PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Cheese Breakfast Mousse

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Patchouli
Mon, Jul-29-02, 00:45
Lemon Cheese Breakfast Mousse

1 entire lemon (including skin), quartered, remove seeds
1/2 - 1 pkg gelatin (dissolved in 1/2 cup of boiling water) optional
1/4 cup of Udo's Wholesome Oil Blend (or a high quality polyunsaturated
vegetable oil, such as grape seed oil, or safflower, or extra virgin olive oil.)
1 fresh coconut including milk (optional)
Put in blender and liquefy for a minute or so.

1/3 cup of honey
a banana without the skin (optional)
Blend some more on high

add 1 tbsp of vanilla (or more)
1 cup or more of yoghurt
a cup or more of cottage cheese
and blend some more on high.

Refrigerate overnight and it's ready to eat for tomorrow's breakfast or in a few hours you can eat it as lunch or as a dinner dessert. This will give you 4 cups or thereabouts. (I often eat it right away without waiting for the gel to set. Sometimes it doesn't set to a gelatin solid anyways if I put too much other liquid in. It usually doesn't matter to me too much whether it sets or not.)

I should clarify that I never measure any of the ingredients - the measurements given here are approximations so readers will have an idea of the proportions.

This can also be done in a food processor if the liquid content is not enough to process in blender. The gelatin can be omitted completely if you use enough coconut to make a desirable thickness. In this case it would need to be done in a food processor. The initial grinding period of the lemon/coconut mix would have to be increased to break down the pieces to small size. It can be run to smooth or chunky, depending on your own preference or taste.

I have since omitted the banana because of the high carb count and have instead added fresh coconut, with or without the milk. Sometimes I just drink the milk right away. The coconut goes into the blender with the lemon and gets liquefied for a minute or two.

I don't usually add the entire coconut, just a couple of good-sized chunks. It adds a lovely flavour and smoothness. I have also used dried grated coconut if no fresh coconut is on hand. Sometimes I will add an egg as well if I have nice fresh eggs.

I also add a couple of tablespoons (or thereabouts) of Udo's Ultimate Oil Blend with the lemon/coconut start. With the yoghurt and cottage cheese I add some of Udo's Wholesome Fast Food Blend.

You can play with this and create your own heart's delight with it. :yum: