PDA

View Full Version : We're here in Edmonton!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Robin
Sat, May-19-01, 07:51
We're here! What a trip. The wind nearly blew us off of the road! Anyway, just touching base. Any suggestions yet for a place to get together? I was checking out the phone book and there's tons of restaurants, but not sure which one would be the best.

P.S. Must be more tired than I thought. It's taken me 4 times to get this right and it's only a short one! Happy long weekend everybody!

tamarian
Sat, May-19-01, 08:12
Hi Robin, you guys are having a low-carb outing?

Wa'il

Robin
Sun, May-20-01, 09:22
Yup. I was in a hurry when I posted and I couldn't find the normal place, so I plopped it into here. Michelle & Keith, are coming from Cold Lake, Brenda from Edmonton, Toni (new to the group), Ray and I. Don't know where we are going yet, but looking forward to it! Wednesday May 23rd. :D

tamarian
Sun, May-20-01, 09:25
Originally posted by Robin
Yup. I was in a hurry when I posted and I couldn't find the normal place, so I plopped it into here. Michelle & Keith, are coming from Cold Lake, Brenda from Edmonton, Toni (new to the group), Ray and I. Don't know where we are going yet, but looking forward to it! Wednesday May 23rd. :D

Funny, that the same night we're having our Vancouver LC dinner!

O.K. Let's declare the May 23rd the Internation Low-Carb Day! :)

Wa'il

Robin
Sun, May-20-01, 09:38
We'll raise a glass of water to salute you and wish we could all be together! Now that would be a blast. There would be so much talking goin' on and not much eating!

tamarian
Sun, May-20-01, 09:42
Sounds good, we'll do the same!

Stepho's (Greek restaurant) knows our group, and the waiters know our rules, replace rice, potatos with extra salad, before we even say anything.

Wa'il

r.mines
Sun, May-20-01, 10:37
Gee, none of the LCers I know ever forget to pay attention to their food! But that only adds to our charm, eh?

We will also raise a glass or two in your general direction!

Rachel

Originally posted by Robin
We'll raise a glass of water to salute you and wish we could all be together! Now that would be a blast. There would be so much talking goin' on and not much eating!

Robin
Sun, May-20-01, 19:33
I don't know about "youse guys Lucy," but there just isn't enough time in the evening! By the time everyone tells everybody about what is going on in their lives and how their low carbing is doing, it's almost time to go home. Ordering food is almost an annoyance. But I'll manage somehow.

We have tried Earl's in Winnipeg and managed to do pretty well. They make a great steak that comes with mushies and for an extra couple of bucks, do the best sauted veggies, red peppers, red onions, zucchini. Yummm. The first time we went, the manageress gave us our salad for free, cause they had to charge us for the veggies.

Kelsey's is pretty good too. They made a double hamburger that was just great, a whole pound of burger. Now they changed the menu and moved it back down to a single. The waiter got the kitchen to do the double again and didn't charge us extra. He said that the next time we go in, just ask for the usual and he'll make sure we get the double burger. Cute kid! Smart too!

Anyway, going out to the Swiss Chalet tonite. Hope we can keep it relatively low. Going to the cheap seats after, of course taking along a Ross bar for support.

Gotta go...have a good nite everybody. :D

debbiedobson
Mon, May-21-01, 06:37
wa'il make sure you're home in time for the finale to voyager! it starts at 8:00 here in ontario. i don't know what time it starts out there. or you could tape it! duh, debbie! i'll have to stay up late because it's a 2 hour show. i've already read the synopsis of the episode at startrek.com.:D

tamarian
Mon, May-21-01, 06:51
Thanks Debbie, I forgot all about it! Will tape it. :)

Wa'il