PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Colorado?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MTWildcat
Tue, Jun-25-02, 17:07
I certainly can't be the only one in the Rocky Mountain State that's here, right? I'd love to hear from you! I need some encouragement, too! :-)

catinhat
Wed, Jun-26-02, 19:03
I'm here too! Actually, MTW, I'm getting ready to post a 'new' post in this forum - if you're in the same part of Colorado as me, you might be interested!!

-Catinhat :wave:

chelles
Fri, Aug-09-02, 16:16
Are we the only ones from Colorado?

I think we may be - Colorado is one of the thinnest states in the U.S.!

MTWildcat
Fri, Aug-09-02, 23:30
LOL! Could be! I think I heard somewhere that Colorado is the 4th thinnest state in the nation. I think Boulder throws off the numbers. ;)

chelles
Sat, Aug-10-02, 12:25
Funny story - I went back to Cleveland for a visit, where the majority of people seem to be very heavy.

Here in Colorado, I'm far out of the norm - a size 16/18, but in Cleveland, I felt skinny! I was strutting through the airport, thinking I was so hot.

I got back here, and instantly felt huge.

I lived in Hawaii for a year, supposedly the thinnest state. But every time I went to the beach, I'd look around and realize that I was the thinnest person there and probably the only one who cared about her weight. I think Coloradans are too obsessed with their looks. (Keep in mind that I lived in L.A. for five years and comparatively, I still think Coloradans are more materialistic and vain!)

Luxsit
Sat, Aug-17-02, 11:07
Hi, I am new and live North of Denver. And yes overweight is definately not politically correct in Boulder.

catinhat
Sat, Aug-17-02, 20:49
Well, it sounds like we should definitely have some sort of low-carb get-together right smack in the middle of Boulder! It would make it easy for us to find one another, if nothing else!!

I have to laugh about Boulder, because I have a somewhat skewed view of the city. I have been their twice, and both times I have had college-student aged people ask me for a 'donation' so they could buy heroin. Come on - I'm 36, overweight, and generally dressed in cotton-poly something, so it's not like I'm part of that 'culture' or something.

For me, Boulder definitely has a different vibe. . . .

-Catinhat

MinervaBlu
Tue, Aug-20-02, 00:51
Hi,

I am a fellow Coloradan beset by those pesky Boulderites. :D I live right outside of Boulder...slightly cheaper. Although heaven's knows slightly isn't much in CO! I am from NC and I never felt so surrounded by throngs of the thin there. Here everyone I know is always whining about being TOO thin. Sheesh, as if there could be such a thing ;) Anyway just wanted to let you know that there are some other LCers in this grand state.

Later,
Minerva

MTWildcat
Wed, Aug-21-02, 22:30
Well, out here close to the eastern plains in the fingerhills, there's plenty of "healthy" people...lots of ranchers and farmers still. But I know just what you mean! Going to the Castle Rock Outlet Mall looking for ONE piece of clothing is frustrating. They seem to think everyone is a size 2!!! Shoot, my skinny kids aren't even THAT skinny! LOL!

It's good to know we're not the only LCers in Colorado. You know the saying...you can never be too rich or too thin. I like the rich part. :daze:

Luxsit
Thu, Aug-22-02, 09:34
I went to a Great Clips in Boulder a couple weeks ago. I highly recommend Richard, he's a great hair stylist. Anyway I was waiting in line to put in my name, and a young boy about 9, walk in front of me staring at me and my belly the whole time. I resisted the urge to say something like "take a picture, it will last longer". I never seen so many rude children in Colorado. It's amazing how even at a young age they learn to discriminate against overweight people. :(

pjl44
Mon, Dec-30-02, 08:55
You're not the only one from Colorado!!! I notice your post was back in August, so I hope you're still hangin' around!! We live in Falcon, just east of Colorado Springs.

My husband and I will be starting Atkins on the 6th of January, 2003. I'm trying to collect all the recipes I can, although I realize one can't branch out until after induction! I'd like to get my boys eating healthier as well.

I would love to support you in any way I can, and once we start, I'm sure we'll need your support as well! :)

Glad to see someone from Colorado! Hope to be chatting soon!

Pam

Chelly
Sat, Jan-11-03, 16:54
Low Carber here in Aurora that would love to find other voluptuous ;) people to talk to! Yes Boulder is skinny however if you want a true shocker go to Newport Beach CA...I was afraid to be harpooned!!! Colorado is very beautiful..as well as the people so yes I definately would love and all low carbers for support and well as giving and recieving! There is strength in numbers..that I am sure of!!! :wave:

catinhat
Sat, Jan-11-03, 20:18
Dear Pam (PJ44)

I live in Falcon too! Hope lowcarbing is going well for you. I am off the program right now, but who knows, I may start again soon.

We're a little south of Falcon Elementary, and we've lived here almost 8 years. We really love it here!

Best of luck to you,

-Catinhat

Chelly
Sat, Jan-11-03, 22:53
Cat I used to live in Palmer Lake Colorado so I am familiar with Falcoln.....svelte people there too I bet...tee hee hee :D
And Boulder..hmmmmmm now thats another story all together...are there any fat people there ;)

pjl44
Sat, Jan-11-03, 23:05
Catinhat,

What a coincidence!! My son used to attend Falcon Elementary, so I'm familiar with the area south of there. In fact, we drove around that area several times checking out property and such!!

Anyway, glad to see someone closeby!! Good luck to you, too, if you decide to start LCing again!!

Pam

rdiane1
Sat, Jan-18-03, 21:55
Am I the only one on the Western Slope?

I moved here from back east about 11 years ago. While I've really put on the pounds (about 50) since moving here, I much prefer slower pace of Colorado over the stress-filled, yet slimmer, life in Maryland. :roll:

paty
Mon, Jan-20-03, 22:48
I live in Boulder!

Pikes Peak
Fri, Feb-07-03, 23:10
Hello,

I'm a low-carber from way back, but fell off the wagon and gained the weight back!

I'd like to see a Colorado group that can get together monthly/quarterly for a potluck. It was the best motivation the last time! Let me know what you think!

Pam in Colorado Springs

MTWildcat
Fri, Feb-21-03, 00:15
Yes, I'd like to do something here, too. I'm about 30-40 miles north of the Springs. I've kind of fallen off the wagon, myself. Haven't GAINED anything but haven't been good, either. LOL!

BTW, sorry it took so long to reply. :-)

Jemady
Mon, Feb-24-03, 21:50
I'm in SE Denver and would love to get together either one on one or in a group for support!

irisda
Tue, Mar-25-03, 11:06
moved from memphis to just outside of boulder almost two months ago. i started LCing around that time as well. its amazing how thin people are here. i feel really conscious about my weight. everyone here seems to be so sporty. im a black woman who has moved from memphis to colorado. its so odd to see no one who looks like me. im really looking forward to meeting some new folks!