PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

skatie0569
Sat, Jul-13-02, 21:09
Hello there,
My name is kelly and I live in Australia. I have been reading your posts regularly and have now registered so I can join in as well..
I do get a lot of encouragement from reading all your opinions and life experiences with TSP.
I am keen to start this WOL primarily to re-gain my health after a long time Low fat lifestyle and to lose the weight that I find so difficult to shift. Plus, I want to be prepared for my menopausal years with a sound foundation of health and good nutrition in the light of the dangers of hormone replacement treatment.
How many Aussies are there in this forum?
How many use the SP cookbooks?
I appreciate your reading my post... it's just a long winded "hello" when you get down to it.
Best of luck to all of you.. I look forward to participating in the very near future!

Kelly :wave:

clodagh
Mon, Jul-15-02, 02:52
HI Kelly

welcome to the group! TSP is a great plan and I am planning to use it for the rest of my life....I think it's very healthy and makes sense.

I'm not in Australia - I'm in Ireland. But I lived in Australia for a year maybe that will do?!?! Sydney is a wonderful place. I lived in the Italian are Leichardt - so was surrounded by Pasta!!!!

best of luck with your endeavours.

Clodagh

skatie0569
Mon, Jul-15-02, 04:36
Hi Clodagh!

Thanks for your reply. My Nanna was born in Irelend.. so I have a love for many things Irish.
How long have you been doing TSP and what has your progress been so far?

Good to hear from you!
Kelly :roll:

clodagh
Mon, Jul-15-02, 04:45
HI Kelly

Good to hear you have Irish blood. Only the best people do!

I have been doing SP since March 2002. I have PCOS so I really need to follow a low carb plan. I felt that SP was the most sensible as it has plenty of veg. and is not necessarily very high fat.
Also the book really made a lot of sense to me.

I have found it great - I've lost 13 lbs so far, and I feel a million times better. I can't eat bad stuff anymore as my body simply reminds me of how bad it makes me feel!!!!

Also this plan has given me a new and healthier attitude to food - I am starting to view it as fuel rather than something to comfort me. I was a fat child, fat teenager and now a fat adult. I ate to comfort myself.

2 benefits stand out for me - firstly I don't go to sleep on the couch in the evenings anymore, and secondly my moods are significantly more balanced than they used to be.

best of luck

talk to ya soon
Clo