PDA

View Full Version : I gotta get my drink on.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chunkybutt
Tue, Jul-23-02, 21:48
Ok I am new at this low carbing thing, and I am still on induction, so I am not drinking. But I am a college student and need to get my drink on. I am not a huge beer drinker. I usually have a (few) cape cod or scewdriver.

Any low carb alternatives that are good? I am not quite sure of the whole vodka and diet coke. And do bars carry diet-uncolas?
What is the carb count in vodka anyway?

Any input appreciated.

Sephy
Wed, Jul-24-02, 22:27
Most, if not all clear spirits are zero carb.

Ivory
Mon, Aug-26-02, 21:17
Absolut Vodka has 0 carbs, even the flavoured stuff. So if you mix absolut with diet sprite or diet 7-up, its pretty good.

aggieamy
Sun, Sep-15-02, 21:44
you can even have absolut mandrin and water and .. its still really good and flavorful

piggypiggy
Fri, Nov-01-02, 16:38
can't wait to go out tonight!!!!

Psilocybin
Tue, Nov-12-02, 12:16
You can always try a Tom Collins, they're just Gin, Club Soda and a splash of lime juice.

shelly
Tue, Nov-12-02, 12:52
Captian Morgan spiced rum and Diet Coke is the best, you should try it. I'm pretty sure there isn't any carbs...I hope! :confused:

slimchance
Thu, Nov-14-02, 23:20
Hi all! :wave:

One word of caution from a fellow college student...

The hard liquors may claim to have 0g carbs, but your body will use the alcohol for fuel before your body fat, so just remember that even though you may not put on weight with the rum and diets, you won't be taking off any either! ;)

Enjoy your weekend!!

KC :daze: