PDA

View Full Version : Hotlanta anyone?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suzbuff
Mon, Aug-05-02, 21:19
Does anyone know of any low carbers melting in atlanta ? I am ne wto this and would love to join a group nearby!

suz

pbach
Thu, Sep-26-02, 15:22
Hi suzbuff!

I live near Atlanta (work in Duluth). Great to see somebody else in the area.

suzbuff
Thu, Sep-26-02, 19:02
hello pbach! i live in marietta, but work in roswell and alpharetta. we seem to be at about the same ht and wt. with the same goals. I started out with atkins, but kept cheating on the weekends, so now i do my own modified version of keeping carbs 50-75g and protein up at least to 170g, with one cheat day on the weekend..so far ..so good!

how about you?

suz:)

pbach
Fri, Sep-27-02, 08:40
I'm also doing a modified version. I started out Atkins. I'm glad I did because I wouldn't have been able to give up sugar and flour if I hadn't gone cold turkey. After 4+ weeks doing induction, I eased into Somersizing. Dr. Schwarzbein did the forward in the book so I picked up her book thinking that it was the food-combining theory, like Somersizing. I wanted to get a doctor's point of view.

Well, her book isn't about food-combining at all. She advocates high fat/protein and lower carbs, but a balance at each meal. She also eliminates processed foods. Since switching, I've been getting about 90 carbs a day but from whole foods without damaged fats or added flour. So far, so good.

I still lost weight this week after trying her balance. I'll give it another week and see. I might have to cut back on carbs a bit. We'll see.

I used to work in Alpharetta. Thank goodness they moved our office to Duluth (I was driving almost 2 hours each way- BLAH!). Gotta love Atlanta traffic. I used to drive to CNN center every day so I commuted like that for almost 4 years.

Well, didn't mean to start a book. :eek: Will check in on your journal from time to time. You're doing awesome!