PDA

View Full Version : Fish fillets baked in double cream and grainy mustard

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bike2work
Tue, Aug-27-02, 12:05
Hi Karen,

I was watching an English cooking show this weekend and the chef mentioned that he likes to bake haddock fillets in double cream and grainy mustard. That sounds good to me but I need some help. Is double cream just extra-heavy cream or is it a cultured cream? I've never seen haddock in a grocery store. The fresh fish I get comes from the Pacific or from farms. What should I look for as a substitute? Could you please suggest a temperature too?

Thank you.

Karen
Wed, Aug-28-02, 11:43
You can use cod instead of haddock and whipping cream, or if you can find or make it, creme fraiche. It sounds delish! :yum:

Karen

bike2work
Thu, Sep-12-02, 12:34
I finally got around to trying this -- it was delicious and ridiculously easy. I used creme fraiche, but then decided I needed more "sauce" and supplemented it with heavy cream. That worked fine, but I'd do all or mainly creme fraiche next time.

For anyone else who wants to try it, I preheated the oven to 400 (Farenheit) which worked well. It'll take 10 - 20 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.

Thanks for your advice Karen!