PDA

View Full Version : Okay to eat so many eggs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shanthi
Mon, Jul-15-02, 11:34
I am a lacto-ovo-vegetarian and have been looking for ways to low-carb. Is it truly okay to eat 2 eggs everyday? I thougt I read that adults should have only 3-4 eggs a week. I love eggs and cheese and it would really help me to LC if I felt that it would healthy. I don't have any medical complications whatsoever.

Thanks for any replies!!

Shanthi.

Cinderella
Mon, Jul-15-02, 14:00
Eat away...some days I have 4 eggs. I would skip a day every now and then tho so you don't start to get sick of them.

cin

edybean
Sat, Jul-21-07, 12:03
try 48 in a week!!!

SlimJen
Wed, Nov-25-09, 19:33
normally I eat 7 daily.

mainecyn
Wed, Nov-25-09, 19:44
It is perfectly normal and healthy to eat that many eggs, and more. In fact, when cooking, i have some single recipes that call for 5 eggs!

Flower51
Wed, Dec-02-09, 07:34
How's your cholesterol? Last I checked my total had gone from 314 to 199 to 176 but my ratio was not good and my tris were too elevated. Terry

michellag
Mon, Mar-07-11, 07:47
Having egg white i suppose is good , as it contains a lot of proteins . But the egg yolk's are known for having very high cholesterol content .I believe you should push that aside especially when you are having something like 5 eggs a day ! Excessive cholesterol is a serious health risk and its very difficult to get off from your body .

Beez in BR
Mon, Mar-07-11, 08:15
I disagree -- whole eggs are fine in any quantity, every day.

High tryglicerides are caused by carbohydrate metabolism.

Your body will make less cholesterol if you are eating more. It's fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tdFdPpWK3Q