PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here from WY?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gusafer
Sun, Jul-07-02, 14:04
I was just wondering if anyone is from Wyoming? I live in Rawlins.

MtnRose
Mon, Jul-15-02, 17:10
Hi,
Yes I am from WY. I live in Lusk. I have been hopeing to find someone in the same state. If you ever need to chat I am here. My parents live in Rawlins! :p

Gusafer
Tue, Jul-16-02, 16:46
So funny to hear that someone is from Wyoming. :D I wasn't expecting a reply back to this. WOW!!!!!!! Yeah, if you ever want to chat, let me know.

Great to hear from you,
Dayna :cool:

mari3338
Tue, Dec-03-02, 06:50
Gusafer & MtnRose - I'm from Wyoming also. I live near Thermopolis. I'm here for encouragement and to work together to get our goal of health & fitness a reality! -Mari

MKGretchen
Fri, Dec-27-02, 10:46
I live in Laramie

GO POKES!!!

Shadow01
Thu, Aug-07-03, 08:31
Hello, everyone :) ! Had a little extra time to surf today and noticed this thread. Just wanted to say "hello" from beautiful Cody :wave: !

DrmCorpMom
Mon, Oct-06-03, 02:45
Anyone out there from Wyoming still active here????

Jaimie

VOW
Mon, Oct-06-03, 04:45
Don't live there now but grew up there and graduated from Rawlins High in, well let's just say umpteen years ago. Never really cared for it too much...way too much wind! It is a beautiful state, though!

Cheers!

Shadow01
Mon, Oct-06-03, 06:12
I'm still here :D!

DrmCorpMom
Mon, Oct-06-03, 06:54
Shadow, where are you from? I'm in Douglas.

Jaimie

Shadow01
Mon, Oct-06-03, 07:22
Jaime: I'm a transplant from PA, but have been in Cody for 13 years. I couldn't imagine ever going back :D!

WyoDiva
Tue, Jul-12-05, 13:34
[B]HEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Another Wyoming low-carber here...and I'm in Cody...are you still out there Shadow? anybody? I sure could use the support and ideas!

Actually, I was very amazed to see ANYBODY from Wyoming on here...you know how it is...Wyoming...10 years behind everyone else...heehee....

Shadow01
Tue, Jul-12-05, 13:53
Hi Susanne - but isn't the obscurity one of the best things about living here ;) ? Truthfully, this is the first I've been here in a long time - thankfully, the board still notifies me of posts. About once ever 6 months, to be exact :lol: !

WyoDiva
Wed, Jul-13-05, 08:05
Well, true...obscurity as in limited shopping, obscure technology, non-existent dating pool, etc etc...but I digress! Glad to see ya - I assume you are still LC'ing?

Shadow01
Wed, Jul-13-05, 08:47
Well, Susanne, despite the lack of "modern" conveniences, I wouldn't trade living here for the world ;). Been in bigger places with more options and more "advanced" living and would never want to go back to that :lol: .

Oh yes - I am LC for life :cool: .

WyoDiva
Thu, Aug-11-05, 15:58
shameless bump ;)

cre8tivgrl
Thu, Aug-11-05, 16:58
I am not in Wyoming now, but I grew up in Douglas. I also lived in Casper and Lusk for awhile. My mom is still in Glenrock.

We moved away 3 years ago and I love it here. But I still love to visit!

MtnRose
Mon, Aug-15-05, 08:35
Hello all! I am still here in Lusk and trying to get back on track. Great to see some Wyomingites (and past) here. Cre8tivgrl...what years did you live in Lusk? I might have known you or knew of your name!! :D

cre8tivgrl
Mon, Aug-15-05, 13:42
Hi MtnRose... I lived in Lusk from May-June 1992 and again August-October 1992. Not long. My ex-husband was a cop there for that time.

I didn't know very many people by name (just a few people). I worked at the truck stop when it was Cindy's. I don't know if it still is.

MtnRose
Wed, Aug-17-05, 09:22
Hi :wave: and great to hear back from you. Hope your week is going well! :thup: I was born and raised in Lusk but graduated High School in Torrington. I was a dispatcher from 88 - 91. So of course my curiosity is up... :D . The truck stop is still in operation only it is call the Outpost. Not much changes here, Sturgis is in the final winddown as far as traffic goes. Thank heavens. The noise level gets on your nerves sometimes. Anyway, if you ever need to chat just holler. I am at work now (Senior Center) so I can't be on here very long or I would write more. Take care!!!

