PDA

View Full Version : quick question on cad

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sroo2
Sat, Aug-10-02, 09:51
I am going on a dinner dance cruise tonight and will probably have some potatoes (a little) if they won't substitute extra veggies. I'll skip the rolls. But I will be drinking champagne.

Should I just treat today as CAD and if so, how do I do that? Do I forego all carbs all day except for dinner?

Just not sure exactly how CAD works since I'm following Atkins.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

tofi
Sat, Aug-10-02, 15:00
A CAD day has 2 LC meals and one that is not. The Reward Meal must have salad to start, 1/3 protein, 1/3 LC vegetables and 1/3 anything else. i think they also stipulate that your meal must be completed in 60 minutes to avoid the second insulin surge.

So if this is a special dinner, it might just be worth while thinking of it as a planned departure from LC. Prepare by eating some protein before you go so you won't be ravenous when the buns appear. Drink water between each glass of champagne and try not to go nuts. You might even find that the dessert is so sweet that 1 taste is enough.

Above all, tell yourself that the next morning you WILL be back on Atkins. And do it.

Enjoy yourself. Life happens and LC is forever.

:wave: