PDA

View Full Version : I am not defined by my hips!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ivory
Sun, Aug-04-02, 08:33
This has been a super slow weight loss month, that is not what I'm here to celebrate. This morning it dawned on me that I have lost 43.5lbs, 30.5 inches and 11% of my excess body fat, why am I worrying about losing LESS this month than last?!!?

I realized that I need to take a moment to reflect on what I have accomplished, not what I have left to lose. I also realized that I am me at 250 or at 150, and that I am beautiful no matter what the scale says.

So what I'm here to declare a success was not a battle over my waist line or my hip measurements, but over my mind which in reality is far more of an enemy than anything else.

MIP
Sun, Aug-04-02, 09:52
Congratulations! That's the hardest battle of all to win.

Kristine
Sun, Aug-04-02, 20:42
Amen! Good for you! Sometimes, when we're trying to lose weight, it's easy to put life on hold until you hit that arbitrary number. But life has no pause button. Time flies too quickly and it's important to accept ourselves now! :clap: