PDA

View Full Version : New Turtle Has Arrived

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

EileenBet
Sun, Sep-01-02, 12:47
Hello All,

I 'd rather not be in this club! LOL! I posted the bulk of this post in another thread, but thought I should say hello :-)

I am 50 lbs overweight and have lost 4lbs and 1 inch since June 1st.
I work out about 3 -4 times a week and follow the WOE, including the tweaking all that was in the post to see what was slowing me down to no avail.

It also appears that when I have a good loss, it goes back up within a few days.

Add to that that I am losing my hair since LC,(very badly, my scalp is showing and I am seeing a endocronoligist ion the 12th about it) the only reason I am staying on it is because I am free of my food cravings and severe hypogycemia for the first time in my life.

So welcome this turtle, Eileen.

p.s. Is there ANY hope?
LOL

Marlaine
Fri, Oct-04-02, 10:00
Hi there Eileen.......

I hope that you are still around. The short answer to your question is YES, there IS hope! There is always hope. I experienced a very difficult time at the beginning of following LC, but patience, persistance and the encouragement of my newly found LC friends helped me to make it through and get to where I am today.

About the hair loss, I know that Cher suffered with this as well. You might take a peek at her journal to find more information on that.

Don't give up!!

Marlaine

EileenBet
Sun, Oct-06-02, 15:06
Thank you for the reply. :-)

Can you point me to Cher's journel? Is it on this site?

Thanks again.
Eileen

Marlaine
Sun, Oct-06-02, 22:06
Hi Eileen.....

If you go to the top of this page and hit the "Home" button, you'll get a page that has a complete list of all of the forums here on the site. Journals are filed in alphabetical order according to your screen name. So Cher's is under "C" in the Journals Forum.

Marlaine