PDA

View Full Version : It Works!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sweetiepie
Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:08
Just wanted to let you all know, especially the newbies, that I have been following The Schwarzbein Priniciple for 3 weeks today (very imperfectly) and I have lost 4" from my waist!!! Now to some this might not seem like alot, BUT to me it is almost a miracle. My tummy has been my *cross to bear* for quite some time now, so anything that helps me lose inches there is just great. (I did not measure anywhere else as I intend to use my clothing as a guide. I also do not intend to weigh for a very long time). I was feeling very discouraged yesterday as I did not FEEL like I was losing weight inches etc......but I guess I am. By the way I am almost 53 and menopausal and nothing has worked for quite some time now. A few years ago I did do CAD/CALP for 8 months but was not successful. I am praying this will continue to work. BEST OF ALL, I am feeling better and better with each day, emotionally and physically, and have finally given up caffeinated coffee after a 30+ year addiction!!! So yes this does work in MANY ways! HUGS to all,

marisa
Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:14
Wow, it sounds like TSP is really working for you. That's terrific and inspirational for us all.

Congrats on giving up the caffeine. I know it can be brutal but it is SO worth it.

Smart to use your clothing as a guide. Too often we get caught up in the number on the scale when it really isn't such a good measure of health.

Over and out for now! :wave:

Flamingo
Tue, Jul-30-02, 14:22
Congrats!

Love to hear about those inches disappearing!

I don't miss the caffeine a bit either. In fact, I stopped at a coffee shop this morning with my husband. There was nothing at all for a low-carb'er to purchase (except bottled water). As I was sitting there, looking at the bagels, scones, juices, coffee, etc., it struck me how carbo-crazy our world has become. I felt like a foreigner in there thinking - don't these people know there's a better way?

Susan

JudyAH
Tue, Jul-30-02, 15:26
You are so right . There is a better way and we have been lucky enough to find it. Good on us! I can relate to the coffee shop dilemma. I own a coffee shop. Unfortunately there are not an easy on the go answer for the quick morning run in. With out a real kitchen to cook I am at a loss as to what to offer customers for low carb breakfast.

Sweetiepie, I am so happy that you were able to get through the first few weeks and see the light. I remember how rough it was for you in the beginning. CONGRATULATIONS!! Love and persistance. Its what we all need. Love of ourselves and the persistance to move forward.

lisaf
Wed, Jul-31-02, 06:59
:) You deserve it! Nice to see all that hard work pay off!!!!

Lisa

TheBetty
Wed, Jul-31-02, 12:24
PTL! PTL! That's wonderful about the inches! Keep it up..... :roll:

rosarugosa
Wed, Jul-31-02, 12:28
:wave: :thup: Congratulations! As one whose most pronounced problem area has been her waistline/abdomen, myself I know how great it feels to see the inches decline there! Even when I would lose on other diets that area was hard to reduce until I went with low carb eating.

And giving up caffiene after 30 years -- yea! I think a lot of people don't realize how harmful it has been to them until they have given it up. Of course hindsight is 20/20.