PDA

View Full Version : desperate for this to work

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

niksauntie
Fri, Jul-12-02, 11:09
Hello all! I just read an article in Woman's World magazine about the SP diet and I think this may be for me. I'm desperate for a diet that I can make work. I've been trying new diets so long that I've all but given up. None of my clothes fit anymore and I can't hardly look in the mirror. I've gained 70 lbs in the past 2 years (after going from 160 to 130 by drinking nothing but protein shakes for 6 weeks) and it has ruined my self asteem. I'm tired all the time, depressed, and generally very moody. I'm not so concerned with the scale anymore as much as I just want to feel good, and feel good about myself again. If I don't do something soon my work pants aren't going to fit and when I got them last year they were very loose. That was the final straw. I'm going to buy the SP book this afternoon but I would appreciate any tips or pointers anyone has for just getting started.
Wish me luck all! :wave:

sweetiepie
Fri, Jul-12-02, 12:03
hi! I have not been on this woe long enough to know if it works weight wise (only 3 days) BUT I feel better than I have in a VERY long time! I feel more peaceful, more energetic and more HOPEFUL. That in itself is worth alot to me. Stick around and we will work this together :) HUGS

niksauntie
Fri, Jul-12-02, 13:44
Hey! Thanks! I'll be thrilled when I start feeling better!! The weight loss will just be a bonus. It would be nice not to be soooo tired all the time. It's been so long i've forgotten what it feels like to just feel good!!!

DebPenny
Fri, Jul-12-02, 16:35
Welcome! TSP, IMHO, is the way to go. You'll feel great and you will lose weight. But be prepared for the weight loss to be very slow and it may not start right away. The key to TSP is that it is a way of life. You are not going on a diet that ends, you are changing your eating habits for your life and your health. And as Sweetiepie said, you'll feel great.

Also, be aware that you may actually feel a little more fatigued the first week. That's because your body is adjusting to the reduction in carbohydrates. I had a mini-crisis (low blood sugar) on my 5th day and had 1 cup of cantaloupe and felt lots better. Since then, I don't eat fruit (mostly because I just don't like it) even though it's on the program.

The book is very informative and, I think, it describes the plan quite well. And I'm looking forward to Dr. S's new book that should be shipping in September.

Just FYI, I have been following TSP for 5 1/2 months now and I can no longer even conceive of eating any other way. It is my way of life. And, although I have lost some weight, the health benefits are so major that I will stay on the program even if I don't ever lose another pound.

;-Deb

mmoranmic
Fri, Jul-12-02, 17:34
Welcome to Schwarzbein! As Deb stated it is a wonderful program! I've never felt better, I've lost nine pounds in two months, my skin is now clear and i don't have any stomach upset. My moods area better and I have more energy. Everything about her program makes sense to me and I'm sure that you will be happy with your results. I am re-reading her book and I've ordered her new one, I've learned a lot and I plan on following this way of life one day at a time! Take care, Maureen