PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Meatball Soup

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

auntannie
Sun, Jul-07-02, 15:58
Attached is a recipe of my own invention, and yes my kitchen is more of a labratory right now than a kitchen, with all my cooking low carb experiments. It is called Turkey Meatball Soup.

Hope you all like as much as Dear Hubby and I did.

Turkey Meatball Soup

Meatballs:
1lb lean ground turkey
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
¼ Cup Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
Mix all together ingredients well. Brown in lightly greased skillet (I used olive oil), not necessarily cook through. Set aside.

6 Cups Chicken broth (made mine with 6 Cups very hot water and 1/8 Cup liquid chicken bouillon).
Sprinkle of garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning.
3 Cups California Mixed Vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots).

Place broth, vegetables and seasoning in med. size saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook until vegetables are done. Add to the saucepan the meatballs and simmer for 10-15 mins.

Carbohydrate counts:
Total recipe- 41.4 gms.
Per serving- 10.35
Makes 4 generous servings

Note: My Dear Hubby loved this soup too, and found it very filling. Unfortunately he isn’t on a low carb diet, but he gets to be my guinea pig when I try out new recipes. So he is kind of on a low carb diet too (sshhh don’t tell him).

Margaret-Ann