PDA

View Full Version : 33 to lose, wants a buddy.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Zina80918
Tue, Aug-20-02, 16:11
Hello,

I started AWL 2 days ago. I live in beautiful Colorado Springs, CO. I'm 38 years old and the mother of a very active 5 year old son. Feeling a liitle down today, It is Stephen's first day of school. BOO! HOO!

I'd like a buddy with similar goals. Although, I'd love any advice and inspiration anyone might have to give. This is my first time trying the Atkins plan, I'm a little scared. My first 2 days have been okay but I'm beginning to feel fatigued.

Any ideas for portable snacks I can take to work. Mid afternoon are the toughest time of day for me.

Hope to hear for you soon.
Zina

specialgir
Tue, Aug-20-02, 17:23
Hey Zina, I'm here in beatiful Southern Ontario by the Lake. It is abeautiful August day. And, I actually went for a walk with my 2 children, 5 and 7. They are busy too. I do work full time. I ahve been on and off the Atkins diet about 3 times now. However, I've just been diagnosed with PCOD, and need to stick to a low carb diet. I think I might live on scrambled eggs, strawberries and canteloupe. I crave rice and bread. I am down to One coffee a day and uped my water intake. I do munch on a lot of walnuts as well. I would love to take off about 30 - 35 pounds. Each day I stick with it, I feel that much better about myself. Hope to hear from you. :roll:

paige17257
Tue, Aug-20-02, 17:54
hi zina,
i am from Pennsylvania. i have 2 children 11, and 2. our stats look close. i only have about 30 to lose, but it might as well be 100!! its hard when the kids first start school. sometimes the time away is good for both though. makes you appreciate each other more. i snack on smokehouse almonds, and animal crackers. (just a few). i ate these when i was pregnant and they didnt affect my sugar or weight. i also found a wonderful high protein, low carb, no sugar choc. mousse. i can give it to you if you want. i have trouble in the afternoon too. i try to have an early supper. string cheese and apple are good too. just have good choices on hand, so you dont make bad hasty decisions!!
good luck. :)
paige

Zina80918
Wed, Aug-21-02, 12:21
Thanks for responding. It sounds like we do have alot in common. I tried to send you both a PM but it would not allow me. I'm new to this forum stuff so I'm not quite sure how it all works. Perhaps you need ot add me to your buddy list then maybe I can get through.

How long have you been LCing this time? Why do you suppose its so hard to stick with. I am very determined, I want to reach my goal by my Bday on Nov. 6th. (close to your bday Paige, we're both scorpios). Do you think that is possible?

Oh well I won't ramble on. I do have to get SOME work done today. I'm usually online all day from 8 am to 5 pm mountian standard time. I hope to hear from you both soon.

Your friend,
Zina :wave:

specialgir
Wed, Aug-21-02, 14:27
Hello again. Glad to hear from you. I've been LCing since the beginning of July. I've only just found these great threads myself. Still confused on a few things about the site. Like chatting in the chat room. It sounds stupid but I get in the chat room and then thats it. NOTHING> I can't do anything except exit. I guess i'll figure it out. I also haave a chocolate mousse recipe. EXCELLENT!! Eating breakfast is very helpful. I never used to but now i feel great after just having a protien smoothie or some quick scrambled eggs with homemade salsa . I love spice. I do treat myself in the summer with chocolate popcicles. Oh well. Sometimes the heat gets to me. I'm down a pound today. How are you doing? Any good recipes?

paige17257
Fri, Aug-23-02, 19:24
sorry that i havent got back for awhile, my phone company shut me off, so i just got back on!! :rolleyes:
so, anyways, you cant PM until you have 25 posts or more, so get posting, lol!!! i dont mind PM's , because sometimes what you want to say is alittle more private and you dont want just anyone to see it!
i have been reading a couple of books, and it seems it is harder for some of us to LC than others, because of brain chemistry. our brain reacts alittle more to certain foods like they are "feel good" drugs or something. i will try to find which book explained all of this, and let you know. it is good reading!
i have an awesome chocolate mousse too. it was from the ISR diet book.
my birthday is the 7th of november, and i am a scorpio! good or bad, i am what i am!!
zina, i think your goal is attainable. i have lost about 8lbs already, and i think if i was excercising, it would come off quicker. i back slided the other day. i got the flu, and i just felt that i needed some extra carbs, but i am back on track now. one day at a time.
i will check for you both, next week in the chat room. i pop on and off all day, eastern time. i also check my AOL for buddies, if any of you are on that.
take care, and talk to ya soon!!
paige17257

specialgir
Sat, Aug-24-02, 13:25
Hello. Greaat you're back. I'm not on as much because I use my inlaw computer. I damaged the cartilege in my knee. So excercise is out for about two weeks. I've been laying on the couch snacking. I've uped my water intake and am retaing it. I feel like crap.. I've been reading some articles, about eliminating certain foods, like eggs, soy sugar, there were 7. Then reintroducing then one a time. Something about food alergies and triggers in your system. Foods react differently according to different body types. I haven't weighed myself lately but I think I'm up a little. When school goes back, I work afternoons, and I find it easier to lose then. Less snacking at night. Hope to hear from you soon. :roll: