PDA

View Full Version : here i go again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

willbthin
Tue, Aug-13-02, 07:18
i hope i finally made a decision that will help me lose this weight . i have been losing weight slowly on ww pts, but i still just want my pts spent mostly on carbs.

anyway this time i am making a change. the reward meal, i tried this before making my reward meal at dinner. well, at dinner time, i usually dont get to sit relax and enjoy myself without someone wanting or needing something. so i waited all day to eat my reward meal then couldnt enjoy it . i didnt really want to wait all day to have carbs i was always irritable during the day.

anyway, i am making my reward meal for breakfast. i get up early and my daughter is pretty relaxed in the morning, no hubby around he is working and no house work or phone calls that early in the morning. so i can sit down relax and enjoy anything i want for breakfast. i have always wanted to eat out of the box for breakfast anyway, i loved have spaghetti or hoagies or anything other than breakfast food. so my body couldnt get used to eating protiens and especially veggies for breakfast. i just wasnt satisfied cause those foods are not what i wanted. i just had my reward meal for breakfast and i am feeling very satisfied and know i dont have to worry about thinking of carbs the rest of the day. i am done that is it. i am doing cad, so i dont want to have snacks in between and i feel protien and veggies meals are more for lunches and dinners. i hope this works out for me, the only problem i see are weekend alcohol drinks. i will have to figure that out. i will let you know how i do. i feel pretty hopeful about this. this is where i am at today, one day at a time.

Wanda L
Tue, Aug-13-02, 10:49
Good luck to you, and let me know how you do on the drnking weekends since I have the same problem. Out of the 4 weekends, I have at least 2 that have to go to a reunion , party, etc. and I find myself drinking wine after my hour I don' thave a problem saying no to food is the fact that I want more wine !!

Good Luck !!!! :daze:

JeannieF
Tue, Aug-13-02, 18:12
Hey, the book says eat that reward meal whenever you want. So, why not breakfast if that's good for you.

I eat mine at dinner 'cause I have to cook for the family and would rather eat the carbs I cook than just look at them longingly!

Got a steak on the oven right now (at 8:12 p.m.) Steak with tomatoe inside, sprinkled with garlic and chopped hot banana pepper, smothered in tomatoe sause. It's gonna be awesome!

Love this reward meal stuff. Hope I can lose some weight, now!