PDA

View Full Version : Keto products in Ontario

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Deirdre
Wed, Jul-10-02, 15:34
I just found a store that sells Keto brand low carb products, Atkins products and a few other low carb items. It's in Oshawa, Ontario but they also sell online. Of course the Keto products are very expensive but this is the first I've heard of them being available here in Ontario.

I did post the store info in the yellow pages section but I don't see it there yet so here's their website:

http://www.feelgoodnatural.com/

I went in there today, very nice little store, they even have pet health food! Free delivery if you spend a certain amount, depending on your location. :thup:

BigJ
Wed, Jul-10-02, 19:59
Hrmm.. I tried searching on that site for Keto, and it found one cookie. I tried searching for Atkins and delivered the 3 books, no suppliements or other products.

:(

If you can confirm that they have more than that I will drop them an email and get some quotes..

Thanks
BigJ

Deirdre
Wed, Jul-10-02, 20:06
Click on "Shop / Search for Products" then "Search for Products by Category", select "Food / Snacks" then "Low Carbohydrate"

Maybe this link will take you right there:

Low Carb Foods (http://www.dti-web.com/cgi-bin/tame/feelgoodnatural/search-list.html?cart=02G10cyr.ntz&case=%73ub2&%73ubcat2=%4Cow%20Carbohydrate)

They did have quite a bit in the store - very, very expensive though (the Keto products). They also had a few different bars and some of the Pure Delight chocolate bars.

BigJ
Thu, Jul-11-02, 16:29
Wow, expensive is right! 12 bucks for a keto crisp cereal. I don't miss it that much :)

Thanks for your help!

IslandGirl
Fri, Jul-12-02, 01:39
Hmmmmm, I used to think that about some of the better quality low carb products, like wow is that expensive for some cereal....

Then I gave my head a shake... used to buy a cardboard box, for over 5 bucks, that had the same volume of stuff in it, but the stuff was really cheap filler, empty calories, like sugar and a few ounces of flaked dried and wildly overpriced corn kernels or rice, not quality (and more expense) protein.

Think on WHAT it is, not what you think you are missing... and why you stopped eating the cheap filler sugars and starches... cuz they made you unhealthy and were addictive.

BigJ
Mon, Jul-15-02, 19:59
Oh, you don't have to remind me how evil The Old Way(TM) was. What I was remarking on was that I could do without Keto products for now... However, if anyone thinks that a product is worth X amount of bucks, then knock yourself out! God knows that I spend 4 bucks a drop on the occasional low-carb bar. You gotta do what makes you feel good ( but kids, make sure it's legal.. carb wise or law wise :) )

The expensive snackies I can hold off from for now.. however last night I discovered Sorbee Sugar-free chocolate bars and a tablespoon of unsweetened peanut butter.. all I was missing was a big glass of milk...

DebraAnn
Fri, Jul-19-02, 08:48
That's great to see that someone has found a source for Keto. I was all set to order from the internet, that is until I saw the shipping charges!!! I would like to try a low carb alternative to cereal for a once and a while treat and so $12.00 isn't the end of the world. Not for every day, but on occasion. I'm going to check out the store in Oshawa.
I'm on the Protein Power Plan and I've been on it since the beginning of July. At first, I was eating way too much protein and wasn't losing. Now that I weigh and measure my foods I am on a "losing streak". Even though I have 49 pounds left to lose, I am pumped that I've already lost eight. My brother and parents are also on the plan and we support each other. I have yoyo dieted all my life and am lucky that I can even lose weight at all anymore. I do find that, even though the Eades say wine is OK once a day, 3 to 6 oz. that if I do this, it slows me right down. What is cool is that you know it is there as an option. This plan is so sensible. You just have to eat a certain amount of protein a day (per meal) and as you move from Phase 1 to Phase 2 to Maintenance, you increase your carb intake to where your body tells you to put on the brakes or put on the weight. It is highly adaptable from person to person.
The Atkins bars and shakes are yummy and I find, a good emergency meal that travels well. The prices are ridiculous, 40.00 for a can of shake powder and 57.00 for a box of 15 bars, but, if you forgo the emergency stock, grab some fast food once you are starving to death...you probably pay the same or more for your meal moneywise, and have taken one step backward in your diet. Too high a price to pay.

smurfette
Mon, Jul-22-02, 13:54
Yes, I bought some designer whey red liquidy protein thingy--looks icky really but often I go out and then use not having some stuff as an excuse for say...a hershey bar :) My hips are walking hershey bars soooo in that case when you can't pull out a rump roast and you want to stop looking like one then its worth it.
Now I am a beginner here but I don't really have any burning desire for keto stuff yet. I think I want to stay away from stuff that's processed as much as I can. Its just too close to the habit in feel...you know one step further backwards psychologically. It wouldn't take much for me to make the leap....but we are all different.

IslandGirl
Tue, Jul-23-02, 01:54
"Announced" early last week right here on this website, in the Lowcarb Products:LowCarb Co-op Forum.

Better prices, I might add :devil: than the store in On.

DebraAnn
Wed, Jul-24-02, 06:54
Great! Another source in Canada for low carb foods. The shipping is prohibitive from BC to Ontario, however, and the Oshawa store offers free shipping in Ontario on orders over $40.00. Still, a great tip!
I hope to see more options for us in the future. To my way of thinking, the grocery stores should eventually get with the program and offer a variety of low carb items. Then we'd get our stuff even cheaper!!!

Theresafed
Sun, Sep-01-02, 17:31
Hi

I went to the Low carb ordering site and looked for the products that I was interested in at the site that was mentioned earlier and I think the key is they deliver free in ontario if you order over $40. Actually, for all four Keto bran things that I was looking at it was cheaper at the health food store mentioned by $2. That is not much except there is no charge for delivery. That is what makes it cheaper.

I am new at this, hope I am not missing anything

IslandGirl
Wed, Sep-04-02, 00:50
Things are happening ALL the time right now. Business is taking notice of the customers demand for more low carb products.

Case in point: Keto Foods Canada http://www.KetoFoodsCanada.ca has just recently opened up in Ontario, and they supply all Canadian stores now, including me (LowCarb FoodExperts Canada, also known as the LowCarb Co-op, at http://www.LowCarbCanada.com). KetoFoodsCanada will also sell retail to customers or refer them to a nearby retailer or store.

They have a feature that is supposed to be up and running very soon, called the Store Locator .... which should be very helpful, but you need to check it regularly (once they get it running, that is :devil: ) to see what's new and who's now carrying their products and (most importantly), who's in YOUR neighbourhood. I'll be linking to that Store Locator from my Keto webpage as soon as it's working.

The thing to know is that Canada Post (still one of the best shipping deals around) charges a 1-zone rate from BC to just west of Thunder Bay, and a 1-zone rate from Thunder Bay all the way East to the cost... therefore anything going from BC to, say, Toronto, gets an extra shipping cost. Therefore, I need to charge a bit extra for shipping from here in BC to anywhere from Thunder Bay on out East, and most Eastern stores (whoever they are) needs to generally charge Westerners more. The same will go for most other retailers, either Western or Eastern, so it does pay to check the shipping.

Hope this information helps you!

HLFAN
Thu, Oct-10-02, 20:51
Hi Islandgirl, I'm in toronto. I'm looking for flax o meal and can't find it anywhere. Is it available in Canada at all? Thanks for all the good infor BTW. :wave: Nancy

sweethoney
Mon, Oct-14-02, 22:28
Health Plus nutrition centre in Ajax is my place! I love it, it offers sooo many things at the lowest prices I have come across.

It's across from the Durham Centre, in the MacDonald's plaza.

IslandGirl
Thu, Oct-17-02, 18:09
Hi, HLFAN.

Sorry, I didn't see your question about Flaxomeal in Canada because it was buried in this Keto thread :D

As far as I know, FlaxOmeal is not yet available anywhere in Canada (well, that I've heard of anyway).

I can tell you that the makers of FlaxOmeal actually import their flaxseed from Canada (Manitoba, I believe) cuz it's the best. So it does seem kind of ironic to import the end-product :devil:

There's a whole great big thread about FlaxOmeal in the LC Products forum, and there's recipes on making one's own in the LowCarb Kitchen forum, too.

smiley
Thu, Jan-16-03, 18:35
There is a new health food store in Whitby at Rossland/Garden st
It is in a mall -Loblaws,PetValue,RogersVideo...

They have some keto products
Some Atkins products
Tons of Atkins bars
and soon will be getting more

Smiley

smiley
Thu, Jan-16-03, 18:37
At the Oshawa Centre Mall there is a Good Health Store on the main level near Zellers that also sell Keto brand items and Atkins items

Hope this helps

Smiley

GetN-SkinE
Sun, Jan-19-03, 07:33
Forgive me, I just joined this forum last night. Only heard about "Keto" products this week. Contacted the company & was given only two stores in the whole area - both in Toronto. Found one store, quite by accident, in Ajax, Ontario. Now from reading this string of messages, I see there is also one in Oshawa. The store I found was called "Health Plus Nutrition Centre", located at 145 Kingston Road East in Ajax. Saw their name mentioned on this string, but wanted to re-state how good the store is, since I just found them. They carry a lot of Keto products and some Atkins products. Expensive, but who cares - I had some of their "elbows" last night for supper. Very filling & it is certainly better than going back to non-low-carb pasta!!! Hope everyone is having a great low-carb day!