PDA

View Full Version : Gallebeau

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

penelope
Fri, Jul-12-02, 09:48
My dh brought me this chocolate it might fit into a four slice toaster ,it is a lot.
I have wrapped it in individual pieces of wax paper then into ziplock bags then into plastic containers.It is now stored in a cold room.
How long will it last ?This is rich unsweetened chocolate .Four ounces are too much in my 1 liter ice cream maker .I had to cut it with a vanilla beans ice cream recipe I use it for ice cream because at least it is frozen and last longer in 1/2 cup servings.How long does ice cream last?
What is the time factor for all this chocolate.I would hate to have to bake with it for bazaar sales .
Boy it is hard to chop.

Karen
Fri, Jul-12-02, 11:00
As long as you keep chocolate in a cool, dry place with no tmperature or humidity variation, it should last well for 4 months. For longer storage, freeze it.

Low-carb ice cream has an optimmum life of 1-2 weeks, depending again on the temperature and the humidity of your freezer. Keep it tightly covered.

I think the chocolate you are referring to is called Callebaut.

Karen

penelope
Fri, Jul-12-02, 11:13
Thank you Karen! I did not want to unwrap the packages to get the name right.