PDA

View Full Version : taco bell taco salad

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carberrys
Wed, Jul-17-02, 20:21
even without shell this still has 31 g carbs.... beef, cheese, lettuce, onions, salsa, tomatoes, sour cream....where are the carbs (22 g fat, 24 g protein)? what am I missing? I thought I was being good!

Deirdre
Wed, Jul-17-02, 23:13
I believe in the US, it also has refried beans on it doesn't it? They have a lot of carbs. In Canada it doesn't come with refried beans.

carberrys
Thu, Jul-18-02, 08:46
Yep you are right. I forget about the beans. Thx--I'm learning!

chunkybutt
Wed, Sep-04-02, 11:56
I don't beilieve that it has 33 carbohydrates. It has beans in the bottom, which I order it without and those are around 18 carbs in a serving, Then we are down to about 15 carbs, I think about 3 or 4 of which are dietary fiber.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, because this is like my favorite treat!!!

SusanKH
Wed, Sep-04-02, 12:12
Oh no, I think I'm going to be unpopular for mentioning this, but I feel compelled, so here goes: I don't have proof but I am fairly sure that Taco Bell adds flour to their ground beef to stretch it. And flour has carbs. However, having said this, I have noticed that very occasionally some of the recipes in the Schwarbein Principle cookbook use minute quantities of flour.

Susan

chunkybutt
Thu, Sep-05-02, 08:47
you are correct, I believe there is potato starch too.
I order the chicken taco salad. I do no know much about what they add to that?! Hopefully just chicken!!