PDA

View Full Version : PA/DE/Southern NJ(and whomever else wants to come) LC get together August 17th

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fern2340
Wed, Jul-24-02, 22:02
Ok... here are the details. It will be on Saturday, August 17th at 7 PM.
1906 Marlton Pike West
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
856-486-0258

So come one, come all who live in the area, who are travelling in the area, or who are willing to drive a long distance (maybe Meg!)

If anyone needs directions you can pm me or Trainerdan. I guess post here no later than the beginning of that week so we know how many to make reservations for.

I am so excited to meet those of you who have expressed interest in this!

alpmartin
Thu, Jul-25-02, 05:37
Great idea,and thanks for setting up a time and place.

However I will not be able to join you as we already have plans for that Saturday. Saturday's are probably best for most people, but are almost always a problem for me. Sorry.

Good luck and good eating.

Al

joanie
Thu, Jul-25-02, 07:35
That sounds really fun, and as luck would have it, we will be in South Jersey on the 16th and 17th. Don't know if we'll be able to get to Cherry Hill by 7:00 or not (we'll be driving back to MD at that point), but I can try. I'll have my urchins (and hubby) with me though, so it might be kinda hectic...we'll see how it goes. Is the restaurant expensive and do they have a kid's menu?!

fern2340
Thu, Jul-25-02, 09:47
Al-
Sorry you can't make it! Next time we will work on one during the week!

Joanie--
How nice if your whole family could make it! I am not sure about price and kids menu. I'll have to ask Dan and get back to you.

fern2340
Fri, Jul-26-02, 07:28
Ok, there has been a bit of a change of plans. Same time, same date but we have changed the place. We drove by Porterhouse to get and menu and they've changed a bit since Dan (I have never been there) has been there last. No kids menu and prices were way too high!!!

So, new location:
Lone Star Restaurant
2452 Route 38
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
856-482-7727

:) I hope everyone can make it!!

VictoriaT
Fri, Jul-26-02, 09:56
Linda,
Hello! Please count me in! I am really looking forward to meeting you and Dan. I hope that other people can make it out there too!!!

I will probably need directions or I can go to mapquest and get them I suppose. In any event, please count me in!!!

Vicki

VictoriaT
Fri, Jul-26-02, 10:06
By the way-if anyone is near DE--I am in Newark right by the U of D...please feel free to write to me here in my journal! I always love to make new friends

VIcki

VictoriaT
Tue, Aug-06-02, 15:33
HELLO!
Who else is joining us?? COME ON! IT will be really fun-its only 12 days away now! YEAHHHH

joanie
Tue, Aug-06-02, 20:12
I think my hubby, urchins and I will be there. It sounds like fun!

fern2340
Wed, Aug-07-02, 21:58
YEA Joanie!
So glad you can come!! How many kids? I am going to try and make a reservation (if I can) sometime next week.

I am excited!
Linda

joanie
Thu, Aug-08-02, 07:44
Hi Linda...there will be four of us (we will probably need a high chair for Emily). Another thing crossed my mind...it probably goes without saying, but my kids are not low-carbing (they are skinny little things and very picky eaters) and my hubby, who does need to lose some weight, is not dieting either. I say this only because I don't want anyone to be upset or tempted by the food they will order! So if this poses any sort of problem, please let me know. Otherwise, we will be there with bells on our toes! Oh -- just thought of something else...I sort of know what you and Dan look like from your avatars, but will you wait for us up front, or should we ask for your table when we come in?! If so, just let me know what name it will be under.

Guess that's it. I'm off to do my Firm tape. Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

fern2340
Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:49
Hey Joanie!
OK, 3 plus a highchair!!! OHHH.... how old is she?!?! I love babies/infants/toddlers..ok, kids in general!! I'll be playing w/ her all night! ;) Dont worry about the non lcers. If Meg_S comes, her hubby is not a lcer and I dont think Vicki's fiancee is either.

We can just plan to meet out front. You wont be able to miss Dan and I....we'll be the two tall folks!!! :D

I am getting so excited!

VictoriaT
Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:55
HAHAHAHAHAH
Linda,
Brian will LC by eating eggs and bacon without toast.
His lunch will be ceasear salad without croutons.
Then for dinner he has a nice steak and broccoli.....

THEn....
at about 11 pm he has 2 bowls of butter pecan ice cream :lol:
He tries....
but nope..
he isnt an LCer..