile squats 8/10/12 12/10/10 could really feel these babies
lunges 8/10 10reps each..form is coming along
galilieo ab machine 110/120 10reps each
nautilus ab machine 80/95 10reps each
floor crunches,reverse,obilque,frogleg,straightleg and a curl up leg lift??dont know current name but felt it....
ab/adductor mach ab 80/90/100 12reps each add 100/110/120
12reps each and a cool down on the bike for 7.5minutes
Not my best workout but not bad all and all
Laurie

chemlady
Fri, Mar-21-03, 08:00
The morning i got in 15 minutes on the treadmill but i will be going to the gym at lunch for some upper body wt lifting. workout to follow. Feel so energetic today and have lots of spring in my step.
Laurie

chemlady
Fri, Mar-21-03, 14:08
quick notes on today....gym was great as usually and always makes me feel like i can leap tall buildings in a single bound.
10min on precor trainer incline 10 resistance 1
lower back 80/90/100 12reps each
super pullover 50/60/70 12/10/8reps felt my abs with this one still a little sore from yesterdays intense crunch session
compound row 80/90/100 12reps each
lat pulldown 45/50/60 12/10/8reps with some static strips thrown in
vertical chest 50/60/70 12/10/8reps
pec fly 50/60 10/8reps started losing it here
side shoulder raises 50/60 10/8reps
front shoulder raises 10/12 12reps each
overhead shoulder raises 10/12 10reps each
started running out of time so did a few sets of bicep curls and some tricep kickbacks and overhead french press and then 10min on cybex arctrainer resistance 7 incline 2
arms do need more work and will be focused from now on..chest and back look real good.
May actually work those arms later tonight i guess we will see.

chemlady
Fri, Mar-21-03, 19:38
Well i did tell someone that I was only going to obsess about my body and exercise from now on and yes I think im there. I just finished working those flabby arms again. Actually there not all that flabby but they are not tight and toned either. I did tricep kickbacks 10# two sets and french press 20# 2sets and three different versions of a bicep curl with the 10# weights i have. Have to go to walmart this weekend and pick up some bigger wts so I can do more of this at home besides the gym...told you i was going to obsess. Tommorrow afternoon there is a big family function to attend were i will see many cousins...hey when your italian you know your 4th and 5th cousins and your related to just about everybody. Last function was in may and i weighed 300 so this ought to be interesting...saw my godmother tonight and she is so proud of me...saw her five weeks ago and she couldnt believe the difference in me in such a short time. Tommorrow i think just some bfl cardio and week 11 is done. One more week and its time to take some pictures.

chemlady
Sat, Mar-22-03, 09:21
Well all i can say is i am sore...did anybody get the number of that bus that hit me.....I want to sue....really those last two days workouts kicked a$$ and I can really feel those pile squats and that wonderful ab/ad machine..do you think if i sneak it out of the gym anyone would notice. My biceps ache also which is a good thing. I measured today even though the bloat of tom is present..sorry to be so graphic about this but us girls know what i mean. I actually lost more inches... I know i look in the mirror and cant believe its really me but the tape measure dont lie. I figure at this rate the 155 goal i have set for myself i should be a size 4 or something. The boobs and butt are still there and will define my shape no matter what so thats okay. The legs need many hours of work to look sexy and will continue to be focused in the gym as well as those arms and abs...Hey do you realize that now not every area of my body is a problem area anymore.

I looked back at my first challenge which i only completed 7 weeks and then i had that awful flood in the basement. I really cant say it was awful because i netted $10,000 dollars from it and i have money to do many things to fix up the place..and it really needs the attention. Back to challenge one results..

bust was 46 and then was 44 after 7 weeks
hips were 50 and then were 45 after 7 weeks
waist was 39 and then was 35.75 after 7 weeks

in the interim i just lcd and did the treadmill faithfully

Now this challenge 2
bust was 43 and now 40
waist was 35 and now 30.5
hips were 44 and now 40.5

I wonder if there is anyway to graph this and predict the results on the next challenge..well there is always excel so when i go to work monday i will have to see about playing around with these numbers to see. I am a scientist dont you know.

I set predictions on my weight back in july and i am happy to say that i am 22 pounds ahead of schedule. I also reset goals in october based on the results i was getting and they were agressive goals for me and although i fell short in january I made up for it in febuary and i am right on schedule in fact i have to lose only one more pound this month to make my predictions.
I also set size predictions for myself and i am ahead by one size. I based my predictions on what happened 7-8 years ago when i did a lowfat diet and alot of walking. I actally have more muscle this time and its all do to bfl and nautilus therefore one size smaller.
I didnt do the cardio this morning because i am so sore but will use today as my free day and do it tommorrow with some crunches...oh no mr bill im obsessing again......

chemlady
Sun, Mar-23-03, 18:18
Today was somewhat of a lazy day for me. I did my twenty on the treadmill this morning and although the yard needs some work i decided to do something fun with the kids. After the ritual of walmart and my protein bars and shakes we went to the movies and say agent cody banks which wasnt all that bad..Took the little girl who lives across the street with us..her mom died last year and i have tried to be somewhat of a role model for her and let her know i am here for her if she needs a girl to talk to...Sometimes you dont realize how lucky you are when you have your health. I will be doing the crunches in a few ...Tommorrow is a gym day and still have more research on new and exciting exercises to shake up my routine.
Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Mar-24-03, 09:49
This morning i did 15 on the treadmill bfl style and have plans to hit the gym at lunch time. Didnt do any crunches yesterday but will focus on legs and abs today at the gym. Bodyfat down again and 30...29 is not far behind. Weight also down.
Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Mar-24-03, 13:08
god its beautiful outside today. Yes of course i went to the gym...im obsessive about this now.
todays workout:
10 minutes on precor trainer with resistance 8 incline 2
2 sets of each with varying wts
Lunges
rear lunges
squats
pile squats
stiff legged dead lifts

Lunge form much better and after reading an article in oxygen on free weights being the key to sleek strong legs have decided to focus on these exercises for a while with some nautilus machines mixed in.

Leg curl 2 sets each of 12reps of 105/95#
ab/ad machine ab 4 sets of 12 at 90/100
ad 3 sets of 12 at 90/100/110

ab machines both nautilus and galilieo at 2 sets each with 90/100 on the galilieo and 95/80 on the nautilus. finished with lots of floor crunches...obilique,frog,reverse,straight leg, bent knee..very intense to say the least.
cool down: 10minutes on the bike.

Tommorrow is upper body and cardio.

chemlady
Tue, Mar-25-03, 07:33
I was able to get in 16minutes this morning on the treadmill bfl style and plan on hitting the gym at lunch for some upper body with emphasis on arms....

Those size 10 jeans are already getting loose in the waist...Its really depressing when your tightest pair of jeans is not all that tight and there not even two weeks old...god I love it!!!!!

And i still have this lingering cold..damn it...gotta go time for coffee...

more to follow..
Laurie

chemlady
Tue, Mar-25-03, 14:15
"Todays upper body..focus arms and shoulders

10 minutes arctrainer resistance 10 incline 2
bicep curl 10/15/20 12reps each
concentrated curl 10/15 12each
tricep kickback 10/15 12reps each
french press 10/15/20 12reps each
shoulder shrugs 10/15 12reps each
vertical shoulder 10/15 12reps each
front shoulder raises 10/15 12reps each
side shoulder raises 10# 10reps each
compound row 85/95/105 12reps each...works your bicep as well
vertical chest 50/55/60 12/12/10reps ...works tricep as well
lower back 80/90/105 12reps each
lat pulldown 45/50/55 12/12/10reps each
finish up with 5 minutes on the bike.....

not a bad workout in all...trying to maximize my time at the gym with some effective workouts that will generate compacting of the muscle...went at shoulders from all directions..still need more bicep and tricep moves..must check exrx.net for some ideas....

This bitch isnt skinny enough for her own good yet....the size eights are calling me as well as a 34bra and medium tops....

I think tommorrow i will be doing some stretching...
L

chemlady
Wed, Mar-26-03, 08:46
Today i will be doing some stretching tonight and some crunches for the lower ponch....i guess thats what happens when you have kids...actually my lower belly doesnt look all that bad but i want to see the apollo(lower belly muscle outline) its called something like that...hey if janet jackson can see hers then i want to see mine. Wearing a medium top today...yipee
Okay back to work for me..boss is being a little pain in the rear today..and he was an hour late for work....in my steve martin voice....EXCUSE ME!!!

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!
laurie

chemlady
Thu, Mar-27-03, 07:57
This morning i did twenty of the treadmill bfl style and will be going to the gym for lower body around lunch time...more notes to follow. Last night went shopping the mall so that was my exercise...hey i had heels on ...god i love victoria secrets....
Lau

chemlady
Thu, Mar-27-03, 13:56
Okay im back from the gym and just finished my protein intake as well...40g about.
workout as follows:
10 minutes on precor trainer at resistance 1 incline 10
lunges 5/8# 10 reps each and each leg
side lunges with the same wts for 10 reps each side each...i can feel that back of my butt where it attaches to the hams the whole time...going to be sore tommorrow...yes
stiff legged dead lifts 8/10/12 12reps each
squats 8/10 12 reps each
pile squats 16/20 10 reps each
leg press 160/180/200 12reps each
leg ext. 105/95/85 12reps each
ab/ad machine
ab 110/120 4 sets, 2 each with 12reps
ad 110/100 4sets , 2 each with 12 reps...getting better at this...hopeing for sexy inner thighs..not just strong
ab machine nautilus 90/80 12reps each
ab machine galilieo 90/80 12reps each
floor crunches including obilique, reverse, bent knee and straight leg
5 minute cool down on bike.....

I dont think i had the pump i usually have but still doing research on adding some carbs here and there...dont want to stop the weight from falling off ..now do i.

chemlady
Fri, Mar-28-03, 10:11
damn these R&D meetings are wicked long...dont they know i have to do some posting today...
this morning i got in 15 on the treadmill bfl style and plan on hitting the gym this afternoon for some upper body...
back to work for me guys...be back later

chemlady
Fri, Mar-28-03, 14:22
Todays workout:
cybex arctrainer 10min on resistance 10 incline 3
super pullover 55/60/65 12reps each
compound row 80/90/100 12reps each
vertical chest 50/55/60 12/11/8reps
chest fly 8/10 12reps each
shoulder shrugs 10/12 12reps each
front shoulder raises 8/10/12 12reps each
overhead shoulder raises 8/10 12reps each
bicep curl 10/12/15 12rep each
concentrated curl 8/10/12 12reps each
tricep curl 8/10 12reps each
french press 10/15 12reps each
tricep kickback 8/10 12reps each
10minute cool down on the bike.
I actually had a good workout and feel so invigorated now...didnt run out of gas like usually..whats up with that....

The weekend is almost here people and need to have so serious fun...later
Laurie

chemlady
Sat, Mar-29-03, 11:52
Okay try wearing 31/2 inch heels all night and never sit down and dance your booty off. the dogs are tired today and are resting from the treadmill. challenge over..measurements will be posted tommorrow. I do have my two inch heel boots on today and i will do some mall shopping so that will be my exercise for today. Tommorrow we start the Mischa Challenge
and all out attempt to capture the perfect bode...the jlo butt and the janet jackson abs...my reward thats easy...bikini baby.....

Later
laurie

chemlady
Sat, Mar-29-03, 21:09
Okay so i got in a few crunches I just couldnt help it...Looking forward to tommorrow and pictures..I bought a disposable camera for pictures and ashleys tournament. Hopefully cvs will being doing the one hour thing...actually took some pictures the other night with the camera but there was only two left and hopeing for a decent shot..ya right...still way to much of me...
Laurie

chemlady
Sun, Mar-30-03, 09:43
Well its the end of challenge 2 and results were good. I lost 27 pounds and gained 1 pound muscle. I went from 39% to 30% bodyfat. All measurements improved..some more than others
Neck 14.5 to 13.5
above bust 39 to 36.5
bust 43 to 40
under bust 38 to 35
waist 35 to 30.5
hips 44 to 40.5
thigh 25.5 to 24
knee 16 1/8 to 15
calf 16.25 to 15
ankle 8.5 to 8.25
upper arm 12.75 to 12.25
wrist and lower arm no change....

Total inches lost is 22 1/8 inches

Planning on creating a new routine and I will start cardio kick boxing in three weeks at the ymca with my daughter. I am happy with myself but since now im obsessive like you nat well maybe not as bad but definitely bitten by the exercise bug big time...I want to do all kinds of things...bike riding, rollerblading, swimming...etc...........

chemlady
Mon, Mar-31-03, 07:41
Okay this morning i did 16 on the treadmill bfl style. Will be hitting the gym at lunch and then will do abs separately 3x a week at home...some serious crunches...I have a tape Im going to use along with just the usually grab bag of crunches and whatever else I can find to work those babies. Lunch workout will be legs,glutes,calves and back. More to follow later and yes the scale is down once again., Yipeeeeeeeeeeee...........
Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Mar-31-03, 14:33
Okay i did what i could but not enough time for an all out intense workout of all body parts therefore worked legs,glutes and back and will do some single leg calf raises tonight after supper along with the ab stuff and found a mag with new ab moves while pedaling the bike for my cooldown.

10 minutes on precor ellipitical trainer at incline 2 resistance 10
lunges 8/10# 12reps each
side lunges 10/12# 12reps each..each side
plie squats 8/10/12 12reps each
stiff legged dead lifts 8/10/12 12reps each
step ups 12# 12reps each side
leg curl 85/95/105 12reps each
lower back machine 85/95/105 12reps each
super pullover 55/65/75 12/12/9reps
ab/ad machine ab 110/120 2sets each of 12 reps
ad 100/110 2sets of 12 reps each for a total of 4sets
10minute cooldown on the bike

I feel so good and the energy is zooming.
Laurie

chemlady
Tue, Apr-01-03, 08:12
this morning i did 16 on the treadmill bfl style and 5 solid minutes of crunches...never did them last night. Last night was grocery night and had those lovely pictures to post to show what i really look like today and got brave enough to show all the fat i was carrying around 8 months ago. The scale was good to me both last night and this morning and hey i might be in the 170's soon...who knows.

Gym planned for around lunch working shouders,chest,bicep and triceps to be worked along with some cardio warmup thrown in.

later
Laurie

chemlady
Tue, Apr-01-03, 13:36
Todays Workout:
10 minute warmup on cybex arctrainer at resistance 12 incline2
shoulders:
Arnold press 8/10/12 12reps each
upright row 8/10/12 12reps each
front raises 8/10/12 12reps each
Chest:
Dumbell fly 8/10 12reps each
Dumbell bench press 8/10 12reps each
Dumbell pullover 8/10 12reps each
Vertical chest 70/60/50 6/8/10reps actually to failure
Biceps:
Dumbell curl 8/10/12 12reps each
Concentrated Curl 10/12/15 12reps each
Triceps:
Tricep Kickback 8/10/12 12reps each
Dumbell Tricep Extension 12/15 12reps each
Tricep Cable pushdown 40/35 9/12reps each actually to failure.

Tried some new exercises and feeling the sore already in bicep, shoulder and chest...oh baby...love that good feeling.

Also tried the standing calf raise machine for a few sets at 50/40#.I feel those babies tommorrow i think.
Cooldown was 5 minutes on the bike.
Tonight there is no planned exercise but you never know with me!

chemlady
Wed, Apr-02-03, 08:40
Last night i went shopping for more protein bars while ash was in acrobat lessons and then came back and sent some posts to some newbies and some well wishes here...YOu guys are the best. Tonight i am taking the kids to the y for some swimming and i will be doing that ab tape of mine called super stomach with joanie gregan. You should see this old broad..what a bode. Wade my new mentor told me about some new moves for the obiliques so i will be incorporating as the week goes on and maybe some serious stretching after everything just to improve my flexibility. Actually a lite day for me...well i could do laps while im in the pool..who knows...last time i stepped in this pool was in my size 18 bathing suit. Tonights is size 10 and oh so sexy. Will post later if time allows.
laurie

Anybody
Wed, Apr-02-03, 09:08
*chuckle* Laurie.. sexy... ..I'm shocked.... not :)

chemlady
Wed, Apr-02-03, 10:37
Yeah chris the preppie or straight laced look was never in my wardrobe...one look and you know where im coming from. I am a true leo...hair must look good all the time and clothes do make the women dont ya know..even in a business suit i look feminine. Feeling delicious today....size 11/12 junior black pants and looking oh so good. Last week they were skin tight..but not anymore...this week they fit. I love it.
Laurie

deze
Wed, Apr-02-03, 15:46
youre a Leo??? this explains EVERYTHING!!! :devil:

chemlady
Thu, Apr-03-03, 08:28
Yes i am the fire sign for a reason..dont ya know.'

Now I did the treadmill for 15 this morning bfl style and plan on hitting the gym at lunch time. more details to follow...LBWO today

Laurie

Oh yeah one more thing 181.5

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Laurie

chemlady
Fri, Apr-04-03, 08:22
I feel so skinny today.........i just had to say that. yesterdays workout was killer and legs and butt are nice and sore today. Wade was right about those lunges i did using a step..i could feel them while i did it never mind the sore today. I didnt have time to post the workout in detail so a quick recap is that i did 10 on the ellipitical at a higher incline and resistance to burn 110calories and then stiff legged dead lifts, step up lunges,squats,plie'squates,leg curl and leg ext were done in reverse weights to failure along with added wts on the ab/ad machine as well. floor crunches galore so that upper abs are sore as well and 10 mins on the bike for a cooldown...legs were like jello afterward and nice and sore as i said before.

Today i got up late because i went to bed late and did no cardio but the gym at lunch is a must for some upper body and must squeeze in some back exercises because i didnt do them with the legs yesterday because the abs didnt get done on wednesday. Wade also suggested i train the abs everyday and gave me alot of lower ab ideas to do...he told me to not use weights because you dont want to build muscle there and do high reps and train every day for the six pack...hey hes got a six pack so he knows and who am i too question i guy jacked to the max. Im going to shoot for five days of ab training a week and try to stick to it with everything else oh yeah and told me to use a stick for some plyometric exercise for the obiliques. I really liked picking his brain and will continue...hes just a phone call away.

chemlady
Fri, Apr-04-03, 15:30
Todays workout:

10 minutes on the ellipitical in a cross training program, 113calories burned.
upright rows 8/10/12 12reps each
arnold press 8/10/12 12reps each
tricep kickback 8/10/12 12reps each
pec fly 8/10 12reps each
compound row 80/90 12reps each
vertical chest 50/55 12/8 reps
preacher curl 8/10 12rep each
concentrated curl 10/12 12/10reps
cable tricep pulldown 30/40 12/9reps
another exercise for the back and pecs that i dont know the name of with 8/10 12reps each....i forgot the name..my go to exrx.net for more info.

cool down was five minutes on the bike.

Workout was okay but could have been better.
laurie

chemlady
Sat, Apr-05-03, 21:01
Tonight I did ten minutes on the treadmill followed by some leg and ab moves...not a whole lot but something and finished with some stretches...I think i need to buy a pilates tape and do that either that or a yoga tape just to work on elongating the muscles and improving flexability.

Hope all have a good night.
Laurie

chemlady
Sun, Apr-06-03, 10:37
This morning i only got 12minutes on the treadmill before ashleys teacher called and wanted to set up a parent/teacher conference for thursday night. I guess tonight i will do another ten or fifteen to balance out and add some more activity for burning the fat. I will be doing some ab moves today as well...I am getting so obsessive. Billy wants to go outside and play with the neighbors kid so must get going and I think i wash the car inside and out while im out there...its sunny but chilly today. Good day for some outside fun and maybe a bike ride.

Have a great day everyone.
Later,
Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Apr-07-03, 06:35
Yesterday i rake the lawn, cleaned the gutters and vacuumed the car but that was it for activity.

This morning i did twenty of the treadmill bfl style and will be going to the gym at lunch for some lower body. New routine planned and still have to call joy about going to the other gym for some new ideas. After reading some of sam59 journal i have been making added trips up and down the cellar stairs to do the laundry..hey every little bit helps.
Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Apr-07-03, 12:43
Todays workout:

10 minutes on precor efx346 arctrainer with incline 10 resistance 3.

step up lunges 5/8/10pounds at 10/8/6reps
plie squats 8/10 12reps each
squats 8/10/12 12reps each
stiff legged deadlifts 8/10/12 12reps each
leg ext 80/90/100 10/9/8reps
leg curl 85/95/105 12/10/8reps
leg press 150/170/190 12reps each
leg ab/ad ab 105/115/125 12/10/9reps ad 100/110/120 12/10/8reps
floor crunches
straight leg 20
bent knee 20
frog leg 20
oblique crunches 60..30each side
reverse curl 20
reverse crunch 20
bent knee with feet in air 20...hell i dont know the names of some just watched other people do them and copied.

cool down five minutes on the bike.

chemlady
Mon, Apr-07-03, 20:18
Tonight i did twenty minutes and 6miles on the stationary bike tonight and feel real good. I need to buy a pilates tape..damn that mischa she really put a fire under my butt and i want to do more and more and more..course wade coming in three weeks might have alittle to do with it. No i think its summer and mischa making me do just that little bit more...im losing a % bodyfat almost every week..its so great....not much further and then maintenance......im right behind you nat...thanks for making me obsessive...i love it and my body these days...its so great....lost two inches off my waist in the last month...its great.

well until tommorrow.

Laurie

Yesican
Tue, Apr-08-03, 06:27
Looking good!
:thup:

chemlady
Tue, Apr-08-03, 13:24
Today workout was different from my usual

Started out with 10min on the cybex arctrainer resistance 12 incline 4
then did the lifts bfl style
back
supper pullover
60X12
65X10
70X8
75X6
60X12
finisher was compound row 95X12

Chest
vertical chest
50X12
55X10
60X8
65X6
50X12
finisher: pec fly 50X12

Shoulders
Arnold press
5X12
8X10
10X8
12X6
5X12
finisher: Upright row 12x12

Biceps
Hammer curls
8X12
10X10
12X8
15X6
8X12
finisher: preacher 12X12

Tricep

Overhead press
10x12
12x10
15x8
20x6
10x12
finisher: tricep kickback 12x12

Cool down was crunches and leg lifts for the abs.....about 100+ all together..all kinds

chemlady
Wed, Apr-09-03, 09:48
This morning i did twenty two minutes on the bike and 7 miles...and im thinking of going to the gym....I have been doing exercises for the obliques while working in the lab...over 100 so far. I need to be toned and in perfect shape....not many weeks left for summer and abs need a wake up call as well as legs..although i have to say that when i touch my leg it is starting to feel hard...oh my..whats going on....I will have a hard body this summer.....

Laurie

chemlady
Wed, Apr-09-03, 14:20
Todays workout:

started right in with no warm up this time...had 20carbs 45mins before workout
QUADS:

Plie' squat
8/12# 12reps each
Squat
10/15# 12reps each
Step up lunges
5/8/10# 8reps each

HAMS

Stiff legged dead lifts
8/10/12/15# 12reps each

Leg curl
80/90/100# 10/8/8reps

100 crunches including straightleg,bentknee ankle crossed in air, reverse,bent knee and roll up

AB/AD machine
ad 110# 2sets of 12reps
ab 120# 2sets of 12reps

finished with fifteen minutes on the precor efx546 trainer at incline 8 resistance 4 for 160 calories burned

Feeling sore and good...need more lglutamine for sure.

Tonight who knows what i will do for more exercise!!!!

Laurie

this week five day lifting...will be bikini ready for sure....

Anybody
Wed, Apr-09-03, 16:46
181... go baby go. :) Your kicking much ass.

deze
Wed, Apr-09-03, 19:01
just out of curiousity, what are you eating for carbs laur?
or are you doing 40/30/30 or something?

I'm going to change my eating for this next 4 weeks coming up.. have been doing 40Protein and 30/30 with the other, but man I feel bigger!!!

first round I stuck to between 1500-1800 cal and lower carbs and it seemed to work okay. Feeling impatient righ now! :mad:

later gater!
j

chemlady
Wed, Apr-09-03, 21:28
Tonight i walked the mall and i bought ashley and billy spring clothes and myself lingerie...who will see it on me is uncertain....I love purple...its my favorite color...and victoria secrets too boot...oh la la....yes i fit in the store and damn proud of it...if it wasnt for these damn big boobs i could have bought the medium....and thanks anybody...i missed you......and my ass is getting nice and small. Deze you are something girl...all have a good night...im hitting the hay as they say.....

Until tommorrows workout
Laurie

chemlady
Thu, Apr-10-03, 12:50
This morning i did ten minutes on the treadmill and thats it..ran outta time.

gym workout:
10 mins on precor efx 546 at incline 8 resistance 3 114cals burned

shoulders
upright row
8X12
10X10
12X8
15X6
8X12
finisher arnold press 12x12

biceps
hammer curls
8x12
10x10
12x8
15x6
10x12
finisher concentrated curl 10x12

Triceps
tricep kickback
8x12
10x10
12x8
15x6
8x12
finisher tricep extension 20x12

Chest
vertical chest
50x12
55x10
60x8

Muscles still sore so quit here..will do abs tonight and back with legs tommorrow.

cool down 10minutes on bike

chemlady
Thu, Apr-10-03, 20:33
"Tonight i did ten minutes on the bike...3miles and then 12 minutes on the treadmill...decided to take a break on the crunches..three days in a row and can do friday and saturday to make the five day commitment.

good night

Laurie

chemlady
Fri, Apr-11-03, 09:40
This morning i did twenty on the treadmill bfl style and will be going to the gym for some lower body in a while....

Later
Laurie

chemlady
Fri, Apr-11-03, 13:28
Todays workout
10 min warmup precor resistance 3 incline8 112calories

quads
step up lunges
8/10# 10 reps each side
side lunges 1- reps with 8#
plie squats
10/15# 12reps each
forgot to due leg exts..what was i thinking

hams
stuff kegged dead lifts
10/12/15 12reps each
leg curl
80/90/100 12/12/10reps
ab/ad ad 100/110 2sets of 12 reps
ab 110/120 2sets of 12 reps
Back

lat pull down
30/40/50 12/12/6reps
lower back machine
80/90/100 12/12/10reps

140assorted crunches
4 min cool down on bike

chemlady
Sat, Apr-12-03, 12:25
Just did twenty minutes/6 miles on the stationary bike and still have to do crunches later...may also do some bicep and tricep work with the 8 and 10 pound weights i have at home..if theres time...still need to drink alot of water...and more housework.

Laurie

chemlady
Sun, Apr-13-03, 08:04
Today i did 15minutes on the treadmill bfl style and im wearing ankle weights for housework and some leg lifts and such...didnt do crunches yesterday so have to do today for my five day commitment...also need to do more yard work...yuk...well maybe not...need to get some new leg exercises...getting bored with my ham exercises and need to shake up the bode...still need to measure....some areas...down to 39 in bust and hips as of yesterday also thigh is down...it should be with all this work..lemme tell ya. Maybe i should use that exercise ball i bought for some core work today...we will see.

Have a great sunday..so much for a day off.

Laurie

chemlady
Sun, Apr-13-03, 17:26
wore the ankle weights for three hours and alotta up and down stairs for laundry...did 100 of assorted crunches and rode the bike for 10 minutes...went to the beach and walked on the beach and the rocks for about an hour. went to walmart for supplements and protein bars and thats it so far..but might do ten on the treadmill tonight for that metabolism boost.

Laurie

chemlady
Sun, Apr-13-03, 19:56
Tommorrow i begin week 3 of challenge 3 and will be again doing five days of lifting at the gym. Did alot last week and the butt is looking good...actually bought a thong yesterday and tried on tonight and looks oh la la. I am getting a herbal body wrap thursday night to cleanse and purify the skin as well as tighten the skin...Im worth it and officially a size ten even in dress pants...one more size to drop and then on to hard body training.

I will make my goal by my birthday..damn it!

Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Apr-14-03, 09:31
This morning i did 15 minutes on the treadmill bfl style and going to the gym...yes yes...

Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Apr-14-03, 18:47
Well today i did go to the gym but the workout was masked by thoughts of wade and seeing him real soon. I did 10minutes on the cybex ellipitical trainer for 112calories

then i did quads

Plie squats
12/15/20# 12reps each
leg extension 80/90/100 12/12/10reps

Hams
stiff legged dead lifts
12/15/20# 12reps each
leg curl 80/90/100 12/12/10reps

10 minutes cool down on bike.

I know it was not my best but i was very distracted with thoughts of wade...oh my.

Anybody
Tue, Apr-15-03, 07:45
Morning Laurie.. almost killed myself at the gym this morning..

just added 5lbs to my max for leg press.. and well.. only could do 4... then had to call for help to get the damn weights off of me... talk about a humbling experience...

chemlady
Tue, Apr-15-03, 14:03
Chris be careful you can really hurt yourself as yesican she did about a week back or so.

Well this morning i didnt do a thing..alot of tossing and turning all night and felt tired but this afternoon i got a good workout in and it is as follows:

Upper body
shoulders
arnold press
8x12
10x10
12x8
15x6
12x12
finisher upright row 12x12

bicep
hammer curls
12x8
10x10
8x12
6x15
10x12
finisher concentrated curl 12x12

tricep
overhead extension
10x12
12x10
15x8
20x6
10x12
finisher tricep cable pulldown 30x12

back
super pullover 65/75 12reps each
compound row 95/105 12reps each
lat pull down wide 30/40 12/10reps

chest
pec fly 50/55 12/10reps
vertical chest 50/55 12/10reps

160 assorted crunches

had a short 5min warmup on cybex arctrainer.

Laurie

chemlady
Wed, Apr-16-03, 07:39
Well i was up until 1am on the phone with wade and didnt make this morning cardio but will do some treadmill or bike action tonight after shopping..need to buy something new for my adventure with wade...still going to the gym at lunch for a intense lower body experience as well as ab workout..more to follow...

Laurie

chemlady
Wed, Apr-16-03, 12:59
todays workout:
warm up 10 minutes on precor ellipitical incline 9 resistance 3 for 112calories

quads
plie squats
10/12/15#...12reps each
squats
10/12/15#....12reps each
side to side lunges
8/10#......12reps..6each side
step up lunges
8/10#...10reps each
leg extension
80/85#.....12reps each
leg press
180/190#....12reps each...did this more than shoulder width apart with toes pointed out..supposed to work butt,quad and hams and really felt the burn.

hams
One legged dead lifts
8# 8reps each side
stiff legged dead lifts
10/12/15#...12reps each
leg curl
80/90/100#...12reps each

did 130 assorted crunches and then on to ab/ad machine for
ab 130/140#...12reps each
ad 110/120#....12reps each

cool down is 5 minutes on the bike...also did some stretches after the ab workout of the core muscles and leg muscles.

Legs are jello and lovinit.

Laurie

chemlady
Thu, Apr-17-03, 08:20
well quads are still a little sore from yesterday and i think tonight after the herbal body wrap at the salon i will be doing some old fashion leg lifts and stretches....no weights needed..just keep the muscle challenged. I did twenty minutes on the treadmill bfl style this morning and plan on hitting the gym for some upper body action at lunch. Oh yeah changed the stat to read 179 because thats what i weighed at the gym yesterday...

Laurie

chemlady
Thu, Apr-17-03, 14:27
Well other than the sauna going on in my journal i have given my all at the gym...what a good sweat...course there are better ways to sweat...

workout
10min warmup on precor ellipitical at incline 9 resistance 4 for 112 calories

back
bent over one arm row
8x12
10x12
12x10
15x10
10x12
finisher lat pulldown widespread 35x12

chest
dumb bell pec fly
8x12
10x12
12x10
15x8
8x12
finisher vertical chest 55x12

shoulders
bent over fly
8x12
10x8
front shoulder raises
10x12
12x10
upright row
10x12
12x12
15x12

triceps
french press
10x15
12x12
15x12
20x12
10x15
finisher tricep cable pulldown 35x12

biceps
hammer curls
10x12
12x12
15x12
can do more but not 20 yet
preacher curls
10x12
12x12
15x10

cool down was 175 assorted crunches and ab exercises. A very good workout and happy with my increase in strength.

Laurie

chemlady
Fri, Apr-18-03, 06:45
Well i hopped on the scale this morning and lost another pound...its a wonderful thing just before tom. this morning i did 15 minutes on the treadmill bfl style and will be going to the gym this afternoon for legs and abs.

Have a wonderful friday.

Laurie

chemlady
Fri, Apr-18-03, 13:21
Todays Workout:

7minute warmup on precor

quads
squats
10x12
12x12
15x12
plie squats
20x12
24x12
30x12
side to side lunges 8# 8each side
step up lunges 8/10 # 10/8reps each side
Hams
stiff legged dead lifts
8x12
10x12
12x12
15x12
8x12
finisher leg curl 80/90/105 12/10/10reps

ab/ad machine
ab 130/140 12reps and 2sets each
ad 120/130 12/8reps and 2sets each

cooldown...200assorted crunches...at a slower pace to really feel the muscles working.

chemlady
Sun, Apr-20-03, 14:04
This morning i did 25minutes on the treadmill and plan on doing the bike later....man that cardio was great last night...details to follow later.

chemlady
Mon, Apr-21-03, 09:09
Missed this mornin cardio but plan on hitting the gym at lunch and some treadmill tonight......gotta check my macro for body fat...may have gone down a point...no scale today...tom is eminent ...damn it.

Laurie

deze
Mon, Apr-21-03, 11:25
TOM... of all times hey? the bugger!!

thanks for the coming to my gym! ;) I think I'll just follow along with what you are doing.. girl, I would never ever fit size 6!! I'm hoping for 8... currently have one pair of Gap size 8's that fit but are tighter than I like to wear.. I am frickin determined to hit 8 by the end of this challenge..... The thing I hate is when people say "youre not fat"... its not that, you know, everyone has their own fitness goals... to get into 8 is a measurable goal, and to burn down to that size with weights and building muscle is realistic.. to diet and get skinny to do it is not.. people just dont get it.

oh well.... hope you have some more great cardio sessions with your personal trainer! He sounds really fun and has come into your life at an absolutely perfect time.. you have attracted him cuz your in your power girl and shining bright!! Good score!! ;)

xo
j

chemlady
Thu, Apr-24-03, 07:30
Well i got in 30 minutes on the treadmill monday night but thats been it all week. Its back to the gym and grind for me today. Today is three months exactly from my birthday and need to get refocused and back into the groove of working out.

Laurie

deze
Thu, Apr-24-03, 09:19
I'm sure the days missed in the gym were made up with 'happy' endorphins!! I'm sure all the excitement burned calories.. I always lose weight when first in love... wish I could keep it going!!!

chemlady
Fri, Apr-25-03, 11:08
did 15minutes on the treadmill this morning and going to the gym in a few minutes. goin work these legs and butt and abs to the max....

chemlady
Fri, Apr-25-03, 13:08
Todays workout:

10 minute warm up on precor ellipitical at resistance 4 incline9 and then 20 for last two minutes for a total of 116.5 calories

QUADS

squats
10x12
12x12
15x12
plie squats
15x12
20x12
25x12
leg extension
85x12
95x10

Hams
stiff legged dead lifts
10x12
12x12
15x12
20x12
leg curl
85x12
95x12
105x10

ab/ad machine
ad 110/120 2sets of 12reps each
ab 120/130/140/150 20/20/12/12reps

180 assorted crunches

10 minutes on treadmill at 4.0mph at 5%incline for 105calories

Next week begins full body blastsx3aweek and the other two days will be 30cardio sessions as well as 3x20 morning cardio sessions and maybe some added sessions at night if time allows. Its all about losing fat and keeping the muscle i have. Diet will be changing to low fat and low carb with plenty of protein and calories will be in the range of 1500 to 1800 per day. I will hold to this for three solid weeks at which point i will reevaluate and see if this is good for me and if changes are happening.

deze
Fri, Apr-25-03, 21:06
Hey Laur,
I'm curious about this new blast you are gonna do. Did you get any insights from Wade on fat burning? What does he do?

I am beginning to crave more cardio actually.. and am wondering if I do more cardio and the same amount of weights, I will be basically eating into my muscles with the cardio.. but, even with doing that, I will still have significant muscle, but burn more fat.. I'm trying to figure this one out.. kinda caught in the middle of different theories and not sure. My goal is fat burn and be ripped.. this cant really happen all at once, but I think I can look more ripped if I burn off the fat I have now.

Any thoughts? (does that make sense?) :confused:

pulling a homer simpson!

;)

j

chemlady
Sat, Apr-26-03, 20:20
I ran alot of errands today and thats about all the exercise i got....tommorrow i begin fat reduction big time....

J, I think upping the carbs will help with not eating away the muscle....going to add oatmeal in the morning that way ya know its burned for sure...keeping the last meal of the day as protein and veggies....lots of water..hopeing this works....I look at it this way....any magazine you pick up about fitness and muscles...you get the idea that these women and men dont follow the atkins diet at all but instead a lowfat...lowcarb...high protein train of thought...of course theres no slacking on the exercises at all...once youve eaten the carbs you must work your butt to burn them. Also the idea of dropping calories by 200 and then up and then down could work into the mix. Also must make the fats good fats and not saturated fats...think of it as an experiment...Up the carbs alittle on lift days to compensate for muscle wasting...incorporate a higher activity level...ill be painting the ceiling and walls in the house and cleaning like a mad woman...need to get some kind of thermo burner at gnc tommorrow...wade says you can lift more with them and can clean the house like a mad woman...more energy...more calories burned....fat loss....lets hope....

Laurie

deze
Sat, Apr-26-03, 21:40
Hey Girl!

you asked about muscle.. my quads are big.. my biceps are getting crazy big! I love it!! also, I love my forearms and shoulders.. good definition.. also my calves look hot, and the muscles on the front of my lower legs....its the stomach!!! I feel the muscle underneath the fat.. it just needs to be burned off so I can see it.. have side definition on my abs, but no sixpack...yet!!!

keeping carbs low this week.. am reading Fats that heal, Fats that kill... saturated fat is Soooo bad.. we already know this.. the way to go is flax and hemp oil.. only on the first few chapters.. but am reading more tonight.. yes, saturday for reading this.. but I am enjoying the peaceful time for ME!!
will be mixing the routine up this week and those to come too.. curious about this stuff wade was telling you about that you got at gnc???

xo
j

chemlady
Sun, Apr-27-03, 15:31
Well today i did twenty bags of leaves and all the side and half the back yard...looks great out there and a little more to go...ran outta bags so will have to wait for another day...mom said my face was red and believe me my heart was racing...counts as cardio kindof in my book...and three hours worth. had a zone bar before i got out there so sure i burned those 20carbs. Keeping the calories in and out mind set now...had eggbeater for breakfast with coffee and fat free cream...tonight its chicken dipped in watered down ranch dressing and soy flour with broccli cheese cassorole...light on the cheese. bought chicken cutlets so no fat to speak of and made enough to take some days this week for lunch. Eating salad plain,,,no dressing. watching the protein bars because they have fats in them...only one a day from now on...and the days i have eggs i will throw out some yolks and leave just one yolk to three eggs. This is gonna work...i just know it.

J, still need to go to get thermoblast...efedrine in it...no heart problems here so will give it a go.

I feel this will be an up hill battle...fat all my life and never had muscle to show....not anymore...gonna literally work the heiny off me...wade says im thin but still need to get trim...yeah thats the word he uses...trim...im gonna be trim good golly...I have some side definition on the abs but still lots of jello fat in front...its going or else....

Laurie

chemlady
Mon, Apr-28-03, 07:27
This morning i did 25minutes/8miles on the bike and worked up quite a sweat..then i danced around for about ten minutes or so...even in the shower...today is a full body workout at the gym...and tonight i think i may take the kids swimming after some more yard work....we will see..details to follow

Lau

chemlady
Mon, Apr-28-03, 12:40
Todays workout
10minutes on precor ellipitical with various inclines and resistance for a total of 125calories burned

took a result for women drink 40minutes prior to workout...working with some pump now

back
super pullover 60/65/70 12reps each

shoulders
arnold press 10/12...12reps each
upright row 15...12reps

pecs
vertical chest 50/55/60...12reps each with some power partials and static stripping...hold that for 30secs and feel the burn.

hams
leg curl 90/95/100...12/12/10reps
stiff legged dead lifts 10/12/15...12reps each

quads
lunges with the step ..5/8....10/8reps each side
squats 10/12/15...12reps each
plie squats 15..12reps

biceps
hammer curls 8/10/12...12reps each

tricep
french press 12/15/20...15 to 20 reps each

ab/ad machine
ab 130...20reps
ad 120...20reps

cooldown was 160 assorted crunches.....had an isopure right after...man what a workout...and in record time..hardly any resting between lifts...

it is so beautiful out that i have to definitely do some yard work....

more later for sure

chemlady
Mon, Apr-28-03, 18:42
Tonight i did two hours and 14bags of leaves in the yard..looks good out there just a little bit more to do and then planting this weekend.

Laur

chemlady
Tue, Apr-29-03, 12:51
at the gym i did the weight loss program on the ellipitical trainer by precor...for 32minutes and 378calories burned...not bad considering i only ate 400 this morning..went two hours no food and then worked out..will wait the full hour and refeed....lets hope this all works out as planned.

Laurie

chemlady
Tue, Apr-29-03, 20:18
Tonight i did 30minutes on the bike for approx 190calories...i also totalled the food at 1554calories with a breakdown of 38/12/50...protein/carb/fat...not as good as yesterday but i did have a lowcarb candy bar after supper tonight...plus only have the 40g protein after lifting...tommorrow will be better and did burn 500+ cals with exercise and had a 1200deficit for the day...

The experiment continues...

Laurie

chemlady
Wed, Apr-30-03, 06:34
This morning i did 20 minutes on the treadmill bfl style....and im going to the gym around one for a full body lift session..need to look up some exercises on abc body building agian...going to change some up everytime so theres three different exercises a week per body part although the hams have a limited amount of exercises available that i can do...need to attack the shoulders from all three angles and also need to work different sections of my back...more to follow..

Laurie

chemlady
Wed, Apr-30-03, 13:54
Todays full body blast

10minute warmup on precor ellipitical with a cross training program..burned 116calores but try doing that thing backwards..man hold on for your life and much faster pace besides...

back
lat pulldown widespread
30x12
35x12
40x12

pecs
dumb bell pec fly
10x12
12x12
15x12

shoulders
upright row
10x12
12x12
15x12

biceps
hammer curl
10x12
12x12
concentrated curl
12x12

tricep
tricep dumb bell kickback
10x12
12x12
15x12

hams
stiff legged dead lifts
12x12
15x12
20x12
leg extension
90x12
95x12
100x11

quads
squats
12x12
15x12
plie' squats
15x12
20x12
leg curl
90x12
95x12

hips and inner thigh
ab/ad machine
ab...135#...2sets of 20reps
ad....125#...2sets of 12reps

cooldown
195 assorted crunches..and some good stretching of the abs/back and legs after.....

good workout and arms are looking good...shoulders look awesome..yes even for me...

chemlady
Thu, May-01-03, 06:45
This morning i got up early but so much to do..company coming for ashleys birthday tonight...ya know relatives and tommorrow is the sleep over with the four girls...so much to do and so much nervous energy..new car and all...and went to moms and im sorry but i had to get on that scale it was calling me...and..............BAM>>>>>>>>>>..yeah baby...cruisin down to 175....20more to goal and feel hot and skinny today....i could be the skinny bitch from rhode island ya know....course its like a drug and i want more pounds gone.....I will succeed...and today at the gym its another 30min of intense cardio............

more to follow...

Laurie

chemlady
Thu, May-01-03, 13:03
30minutes on cybex arctrainer for 300calories burned..felt more intense than teusday but less calories burned..figure that one...then did 6minutes on the bike doing a short hill run for another 37calories..had to wait for boss to finish his workout so made use of the time....yeah baby

lats and traps are sore from yesterday....especially on right side but i did do some static holding at full extension...want to have a sexy back as well as front...looking real good today...saul the maintenance man took a double take and then looked me up and down....what a cutie too..like 25 or something...boy candy...

well its back to work and d5 for me.

later

laurie

chemlady
Thu, May-01-03, 20:40
I did twenty minutes on the bike tonight after the birthday party for ashley..in which i had a few chips..okay about ten..i was hungry and no time for supper expect a protein drink.....calories were a b it low today....

i will do better tommorrow..

Laurie

chemlady
Fri, May-02-03, 16:53
.i had a busy day and woke up late so no morning cardio but i did go to the gym for the full body blast at one.

workout
10minute warmup on precor ellipitical in weight loss mode with 120calories burned

back
xcompound row
80x12
90x12
dumb bell shrugs
12x12

pecs
incline bench press
8x12
10x12
12x12

shoulders
seated bent over lateral raise
8x12
10x12
12x8
very hard on the posterior deltoid..weakest part of shoulder for me

bicep
real hammer curls
8x12
10x12
12x12

triceps
tricep cable pulldown
30x12
35x10
40x6

hams
stiff legged dead lifts
15x12
20x12
step ups
8x12
10x12
leg curl
90x12
95x12

quads
step up lunges
8x8
side lunges
8x8
leg extension
90x12
95x12
leg press
high wide and toes pointed out
180x12
middle and feet close together
180x12
low..close and toes pointed out
180x12

ab/ad machine
ab.....140#....x16x2
ad...130#....x12x2

195 assorted crunches followed by stretches for the cooldown.

not a bad workout and will be doing at least 20minutes on the treadmill tonight.

Laurie

chemlady
Fri, May-02-03, 20:56
well i just finished 30 minutes on the treadmill while talking to mom..then i took a nice bubble bath and now im going to watch maid in manhattan....

good day of exercising

good night all

Laurie

chemlady
Sat, May-03-03, 09:51
this morning i did 25minutes on the treadmill bfl style...will do more stuff tonight..hopefully another 25minutes of either bike or treadmill...must keep the metabolism revved...

its so nice outside...wearing shorts and a short white crop top...man im getting brave...measured today and lost more inches...im so happy...

will go over inch changes later...

Laurie

chemlady
Sat, May-03-03, 19:33
the list of measurement changes since the beginning of challenge three or the mischa get fit challenge...both started the same day...

...........3/30................5/3
neck.....13.5...............13.25
above bust 36.5..........35
bust...........40..............38.5
below bust..35.............33.75
waist...........30.5...........28
hips..............40.5...........37.5
thigh..............24..............23
knee...............15..............14.5
calf..................15..............14.75
ankle.............8.25...............8
forearm..........10.................9.75
bicep..............12.25.............12
wrist...............6.125............6

I call that progress baby...........now if i can only diminish the cellulite id be all set.............making a good shot at this and may have a lower body fat percentage...have to check and see....

Laurie

chemlady
Sun, May-04-03, 08:22
Well i didnt post yesterday but i did 22minutes on the treadmill at about ten last night and then i watched a movie and went to bed around 1230...one of those people that cant exercise and go right to bed..

This morning i did 15minutes on the treadmill and i have a busy day planned..painting and yard work if i can do everything and maybe a little shopping...need some protein bars and want to buy the eas kind..less fat than the others...

still need to check bodyfat...i think great results for five weeks of work in the mischa get fit challenge although for two weeks i went to the gym five days and lifted and for one week i went to the gym four days and lifted and for one week i went to the gym once...i know.... went and got in some sexercise with wade that week...call it a cardio/fat burner week and then this past week i went to the gym five times but only lifted three days and did at least 30minutes of cardio the other two days besides the added cardio in the morning and at night.

I will continue on this lowfat..lowcarb path for now and with the added cardio i am hopeing to achieve a near miracle and a flat sexy abdomen...the journey continues

Laurie

chemlady
Mon, May-05-03, 18:28
Obviously lost another pound and bodyfat dropped 2%..friggin amazing..my friend dale says my waist is getting tiny...yeah thats the word today..."tiny" god i love that word and there talking about me...

today gym workout
10warmup on ellipitical for 116calories burned
back
super pullover
60x12
65x12
70x11

shoulders
arnold press
10x12
12x12

bicep
hammer curls
10x12
12x12

tricep
12x12
15x12

hams
stiff legged dead lifts
12x12
15x12
step ups
10x8 each side
leg curl
85x12
90x12
95x11

quads
squats
12x12
plie squats
15x12
20x12
leg ext
85x12
90x10
95x9

ab/ad machine
ab
130x20
140x12
ad
120x16
130x12

140 assorted crunches

cool down other ellipitical machine for 5minutes and 58calories

used stacker2 for the first time today..okay but didnt use the right way..after every meal and not just before a workout..need to get some of those energy drinks as well.

may do some treadmill tonight before long..we will see..

Laurie

chemlady
Tue, May-06-03, 07:27
Last night i did 21minutes on the treadmill and then wade called and i got off it to talk to him ...this morning i did `15minutes on the treadmill and goin to the gym later for 30 on the ellipitical for cardio day...who hooo............................

Laurie

chemlady
Tue, May-06-03, 13:32
Well i used the precor ellipitical for 30minutes on the weight loss program and burned 336calories...then i did 6 minutes on the bike just for a cooldown..got a good sweat going and heart rate was at the end of the cardio section. The stacker2 is making me both anxious and horny,,,i know...at least thats what i told wade when i sent him a pretty graffic email a few minutes ago...it outta get a rise outta him for sure....tonight im going shopping while ashley has acrobat lesson so that will be my night activity....already did 51minutes today of cardio..pretty good i think and calories look good so far..around 1100 and 148g of protein and 25net carbs....keeping track is working...thank god for fitday...

later

laurie

chemlady
Wed, May-07-03, 10:50
this morning i did ten minutes on the treadmill..ran outta time..new bedding comin today..infact its already arrived...now i need new sheets and comforter too...here i go shopping...

workout to post later...

laurie

chemlady
Wed, May-07-03, 20:07
well i was so busy with wade and some stuff at work that i never posted my workout..well lets just say it was good...and i cant remember it all but will post what i do remember..need a notebook for all this stuff.

10 minutes on the cybex arc trainer for 112calories
back...
latpulldown
30x12
35x12
lower back machine
90x12

pecs
pec fly
45x12
50x12
55x8

shoulders
arnold press
10x12
upright row
10x12
12x12

bicep
hammer curls
10x12
12x12
15x12

tricep
tricep kickback with dumb bells
10x12
french press
15x12
20x12

hams
leg curl
90x12
95x12
100x10
stiff legged dead lifts
12x12
15x12
20x12

quads
plie squats
15x12
20x12
25x12
leg press
180x15..legs high wide and toes pointed out
180x12..leg in middle of footpad
180x12..legs low and toes pointed out

ab/ad machine
ad..115x12 and 125x12
ab..135x12 and 145x12

185crunches and a cool down of 4 minutes on the bike...

tonight i went shopping..will do something first thing in the morning for sure...

laurie

chemlady
Thu, May-08-03, 07:26
This morning i did ten minutes on the treadmill and the scale said i was up a pound..damn it...forgot my gym clothes besides so tonight at home i will be doing my cardio..and painting ceilings..

