PDA

View Full Version : Hello Protein Power People!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DebraAnn
Fri, Jul-05-02, 06:24
First of all, a big "thanks!" to the developer of the site. I have been logging in every day since I started the diet and found the site. I am getting alot of information and support from you all.

This is my first submission and I feel great on the diet. The best feeling in the world is to see those pounds dropping off. I don't want to be a fat person.... and now that I understand that carbs are the culprit I feel empowered to take charge of the problem and get rid of it. The really great thing for me is, if I had to cut two things out of my diet it would be bread and fruit! This diet fits me. In fact, nobody in my family does well with bread, none of us can eat bread and lose weight. So much is genetic, apparently 90 odd percent!!

TeriDoodle
Fri, Jul-05-02, 07:53
Hey Debra!! We're glad you found us (and de-lurked)!! This is a wonderful place, isn't it??

In case you're interested, there's a research article I found to be very informative called Adiposity 101 (here's the link (http://www.omen.com/adipos.html) ). For me it proved once and for all that low-carb is the way to go and helped me with my "patience issue"... LOL

Let us know how we can help!! :D

dizzyd
Fri, Jul-05-02, 12:37
I am really new to Protein Power, not so new to low carb. Just wanted to say "hey", and wish you all the luck and support that I can offer.

Good to see ya, and look forward to seeing you around the boards!

DebraAnn
Sat, Jul-06-02, 08:06
Thanks so much for the messages you two! This is going to be fun. It is like a Weight Watchers for low carb dieters. I did try Weight Watchers by the way, and did very poorly. I was always hungry and didn't lose a pound. It was discouraging, but that's the low fat approach for you! It just isn't the right thing for me.

I checked out the Adiposy site and it is amazing...and comprehensive. I have to admit that at this point I only just scanned it, but it sure confirms that low carb is the way to go. One chart comparing Ornish and Atkins was an eye opener. Atkins had all kinds of health benefits. What a huge resource to have that site link. Thanks again!

dizzyd
Sat, Jul-06-02, 10:00
I did that too. It actually worked really well for me, but that's because I developed an eating disorder on it, and was only having 4-5 points a day. Usually 3 of those were a chicken breast. It was gross. If I don't lose a pound on this WOE, I'll never go back to WW again. Way to dangerous for me. I'm in an agreement with another woman from the site, Gale, not to weigh until September. We both quit smoking, so there's not a lot of reason to step on a scale right now, know what I mean?

You will love this place! The people are the best, and it's way better than a Weight Watchers meeting, cuz you don't have to weigh every time you come here!

Have a great weekend!

:bhug:

DebraAnn
Mon, Jul-08-02, 09:34
Thanks Donna!
You know, I have heard the same comment from other people about Weight Watchers. They had to drastically reduce the number of points suggested daily in order to lose weight. Anyway, each to his own and we are lucky that we have found a plan that works for us.

Protein Power, in my opinion, is easier to follow, not so much counting and measuring, and you never have to get hungry on it.

My big problem is impatience, I just wish the weight would disappear. I think that you are wise not to add stress to your weight loss process by weighing yourself each day. They suggest using clothes as a gague in the book rather than the scale exclusively. I think that I will try that, and not be such a slave to the scale. No two scales ever seem to weigh the same anyway. I find there are up to ten pound difference from scale to scale. I'll follow your lead and only weigh myself once a week. Total avoidance is down the road a bit for me yet.

My other problem is weekend treats. How do you rectify a life long association of reward with fattening food and drinks? Even as I hear myself say this, I know how wrong that thinking is, but, unlearning is harder than new learning. :devil: :angel: Weight loss is a constant battle!!

Bye for Now
DebraAnn

GinaDee
Tue, Aug-13-02, 00:56
Deborah Ann, i saw your post about your shake recipe. I didnt know if you realized that it has 18-20 g of carbs in it.

That cup of skim milk is the killer for you in it. Protein power would not allow that many carbs at one time until you were ready for maintenance.

I ran the figures in www.fitday.com

Gina