PDA

View Full Version : muscle tiredness

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dherb1
Wed, Jul-17-02, 08:48
Ive been on Protein Power now for about 10 days. I have really tired muscles. I started taking a potassium supplement yesterday. How much should I take and how long will it be before I'm able to notice the difference. Lost 6 pounds in 10 days. The program seems really easy.

doreen T
Wed, Jul-17-02, 10:26
hi there dherb1

Welcome aboard. If you still have your copy of Protein Power handy, have another read through Chapter 6 .. the section on potassium states you should be taking at least 90mg a day. Most potassium supplements provide 99 or 100mg per tablet. In their latest book PPLifeplan, the Eades have increased their recommendation to 400mg per day during the early weeks, and any time there is increased fluid losses such as sweating in high heat or intense exercise. Maintenance dose is 90 - 100mg a day.

While you're looking at Chapter 6 ;) you might also want to read up on calcium and magnesium. Low magnesium levels can cause weak, tired muscles ... you should be getting 450mg a day. Cal-Mag is conveniently mixed together in one tablet, usually in a 2:1 ration of 333mg cal to 167 mg mag. Take 3 tablets spread over the day, with the last one at bedtime. It will really help your sleep :)

hope this helps

Doreen