PDA

View Full Version : First patch

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

squidgy
Tue, Jul-16-02, 11:22
This morning I was smoking, ooh, I don't know, I'd say about two to three cigs every hour.

Then I thought, hmmm, no, I won't do this any more. I'll stop. And I'll do it now. Just like that. I mean, that's how I started low-carbing, and have stuck with it three weeks now. :)

Couple of hours after that I put my first patch on. It was weird. Sure I still think about lighting up now, but it's like, it's making me really hyper, I can't sit still! :eek::lol: But if I try to take on too much, then I end up getting breathless and light headed incredibly quickly. That said, I've made big progress in decluttering my flat in the last few hours.

I mean, it kinda feels good, but not without feeling just a bit scary too. Is this normal? Thanks.

tamarian
Fri, Jul-19-02, 18:05
It does have a "strange feeling" side effect, and some weird dreams too :)

Godd luck, and I hope it works for you :thup:

Wa'il

squidgy
Mon, Jul-22-02, 14:43
Thanks. I think I was a bit overoptimistic at first, though. That uppiness wore off after a few hours. And it didn't repeat itself. Used one more patch, thought it wasn't doing any good, tried for a day and a half without, then finally gave in. Oh well.

Still, am trying again now, and this time, nurse is checking up on my progress, which is probably more likely to make me stick to it.