PDA

View Full Version : Any one up for a 21 day blitz?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

arnie
Tue, Jul-23-02, 19:25
I've been reading a book called Faithfully Fit which states that if an act is repeated for 21 days straight then it will become a habit. My 21 day mantra will be to exercise/move my body every day. Whether it is taking the stairs at work or foregoing a snack break for a walking break. I will faithfully low carb each day and post my menu and activity.

I've been out of town for a while and am looking for a boost to put me back on the straight and narrow.

Is anyone out there game? :q:

arnie
Wed, Jul-24-02, 18:07
Not so bad yeah!

B- egg white omelet w/ swiss cheese and peppers
sausage link
L- 2 pieces of chicken, green salad w/ ranch dressing

S- 2 oz peanuts

D- chicken breast and low carb ice cream

Exercise:
45 minutes of step aerobics, 20 minutes of toning - circuit weight machines for upper body

Today was a pretty good start to my 21 day blitz. I'm proud of myself and little down for grabbing peanuts when I was hungry. At least they were peanuts!! It's so much easier to grab a cookie or a cracker. Can't wait for Day 2.

Wish me luck! :roll:

arnie
Sat, Jul-27-02, 14:20
Not so bad for days 2 and 3.

7/25/02
deviled eggs
tuna, salad, ranch dressing
hot dog
cheese, steak, tomato, squash
1 oz peanuts
low carb chips

7/26/02
polish
1/4 tomato
peanuts 2 oz
soda sugar free
green tomatoes
fish
salad w/ ranch dressing

Only walking for exercise. My back is killing me!!

arnie
Sun, Jul-28-02, 06:43
I'm ashamed to report what I ate. It all started with a chico stick. I said, "Okay, it only has 16g of carbs", and that was it. One hit of sugar and my brain and body conspired against me.

Today is another day, so will dust myself off an hop right back on track. After all, how triumphant can you feel when you reach your goal if it was all easy. I can take this set back, but I will prepare myself for another one. To counter this I have low carb ice cream and sugar free jello w/ cream cheese for the next I'll just taste this.

You know, I wonder if this was brought on by me snacking on non-whole foods, like lc chips and lc ice cream. I think that is what happened. Okay, whole food items only! If the urge gets too strong, then I'll resort to lc options for goodies. How's that sound.

No exercise, only stretching for horrible Day 4.

arnie
Tue, Jul-30-02, 18:12
Days 5 and 6

7/28/02
3sl. bacon, 2 eggs scrambled w/ canola oil and swiss

1 sausage pattie

chicken breast, 1/2 cucumber

chicken breast, 1c. salad
low carb jello
1c. koolaid w/ splenda

7/29/02
2 boiled eggs, sausage pattie

mozzarella, basil, tomato w/olive oil and garlic salt and pepper(delicious)

steak, romaine lettuce, onion, ranch dressing

1sl. salami, 1 sl. swiss, 1 celery stalk. 3 grapes

Exercise: 45 minutes of step , upper body weights
Feeling a lot better after the horrible day 4. I'm on track and I will beat this extra baggage hanging around my middle.

I checked the scale and I lost 2lbs, but I won't post until next weigh in.

destro
Thu, Aug-08-02, 14:59
Hi Arnie,

I just noticed your 21 day countdown. I want to do one too!

Only what I need right now is a little bit different from you: so for 21 days I pledge to:

NO MINDLESS MUNCHING

I have been eating too many nibbles of cheese, handfulls of nuts, for example, in the evening and late night. What I need to do is just return to dinner then one snack before bed (the snack is good to do since I am a diabetic).

Last night I was great: I spent a lot of time here on the forum reading and getting inspired, so today will be my official day 2!

Thanks for the 21 day reminder.

Natalie

arnie
Fri, Aug-09-02, 15:45
I haven't been good about posting everything here. I've been doing a dance b/w here and my journal. This is like day 15 for me, but I'll be doing something else for 21 days to make a habit. Glad to have you join me!

destro
Wed, Aug-14-02, 19:00
Hi Arnie,

Today is day 9 of my "no mindless munching" countdown, and it is really working beautifully. Whenever I have an impulse (which has NOT been every night) I remember the pledge I made to you here and that helps me a lot.

I am glad to hear that you are doing well, too!

Natalie

wallylu
Tue, Aug-20-02, 10:03
Ok, I'm in for a blitz of any kind. I've been so bad for the last three weeks!! :nono:

Let's DRINK TONS OF WATER!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

NO CHEATING!!

:bash: :bash:

Hurrah!!!

:yay: :agree: :dazzle:

cre8tivgrl
Tue, Aug-20-02, 16:16
Count me in too. Only my blitz will have to be about drinking water. I do great some days and terrible other days. I'd like to get to the point that it's a habit to reach for water instead of something else.

21 days of water, water, water. 100 oz. a day at least.

So I am headed off to the kitchen to grab my first big 33 oz. glass. :D

Shelley

Luxsit
Wed, Aug-21-02, 16:07
Mind if I jump in ?

I will be driving hard to September 20th my 11th anniversary. So until then, more water, no cheating, charge!!!

Regards,
Lux :wave:

cre8tivgrl
Wed, Aug-28-02, 17:00
Day 8 and I have to report that I've done pretty good. I've been drinking 2- 33.8 oz bottles of water a day and then other glasses here and there at home and at work.

I've been averaging over 75 oz. a day and most days it's closer to 100 oz. :)

13 days to go!!!

Shelley

P.S. How is everyone else doing????