PDA

View Full Version : hopeless??!!!??!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pickles
Sun, Jul-14-02, 21:27
Ever feel completely, utterly HOPELESS??!?!?

I only started CAD diet a week ago and already I am failing. It is SOOO hard for me to eat only three times a day, with high carbs once. I can't figure out how to do it. I just keep screwing up.

I'm bullemic. Of course, that's my first confession. Damn I hate admitting that. But I am. At the beginning of the year I was anorexic, and now it's gone into bulemia. And it sucks. This diet is supposed to help me. But it's not helping because I can't do it!
:confused:
I give in to one little high-carb food when I'm not supposed to, and everything is ruined. One carb leads to another, and another leads to another, and pretty soon I've eaten over 600 cals in half an hour and I'm doubled over the toilet.

No, it's not fun. And yes, I want to stop.

Maybe I should just not eat ANY high-carb foods.

Hmm.

Anyone know anyone else who has an ED and is doing this type of diet? Maybe I need some supports.

Fumih_81
Sun, Jul-14-02, 23:00
i suggest that u try protein power or atkins, coz CAD has a reward meal that may disrupt your insulin levels.

it will be better that you try on an induction phrase that eliminates most of the carbs. though you may suffer some forms of carb withdrawal.

keep mainly to proteins, veges and fruits ....it will help...

good luck!

Rosebud
Sun, Jul-14-02, 23:15
Hi Pickles,

I'm so sorry you are feeling so unhappy and out of control. :there:

At 5'2 and 110lbs," you are lovely and slim. Are you receiving any counselling for your eating disorder? If not, I would strongly suggest you do so, you will wind up feeling much better about yourself.
Also, have a look at the gentle advice on this site, Normal Eating. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38343&highlight=fitday)

I'm not suggesting you stop low carbing. I happen to believe it is the healthiest way to eat. But I would suggest you try another plan, as Fumih also suggests. I know that CAD works very well for many people. I'm also quite sure it wouldn't work for me - I'm too strongly addicted to carbs.

Have a look at Which Low Carb Plan is Right For Me? to the right side of the screen. If and when you choose another plan, I would suggest you go straight onto the maintenance section.

All the best to you, my dear.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Kristine
Tue, Jul-16-02, 22:39
Hiya Pickles! :) I agree with Rosebud: CAD is *very bad* for anyone who might lose control of that "freebee" meal. It's not your fault.

Low carbing, though, is an excellent way to curb the physical cravings so that you can deal with the emotional issues - even Overeaters Anonymous encourages "abstaining" from carbs. Do consider one of the other programs - something like Protein Power where you're encouraged to *eat* when you're hungry. And be sure to get support, if not counselling, so you can get to the root of the real problems, which aren't related to food.

Hang in there - it takes time to "get it together," but it's worth it. :there:

Danyele
Wed, Jul-17-02, 14:39
hi,

I suffered from anorexia a few years ago and actually a year ago had to go back to the clinic i was admitted to for similar problems. My weight now is a result of hypothyroidism, PCOS, starvation dieting and excessive exercising. If you want to talk i'm here

Danyele

Pickles
Thu, Jul-18-02, 07:14
Thank you for your replies, everyone.

I will check out the other diets and see if one of them is a better idea. Part of me thinks that I will have similar problems with them, though, also. Maybe I just need more willpower and determination. I mean, you would think that if I am able to starve myself, I could keep from over-eating and binging. (sighs)
Anyhow, thanks for the comments.

Oh, and I am in counseling for depression, PTSD, and I am a SA survivor. I realize this is one reason why I have my eating problems in the first place. My counselor says that as I get better emotionally, my eating will get under more control. I hope so. It just seems like it is taking forever! :confused:

Toodles,
Pickles