PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Need encouragement

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Beanie
Mon, Aug-12-02, 22:41
Hi everyone,

I have had a bad couple of days. It started with Sat night when i had garlic chicken chinese food (with NO rice) that must have had corn starch in the sauce. I was fine with that and not feeling guilty because I stayed away fro the obvious carbs and it was just one of those things. But then Sunday I hate a couple of HUGE bowls of cereal and had stomach cramps from it all day. Then I ended the evening with ice cream with hot fudge and my stomach had more cramps all night. Today I was determined to stop the chaos and was great all day and then came home to eat cereal for dinner. I feel so gross. In addition to yesterday's cramps, I had more cramps and bloating today as a 'hangover' from yesterday and now tonight, since the cereal, my stomach really hurts. I want to stop this. I KNOW that tomorrow will be difficult but I MUST stop this. I loved the feeling of LCing. My energy levels were great and I had none of this bloating or intestinal problems. I know my body prefers LCing but it is hard to get my head to agree. These past few days I did not even have carb cravings--It was more like my head made this decision that I wanted cereal. I think I may be trying to sabatoge my success!

Please send words of encouragement and good thoughts! The next few days are likely going to be tough but I know I can do it. Back on track....and keeping the eye on the prize.
Thanks so much to everyone for this forum!!
Beanie

Rosebud
Tue, Aug-13-02, 20:02
Hi Beanie,

I hope you are feeling better about things by the time you read this. :there:

Those carbs are insidious little beggars aren't they? You are walking proof of just how addictive they are.

Just keep reminding yourself that you have done this before (and you were doing very well - good on you!) and you can and will do it again!

Do you take any supplements? I'm thinking specifically of L-Glutamine. Glutamine helped me enormously when I was having the dreaded cravings. In fact after a few weeks I thought I had it all under control and stopped taking the glutamine. Wham! Back came the cravings with a rush.
The glutamine does not work for everybody, but as it worked so well for me, I often suggest it as a lucky charm against those nasty carb cravings.

All the best to you, matey. I'm pulling for you!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Beanie
Tue, Aug-13-02, 21:45
Hi Rosebud,
Thanks for the message. Currently I do not take Glutamine but I have been thinking of getting some. Now that I know it works so well for you, I think I will try it. I will get some tomorrow.
Things went very well today. Was tempted but I made it through the day okay. Felt a little depressed about something going on in my personal life and I KNOW it was exacerbated by the carbs i had the previous two days. It is interesting that the carbs affect me so much emotionally and I think that is one more sign that I need to stay away from them.
Thanks again for your help! Best wishes!!
Beanie