PDA

View Full Version : I need the experts' opinion in here...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AmberinIN
Sat, Aug-17-02, 15:07
My dear friend is about to hit rock bottom and I am trying to help her in the nicest way I can, so any information would be very appreciated......

She is currently trying to become pregnant and is having trouble. She is in the 190's after trying to lose weight on low fat and also meds for weight loss. I'm not sure what she took, but it got her down to 170's and she went off and immediately went back up. She is taking fertility drugs and is possibly pregnant now. She is only allowed to gain 20 pounds for her pregnancy (!!!) and has already gained 5 in the last two weeks. She is lactose intolerant and now may have a yeast infection. She, I think, has never had one before. I need info or a good article I can link to and copy for her on this problem.

I also want to try to get her to do low carb. She did Atkins once, but got terribly sick. She's very low now, so I'm hoping that with the yeast info, I can get her to a low carb diet that would be right for her. She seems to be more receptive now because of the hard time she's having, but I won't mention Atkins. I've just mentioned that she may be allergic to more than milk.

Can anyone give me some info on a good low carb diet that works well them? I'm not sure if the yeast infections require special instructions. She also has a fused disc and cannot do cardio and can only lift 30 lbs weight. She cannot bend her back at all. Any other ideas on weight training?

Thank you all very much! :wave: Amber