PDA

View Full Version : please help LC/BFLer

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dewdrop
Sun, Aug-11-02, 23:04
Sorry about my sign in name, everything I could think of was being used. There's something to be said about old camp names. I'm looking for someone who has "been there, done that" and "If you do anything Do this" and "for sure don't do that" type of insight. I know how hard the road must of been, and if you are willing to share your insight and knowledge I would love to listen and learn. I have lost 80lbs on the Atkin's lifestyle and am currently one week into my Body For Life Challenge. I have read the threads on LC and BFL and have pages of great information. I'm new to the computer and have not figured out how to write to people individually.(It won't let me through, something about not having access) Will someone be my buddy?? :D

ReadyforLC
Thu, Aug-29-02, 14:52
You have done great. You should be the one giving advice since you lost 80 lbs already. Keep it up.

dewdrop
Thu, Aug-29-02, 23:13
Thank you again "ReadyforLC". It was nice to have someone reply to my comment. :spin: I looked for your journal to reply in it but could not find it. You probably haven't had time yet. I'll be sure to drop by and chat when you start! All the best!! :wave:

ReadyforLC
Wed, Sep-04-02, 10:54
No, I haven't started a journal yet. I'll probably forget the details by the time I get around to it.

dewdrop
Wed, Sep-04-02, 14:16
Hello ReadyforLC!! :wave:
It is nice to here from you. How goes the battle? Sometimes it feels that way doesn't it. I just found some of the LC recipies. I can't believe i lived this long with out them. I'm going to try the crustless pizza!!! The mock danish is to die for. Have you tried it?? What recipies keep you from cracking? I have to run it is my 4 year olds first day of pre school!!! :wave:

ReadyforLC
Wed, Sep-04-02, 15:01
I have a new four year old (turns 4 on 9/8).

I haven't felt the heat of the battle yet however, I have slowed down this week probably due to trying some of those recipes you mentioned. I didn't loose a lb this week.

The only recipe I tried was 3 oz of cream cheese, 1 packet of splenda, and 1 tsp of unsweetened cocoa. That has helped my craving for sugar but has proabably stalled my weight loss. Oh, I also tried some low carb bars (1 a day) that had 14 grams but also had 2 grams of fiber makking my net carbs 12. Those were the lowest LC bars I could find but it's still enough to derail weight loss. Some of the bars had too much for me to even consider like 25 gms.

I'm still OK with the new WOE though. It's for life so I'm not being too hard on myself yet. My bars are gone now so I should b able to loose again. I may try the cream cheese stuff again later. I'd like to get over my strong desire for sweets. Do youthink that's possible once you've been a chochoholic and just generally sweet addicted?

dewdrop
Thu, Sep-05-02, 12:22
Hello ReadyforLC!!!!! :wave:
The "sweat thing" calls my name every now and then as well! I used to be addicted to salty things and really thought that would be my downfall. It turned out to be hiding an even stronger urge of sugar cravings. I was simply getting my insulin increase through salty carbs instead of sugar coated ones. To be honest I do not miss the chips and nachos! ;) I do need to manage the artificial sweatner thou!! :daze: These new recipe's are a concern for me as well!! I was so used to eatting plain old protien and a salad!!! Now a whole new world has opened to me. Not good timing as I am half way done week four of BFL and still wanting to lose that final 30lbs. I am begining to think I can't have my goal and eat mock danishes and crustless pissa. What do you think!! :daze:

ReadyforLC
Fri, Sep-06-02, 11:10
You may be right. I have only a little lxperience but I know I have to stay away form the LC bars. Once I get to my goal I will probably hit the mock food once in a while.

ReadyforLC
Fri, Sep-06-02, 11:11
I forgot to ask, have you tried the L-Carnitate (I think that's what it was) that was suggested in Atkins to curb sugar cravings?

dewdrop
Fri, Sep-06-02, 13:49
Hi ReadyforLC :wave:
I believe our FDA has not given the "ok" for L Carnitate in Canada. There seems to be a problem with one of the contents. :daze: I have similar problems with some of the BFL products as well. Have you tried green tea? I really want to try a liver clense. Have you ever done one? I have cut out the mock danishes till my free day.
I am going to put some pictures in my journal. :o I have decided to focus more on what I have accomplished and ease up on the obssesion to get to my goal at the end of this BFL challenge. Have you tried BFL? I started to do Yoga and then moved to Power Yoga as I got lighter. :hyper: The whole Body For Life thing came about one day when I was at the Superstore. I saw this book and thought," hey this looks ok." I love a challenge!! My dear husband said he wanted to try it too!!! :eek: How could I resist. I was actually trying to find BFL support sights and low and behold I found this amasing place. It is great but it is better when you have someone who responds to you. Thank you for taking the time to chat, it means alot. :sunny: There just seems so much you can discuss with a four year old and a one and ahalf year old!! :baby:

ReadyforLC
Tue, Sep-10-02, 11:54
So is BFL the plan where you conform to a plan for six days and then eat what you want on one day a week? I looked at the comparison of plans but did not see BFL. It must go by another name. I have not tried it since I don't even know what it is. :)

On the liver cleanse. I have not heard much about it. I'll have to read some.

This is an amazing site. It's the only place you can go to discuss LC. When I discovered this I thought anyone that heard about it would want to do it right away. I am still working on my mother and my husband who are both reluctant to try. I don't know how many LCers you know but no one seems to know anything about it where I frequent. My sister-in-law is following Atkins. At least I can talk to her about it. Then again, I heard about Atkins about 4 years ago and I didn't look into it but just assumed it was not healthy becasue of the fat content. Silly me.

dewdrop
Tue, Sep-10-02, 12:55
I read your quote, very funny. :lol: You are so right, even a good cheat sould be well planned!!! :agree:
There is a section on this sight specifically for Body for Life and Low carbing. It is very informative if you want to have a look. The program itself has a meal plan to follow however myself and other LCers are doing it LC. I do not take a "day off" from LCing, I am just too afraid of what might happen. :eek: Somedays I think I should of finished my weight loss and then tried the program. I just weighed myself today and discovered I gained 8lbs. I know they say it is muscle but I would prefer adipose tissue loss!!! :rolleyes:
How are things with your LCing? I know no one around me who is LCing or ever heard of it. Sometimes I try telling people about it but I get too excited and overwhelm them. :daze: I have decided to only share with people who are genuinely interested and not those who are out to sabotage me and this way of living. To tell you the truth, I have not had alot of comments about my weight loss. I sure had alot about my weight gain though. Funny how life goes sometimes. :(
How is your new four year old? My new 19 month old is proving wrong everything I thought I learnt with my 4 year old. They really are something else!!
Talk to you soon! :wave: