PDA

View Full Version : Iowa here :)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MelindaE
Thu, Jun-27-02, 08:04
Hi to all of you. I'm lowcarbing in Iowa and would love to buddy up with someone who is also in Iowa, for the close support we all need and want.

I've been LC'ing for about a month and down almost 12 pounds now. I'm slowing down, but still goal oriented and still on the right path.

I'm glad to meet you~ :D

Iowagirl
Thu, Jul-25-02, 13:55
Holy cow - am I the first one to reply?!
As you can see, I'm from Iowa, too. Grew up in the Des Moines area, lived in Iowa City several years, now in Davenport (better stop heading east, I'm running out of state). I think this w/o/e is a good fit for the midwest as far as the protein part goes. Unfortunately I can't always find things like nut flours (other than soy) or other lc products unless I order them online.
I've been lc for a little over a year. How are you doing? :wave:

MelindaE
Fri, Jul-26-02, 10:12
Well Hi there right back to you!!!!!
I'm so glad you wrote, and way to GO on your weight loss.

I am in Davenport everyday!!!!! I work there and go to school there at night.

I'm going to go read your journal if you have one so I can get to know you.

I'm REALLY glad you wrote!!!

Iowagirl
Fri, Jul-26-02, 13:19
Nope, no journal. I can give you my email address if you'd like.
Where are you going to school? It just so happens I work at Scott Community College.

Just got back about half an hour ago from Niabi Zoo. Holy cow - HOT, HOT, HOT!! My best friend drove in from Iowa City and a mutual friend drove down from Clinton. Us 3 girls and 6 kids! Suprised I have the strength to type! :p

MelindaE
Mon, Jul-29-02, 10:47
WOW............I live in CL and work at a college and go to school at a college at night.

I would LOVE to email you more information. This is great. Please send an email addy.

MelindaE

Iowagirl
Mon, Jul-29-02, 11:14
cleveriniowa~yahoo.com
:D