PDA

View Full Version : blood sugar question, please help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Shaco
Tue, Jul-09-02, 13:59
My husband, who is diabetic (type II) , just finished his third Atkins week. It's amazing how normal his blood sugar readings have been since he started the diet. But last night, when we ate out at a Mexican restaurant, he had a couple of tortilla chips and some refried beans. This morning his reading was 131, good but higher than it has been. Here's the big problem: driving to work this morning, he started to sweat and got the shakes. He had some cookies as soon as he got to work, and felt better after that. He took the same amount of insulin as the previous several mornings when his readings did not exceed 103. Anyone have any ideas on what could have caused the problem?

Shaco

Cinderella
Tue, Jul-09-02, 14:04
I'm thinking a doctor would be good to talk to....

I have problems with my blood..my body is actually sneaking over to the other side..lol....from hypoglycemia(to low of blood sugar)...over to diabetes. I can tell you that my bloodsugars have been to my recorded low of 1.8 and now are turning the other cheek to 15.8 Both are not so good.

What it possible he had a hypoglycemic "attack" due to the starchy carbs from the night before. He certainly has/had the signs, and...if the cookie helped, my guess is his sugar fell to low. It happens to me.

Cin