LAURIE

chemlady
Thu, May-15-03, 08:09
I have been exercising although not as much first thing in the morning...getting up tired especially today..up until one am and then woke up at seven late for work...will this painting ever end...still have half the kitchen left plus part of the hall...and wade arrives in 9 days....dont think i will get to the bedroom in time..at least it will be neat and organized. computer should be fixed today...thank god. today is cardio at the gym..workout to follow...

pinkcaddy
Thu, May-15-03, 08:54
Wow! You are doing great. I know what it is like to get too tired so be careful! You are doing great and really deserve all of the benefits you are experiencing. Sooo proud of you! Keep up the great work....almost there....can you believe it!

chemlady
Thu, May-15-03, 13:37
lost another pound according to the gym scale and had a great cardio session...30 minutes on cybex arctrainer for 310calories and then 7minutes on the bike for i guess around 35calories for a total of 345...almost all i ate this morning. tonights workout..painting and more painting....starting to become numb to the smell of it..

thanks for the visit pink..im trying my best and will go to bed at a descent time tonight.

laurie

chemlady
Sat, May-31-03, 08:34
...........3/30................5/3 ...........................5/31
neck.....13.5...............13.25.........................13
above bust 36.5..........35..............................35
bust...........40..............38.5............................38
below bust..35.............33.75..........................33.75
waist...........30.5...........28...............................26
hips..............40.5...........37.5...........................36.5
thigh..............24..............23..............................22.5
knee...............15..............14.5...........................14.25
calf..................15..............14.75..........................14.25
ankle.............8.25...............8................................8
forearm..........10.................9.75............................9.5
bicep..............12.25.............12..............................11.5
wrist...............6.125............6...................................6

Okay im happy and excited about the progress..hummm wade had some wonderful arm exercises for me to do...maybe thats what did it....

pinkcaddy
Sun, Jun-01-03, 10:03
Wow! You are doing so great. What an inspiration. I take my measurements at the begining of each month...you have just motivated me to run and do it! Thank you! Can you believe you are 93% there....WOW!

chemlady
Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:46
well todays workout included twenty minutes on the ellipitical for a burn of 242calories and then on to bicep..tricep and shoulders...finished off with 120 crunches...abs do need work and last week i only worked out twice because wade was here. still waiting to see if i have sitters available for a long weekend for me in north carolina and my favorite form of exercise...ridin the wade wave.......i did all the exercises that wade showed me and arms feel tight and good today....hopin for some serious toning over the next few weeks. later

thanks for the visit pink....hope i inspire everyone to get going with this because it works and im living proof.

laurie

chemlady
Mon, Jun-23-03, 19:45
Three weeks can go by so quick...with traveling and car accidents and all the other stuff in between i have not been seriously working out and have been at somewhat of a stand still...until now....okay everyweek i did do something but this week its getting intense..biceps and triceps every ptjer day until i leave for north carolina. abs five days a week...extra workouts at night 3x a week with ashley and swimming again...and some running on the treadmill...today at the gym i did 30minutes on the elliptical with the fat burning routine for 323calories burned....then legs,abs and chest..no shoulders or back until i see the physical therapist on thursday. 15 minutes on the treadmill tonight with interval walking and running....got on the scale and 166 in full blown out tom..so maybe lighter by the end of the week. 19% mbodyfat and waist is 25.75 and hips are 35.25....still have fat days but not today...only had about 1000calories yesterday and about 1250 calories today...but lots of protein and very little fat and carbs. will try to keep this gym log up.

chemlady
Wed, Jun-25-03, 13:28
yesterday i did 15minutes on each elliptical and then bis and tris with the cable system and free weights..did a little ab work but abs still sore from day before....today i did 30minutes ellipitical and then hams and quads with crunches mixed in..goin to the ymca tonight for treadmill and swimming and maybe some chest work. did ten minutes on the bike this morning on an empty stomach...i am so committed. 165 and lovin it and a real size 8 anything...even some 6's and 4's...gotta love that!

chemlady
Fri, Jun-27-03, 08:54
wednesday night i did 21minutes on the treadmill mostly running and then leg ext and leg curl and then 10minutes on the recumbent bike and then 45minutes of laps in the pool and just constant moving...yesterday was physical therapy so i didnt do anything else..too friggin hot..around 97 or so. Today is back to the grind and going to the gym this afternoon and maybe the ymca tonight...not sure yet if ashley is going to her cousins for a while....may hit the beaches this weekend which is just added swimming exercise and lost two pounds as of yesterday which brings me to 163...i think my legs look thinner..or am i crazy..course they still have cellulite..just not as much,,,,gonna try to train six days at least until wades...i want him to be impressed.....

chemlady
Tue, Jul-01-03, 07:31
well yesterday was a depletion workout to offset the carbloading that went on this weekend. did 15on the ellipitical and then 20 on the treadmill..mostly running at 5.0mph at a.5incline. then eight sets of biceps and 6sets of shoulders. last night i did 21minutes on the treadmill at the ymca and then 9minutes on the recumbent bike and then 40minutes of non stop moving in the pool at the ymca. This morning i did 15minutes on the bike upon waking and need to go to physical therapy so i will be doing something again tonight either at home or at the ymca. weight was up to 164 yesterday which isnt too bad considering what i ate and drank on saturday night. felt like a beached whale on sunday and monday. today i feel much better and by tommorrow i should feel thin again.

laurie

chemlady
Tue, Jul-01-03, 07:33
3/30................5/3 ...........................5/31...........................6/30/03
neck.....13.5...............13.25.........................13......................13
above bust 36.5..........35..............................35......................35
bust...........40..............38.5............................38....................37.5
below bust..35.............33.75..........................33.75.................33
waist...........30.5...........28...............................26....................25.75
hips..............40.5...........37.5...........................36.5.................35.25
thigh..............24..............23..............................22.5................21.5
knee...............15..............14.5...........................14.25..............14
calf..................15..............14.75..........................14.25.............14
ankle.............8.25...............8................................8...................8
forearm..........10.................9.75............................9.5...............9.5
bicep..............12.25.............12..............................11.5.............11.5
wrist...............6.125............6...................................6................6

pinkcaddy
Wed, Jul-02-03, 20:21
Look at you go, I am soooo proud of you! You are amazing! Thank you for being such a great example of what consistant effort can do! WOW! :cheer:

chemlady
Thu, Jul-03-03, 06:50
teusday night i went to the ymca and did 20minutes on the treadmill and then 35minutes of non stop moving in the pool. Wednesday was 33 minutes on the ellipitical at the gym in the late afternoon and then had to resign papers on the remortgage. today i woke up late so its the gym after lunch and then the ymca tonight for more. Ate a few things last night that werent exactly low carb. Gotta stop this emotional eating thing. Was very hungry and had some wings which were okay and then 1/2 a protein bar that was okay but then had some doritos..okay just a handful but probably a good ten carbs worth....and after eight at night is no good. woke up a little bloated..not too bad so i have to be good this weekend. going to a party on saturday night and want to look hot. Have a pretty sun dress i would like to wear...still snug this morning but a few pounds or the lack of bloat could do the trick. And more swimming this weekend...i love the beach and its supposed to be beautiful weather wise.

thanks pink...im far from perfect but i am very committed and although i stumble..i get right back up.

laurie

chemlady
Tue, Jul-08-03, 10:22
yesterday was 40 minutes onthe ellipitical and thats about it...tonight is the ymca with ashley and will have to do some cardio as well as some lifting and swimming. Need to push on for the trip next week.

Laurie