PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Challenge

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Libbyfcr
Fri, Aug-02-02, 15:51
Our WEEKLY CHALLENGE seems to have been forgotten. We are actually on Week 21 and Week 22 starts on monday.

Anyone new want to travel the trail with me? I am game to do it again. For those of you who are new, we check in with our WEEKLY AVERAGES each week. We use to do it on Mondays, but whatever works best for you.

My week has been going wonderfully well! I was stuck for so long and now I seem to have gotten past it. I know I will show a loss this Monday when I do my averages!

Remember, your own personal challenge doesn't have to be sharing your weekly weight averages. Your goals might be different and we would love to have you share them. You encourage us......and we hope to encourage you...... on your path to health and wellbeing.

Best wishes,
Libby :wave:

Gracia_30
Sat, Aug-03-02, 06:44
Hey girl,

I haven't been here in ages. So much has happened in my life since I was here last. I now have a new job. Things were rough for a while with DH but are now back on track. And am being followed closely by my Doc. to try and make me healthier.

I had been off the diet, but still taking my Met. I have gained about 3-4 lbs. Which makes me happy considering I had lost 30 lbs when I was here last.

On Monday, I'm starting back on the diet slowly and also exercising at the gym. I have a membership which I don't intend to pay for and not use.

So what is new with you and the group? Did every body leave?

Libbyfcr
Sun, Aug-04-02, 21:13
. I have a membership which I don't intend to pay for and not use.

THAT is what I should be doing!! You go Girl!! Good for you!
I need encouragement like what I get from you. I need to start working on my exercise with a little (okay............. okay............ a LOT) more consistancy.

We missed you. Glad you are back.

I will be checkin' in bright and early in the morning with my weekly average!

Hope ya'll are doing well.

Snowite69
Sun, Aug-04-02, 22:59
:wave: I am new to this board but i would like to join in on your challenge. I started CAD on July 1st and so far have lost 15 pounds. I love this plan. For this week I would like to lose around 3 pounds. I am aiming for around 12.5 lb loss for august.

chocolate
Mon, Aug-05-02, 02:24
I'd like to join the challenge although I'll be around only a week then I'm going ON HOOOLLIIIDAAAYYYYY!!!!! and will be back in September!! (feel that enthusiasm?)

I've been back on CAD since wednesday and took 3 days to get out of the "I-can-eat-anything-so-I'm-going-to" frame of mind and since Saturday I've been doing really well and have come down a little. My weight :

Friday: 57.7 kg
saturday: 58
Sunday: 57.7
Today: 57.2

I'm pleased!!!!
Have a great CAD day everyone!!!!
C.

Libbyfcr
Mon, Aug-05-02, 13:37
Okay............ so I wasn't to bright and early. I just got so busy today, running errands and doin' kid stuff.

I figured out my averages. For the first time in quite a long time I actually have a noticible loss! I am down 2.2 pounds.

2.2 pounds doesn't seem like a lot, but it is a pretty high loss for me in a week, especially since I had been stuck at about 144 for EIGHT weeks.

I figured it out though.............. you do the best that you can do, be patient, and stick with the program.

Good things come to those who wait. But it gets here faster for those of us who try hard. LOL

Libby

Gracia_30
Mon, Aug-05-02, 20:38
Well I haven't started back on my diet yet (Planned on Monday but forgot it was a holiday here in Ontario) and I was away for the weekend, so that went out the window!!!

So I will weigh in tomorrow (which I'm afraid will show more like 5lbs gain rather than 3) and start from there.

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Libbyfcr
Wed, Aug-14-02, 11:25
I know, I know.... I should have checked in on Monday. Work is busy as usual and my vacation starts in two days and I haven't even begun to prepare for it.

Anyway.... my weekly average gave me a slight gain. TOM played a big part in it, but as of today I am back to where I was. Hopefully I can reach my next mini-goal of 140 sometime in this year! LOL

I have to go 10 whole days without my scales. I think I am dependant and needy. Ugh..... well........ it sure will be a challenge and it will give me something to work on while I am on vacation. The idea of coming home and weighing in should keep me honest! Aw, heck..... 10 days without my scales might actually be good for me.

Anyone else checking in?

Gracia_30
Thu, Aug-15-02, 04:18
Hey Libby,

I haven't been good about checking in. I'm so freaking busy at this job, and quite frankly too tired when I get home to be on the computer. So I do it in the morning (half asleep) LOL

I just don't know how to get my motivation to get back on my diet. I don't know what happened, I was doing so well. So far I'm sticking to 175 and I won't budge. I'm also not following my diet most of the time.

I sort of lost my get up and go! Has anyone seen it?

JeannieF
Thu, Aug-15-02, 06:01
I'm new to CAD (1.5 weeks) and not really losing weight. As a matter of fact, today I was back up to my original weight of 166.

But I had an AHA! moment yesterday when I realized I truly am a Carb Addict and I have to stick with this eating plan regardless of what the scale says.

I noticed that you said you were taking 1500 mg MET. What is that?

Took my measurements this AM so if the scale doesn't come down, maybe my measurements will. (I'm hoping for some kind of noticable difference so I can stay motivated.)

Good Luck, CAD friends, :cool:
Jeannie

coachwife
Fri, Aug-16-02, 09:05
I would love to be part of the weekly challenge. I think my goal won't be weight related (just because I don't have control on how quickly my body releases weight and I am easily frustrated if I don't see success on the scale!!) I think it will be an exercise goal... like I will work out for at least 35 mintes/5 times a week as well as do at least 3 30 minute weight training sessions.

I am new to CAD... less than 2 weeks. I do feel better altough I am not sure I have lost many pounds.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!!

Annie :)

Gracia_30
Fri, Aug-16-02, 16:51
MET is Metformin also known as Glucophage.

It is a medication for someone with insulin related problems. I have PCOS. A disease caused by too much insulin in my body.

JeannieF
Fri, Aug-16-02, 17:09
Thanks for the reply. My mother was right, you learn somethin' new every day! And I'm learning so much and getting mucho support from everybody on this support forum.

Mucho Gracias, LC Amigos!

Libbyfcr
Tue, Aug-27-02, 09:08
I am back. Vacation was wonderful. House survived without me. Now I have to fold a huge couchfull of laundry that I washed yesterday. That's the only problem with camping. Laundry. yuck.

It has been two weeks since I checked in. Can't say that I was an angel on my trip. I think I ate anything that pleased me and then some. Weighed in yesterday at one pound LESS than I did the day I left for my vacation. Wierd. I was absolutely sure I had gained a bunch.

So...... maybe a high carb break was in order, and now that I am back on track maybe, just maybe, I will finally loose the last few pounds to reach my goal.

Later,