Larree Ann... AKA MtnRose....

cre8tivgrl
Wed, Aug-17-05, 11:03
So you weren't a dispatcher anymore while we were there. The only dispatchers I remember were Bonnie (and her daughter Wendy?), Wendy and Twila. Dusty was the other cop. My ex is Brad, like I said, he wasn't there for long before he was fired.

I hear that Shawn is a cop now. I think that is pretty cool. And you probably know the Poages. They were a huge lifesaver for me while I was there.

Gosh, I think that's the extent of people I know there. :lol: Like I said, I wasn't there long.

WyoDiva
Wed, Mar-22-06, 22:47
Yet another shameless bump....come on, all you Wyoming low-carbers!!!!

DrmCorpMom
Thu, Mar-23-06, 13:55
Susanne,

I'm back on the board and LC'ing again as of yesterday.

I'm in Douglas.

Jaimie

MercyD
Sun, Apr-09-06, 15:47
I've been on the board since January and I'm in Laramie

little red
Sun, Jun-18-06, 01:53
I'm here. In Cheyenne. Glad there are others here beside me and my sister (WyoDiva), but I wish there were more of us so they stores would start carrying more LC foods again!

WyoDiva
Sun, Jun-18-06, 10:11
Glad you guys are here, Jaimie Mercy (;) )and Mel. I agree...wish there were more LC'ers in Wyoming. I enjoy cooking, but LC products are very convenient in limited quantities. Thank gawd for Netrition!!!!!!!!! :)

WyoDiva
Wed, Jul-12-06, 21:36
Shameless bump...any new Wyoming LC'ers out there? :)

doggz109
Sat, Aug-19-06, 20:47
But I grew up there and lived there for over 20 years....in Glenrock. :) Now live in San Francisco bay area.

Haven't been back to Wyoming since 1998. I do miss it a lot though. How's the wind? ;) I hear Casper Mountain is on fire too!! :tears:

WyoDiva
Wed, Sep-06-06, 21:38
Casper Mountain is out...but here in Cody, we are surrounded by the dang forest fires. Can't hardly see across the street for the smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The wind we will always have with us. If you grew up here, you KNOW that.:lol:

WyoDiva
Tue, Dec-05-06, 17:18
Absolutely shameless bump...any new Wyoming low-carbers out there? We want to see you!!!

WyoDiva
Tue, May-01-07, 14:57
Happy May Day!

Any new LC'ers in Wyoming out there??? ;)

WyoDiva
Fri, Sep-07-07, 15:17
This is harsh...no new LC people in Wyoming. :lol:

Gypsybyrd
Fri, Sep-07-07, 16:16
I wish I were out there ... but I'm in Florida - :( I love Wyo!

WyoDiva
Fri, Jan-11-08, 16:40
Shameless bump! ;)

WyoDiva
Fri, Mar-14-08, 16:56
Still kickin' it here in NW Wyoming. ;)

WyoDiva
Mon, Jun-02-08, 16:57
Time for the quarterly bump of the Wyoming LC'ers thread.

Anybody out there?

Echo! ;)

Gypsybyrd
Mon, Jun-02-08, 18:16
I wish I were out there! I miss being out that aways. Although I actually lived in Ft. Collins, I moved my address and such to Cheyenne & Pine Bluffs when I was driving a big rig. Now, I'm in Florida.

Did I mention - I miss Wyo?

WyoDiva
Mon, Jun-09-08, 14:59
Did I mention - I miss Wyo?You did! We'll give you the honorary Wyoming gold star on your forehead like we gave to Cre8tivgrl (living in SW Washington, but raised in Douglas!) a few years back. ;)

WyoDiva
Thu, May-28-09, 11:33
I guess I spaced out doing the quarterly bump of the Wyoming thread. Would you all settle for a yearly bump? :lol:

WyoDiva
Sun, Jul-26-09, 21:26
*bump* I'm stillllll heeeerrreeee. ;)

WyoDiva
Thu, Apr-01-10, 21:14
It's time for the semi-annual bump of the Wyoming thread. Any new LCers out there? ;)