PDA

View Full Version : Camping and LC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Vonnovich
Mon, Jul-01-02, 08:48
Hi Everyone

One of the things I love about LCing is being able to (over) eat and not get fat and bloated.

I am a bit of a weekend warrior...love to go hiking, bike-riding, camping etc. We usually do these activities with friends which involves lots of eating, cook outs BBQ etc. Pior to LCing, I would come home 5lbs heavier every weekend no matter how much hiking, biking, swimming etc. I would then spend the next 2 weeks of my life "being good". ie low calorie trying to shead the extra weight.

This weekend we went camping. Did a moderate 5 mile hike. Eat all LC, (but lots) had some wine, half a beer and 2 pieces of chocolate and came home the same weight I left. Now I can keep LCing without having to start over. Great.

I've been LCing for 5 months and it just suits me, and my way of life.

Vonnovich :wave:

cinnamon
Wed, Jul-17-02, 08:02
Hey Vannovich, I camp quite abit too. Its really fun. I eat alot of meat on the grill (if your hiking its kind of hard to carry the grill) but if your at a site its ok. meat and vegies on the grill. eggs & bacon for breakfast. (i miss homefries though) and steak, steak and more steak. Lots of water and of course, beer... Good going and good luck... :spin:

korry1977
Sat, Oct-04-03, 15:34
I usually camp in the hill country in Texas

korry1977
Tue, Oct-14-03, 19:16
Camping and LC...

WHAT ABOUT THE CHEST FULL O' BEER?