PDA

View Full Version : Introduction- Tinakaye

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tinakaye
Sat, Feb-24-01, 15:47
Hiya all, I just wanted to introduce myself to ya'all and say hi. I'm Tinakaye and I'm a carb addict ;)

I've been low carb for over ten years but just used l-c as a diet and finally about 2 years ago I learned that as long as I want to be thinnish then this has got to be a woe for me and not a diet.

I've lost 75lbs and finally reached goal on Feb 17th! Im a very slow loser and there is always hope! Those one pound lose's do add up.

Anyway thanks for the invite to your board and I look forward to getting to know you all and being as much of an encouragement and help to you as possible.

Tinakaye
203/128/128
http://tinabelle.tripod.com/lowcarb.html

doreen T
Sat, Feb-24-01, 17:50
Originally posted by Tinakaye
Hiya all, I just wanted to introduce myself to ya'all and say hi. I'm Tinakaye and I'm a carb addict
hi Tinakaye,

Love the intro ..*LOL* Yes, this is like a 12-step program in a way.... you take twelve steps back from the chip wagon and run for the nearest steak house ..

Nice to meet another veteran lowcarber. I'm a "veteran" who's back at Induction, and that's all I'm going to say about that ..:p ... I will also say that the very first diet I ever went on was in the mid-seventies. I was a fat teenager, and went on ...ta-dah .. Atkins, the original. Lost lots of weight, stayed slim until college. Late night studying, and living on chips and Coke was my undoing. Of course, being a nurse, I fell sway to the "lowfat" mythology sweeping the planet ... lost then gained (plus), lost then gained (plus) again ... and so on for two decades - even did the macrobiotic vegan thing - till now, disabled and obese, and by golly ... I hopped back on the lowcarb bandwagon in a SERIOUS way last July, and it has not been a steady course ... but the overall trend is downward. And you're right, it has to be a permanent way of life, if I want to have quality of life. I have no desire to go back to my old thinking.

I owe a lot to Wa'il, and all the other terrific members here at Low Carb Canada. I try to be as helpful if I can; sometimes I stuff my foot in my mouth (or keyboard, I guess ..:rolleyes: ) but the effort helps keep me motivated.

So welcome Tinakaye, look forward to reading more of your posts ... (p.s. - I've visited your site before, but had not yet seen the "goal" picture. You look awesome. Congrats)

take care,
Doreen

Cheral
Sat, Feb-24-01, 22:12
Welcome Tinakaye.
I'm Cheral and I'm a carb addict. You know, when you say it like that it really hits home.

Your photo's are an inspiration to us all. Thank you for posting your website - you've just strengthened my resolve to 'stay on the wagon' once and for all. And a huge congrats on reaching your goal!
Cheral

Tinakaye
Sun, Feb-25-01, 08:42
Thanks for the warm welcomes Cheral and Doreen.

As you could tell from your visit to my page it took me many years to get it "right" lol Thats pretty much why I call it a journey, because I never know where its going and it as well is never ending. And like any great journey, taking along friends makes it so much more fun!

Tinakaye
203/128/128

LCSue
Sun, Feb-25-01, 20:45
Hi Tinakaye,

Just wanted to welcome you as well. Actually a visit to your site about a month ago was one of the reasons that I chose to follow the Atkin's plan. Your success is truly inspiring! Glad you joined the group.

Sue

Tinakaye
Mon, Feb-26-01, 18:29
Ahh that is so sweet Sue! I might have motivated you, but your the one that has to do the actual work! Im very glad that I was invited to this group as well. Ya'all are just to sweet!

Tinakaye
203/128/128

Kehali
Thu, Aug-26-04, 06:57
I have been trying to access Tinakaye's website for a couple of months and can't seem to find anything. Has anyone "heard" from her? Is she still maintaining her WOL? She was an amazing inspiration to me.

Finestof07
Thu, Aug-26-04, 14:32
I have been trying to access Tinakaye's website for a couple of months and can't seem to find anything. Has anyone "heard" from her? Is she still maintaining her WOL? She was an amazing inspiration to me.

She sure is an inspiration for me!! Sometimes when I get discouraged, I would read her success story. It always made me feel better and now that one day I could reach my goal weight just like Tinakaye :)

Kehali
Fri, Aug-27-04, 06:04
How long did your stall last? I just went through that....now's finally moving, slowly. But I know it didn't "come on me" overnight, so its not going away overnight. I'm just happy with how far I've came to date. Yes, I love to look at Tinakaye's pics--I find before/during/after pictures are what helps motivate me A LOT! And I like to read journals, I like to compare. Have a great day!