PDA

View Full Version : NEW need a buddy :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

10derHeart
Thu, Jun-27-02, 22:10
Hi everyone :)

Today was my frist day for BFL/Akins ... C1W1D1 would like to find someone to buddy with :wave:

Tammy
38/f/Chicago
SW-213
CW-171.5
GW-140

pixxchick
Thu, Apr-15-04, 13:55
Hey Tammy!

I'm in the Chicago area too! NW Suburbs. I'm here with ya! Lets buddy up and get it done!! I need to drop 75 pounds. I need someone to be accountable to. So far I have lost 15 lbs. in 5 1/2 weeks. Its getting harder as the days go on!

Anyone else out there need some help???

Pixx

pammmye
Sun, May-02-04, 14:42
Hi Tammy and Pixx,
I'm on day 6 and just got into ketosis. It is 1:30 pm and I have been sanding primer on my 69 ElCmino since about 8:30 am. It is a repeat of saturday. I have been trying to stay at 20 carbs because I want to get this 33 pounds off now. No that is 30 pounds off as 3 are already gone. I have been doing Atkins for many years. I think I wigged out a little the first time I reached goal. I couldn't believe I was a size small after so many years in xxx. I let the weight sneak back on by telling myself I could have anything with no sugar and low carb. That just is not so. Recently I have decided to try to be open eyed about everything. For example 1 cup of cabbage is 2.4 ounces in weight according to my nutritional Resource book. Romaine lettuce is 2 ounces per cup. there is little resemblence between the cup of lettuce I made before and the weighed one I have now. I have had to stop all dairy as I need more and more when I do have it. I also love diet soda and they really mount up in a day. What would you say are the high hurrdles you are facing in this weight loss challenge? Well good luck. I will check back soon.
Pam

Shoe Freak
Sun, May-23-04, 22:12
Hey...I just noticed your reply from the beginning of May. I've also noticed that we are the only two on here from 2004, so...wanna be MY buddy? I just started (day 1), so you are ahead of me (how's it going by the way?). My husband and I are trying to do this together...maybe I can stick with it longer this time!

lexy-lou
Thu, May-24-07, 07:53
Hi, everyone. Mind if I join you? I am looking for some buddies! I just started Atkins 1 1/2 weeks ago and have lost 4 pounds. I need to lose another 20! Goal weight: 150. My big challenges: (1) dinner parties where people force food and wine on me and (2) coffee -- I'm terribly addicted. I also have worries about doing this long-term: Will I be able to maintain a low carb diet over the long term?

I am a kind of true believer in terms of what Atkins says, though. I KNOW carbs are my problem.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/whGNuew/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whGNuew/)