PDA

View Full Version : Water? and Pudding

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lee B
Tue, Jun-25-02, 15:48
Hello there, I have recently discovered Perfectly Clear flavoured waters. Can you drink it as part of your water intake?
Hope this is not too stupid a question.

Also my favorite pudding at the moment is
A tub of cream cheese beaten until soft
A jelly made up with 3/4 pint of water
Mix them together and let them set. It makes a lovely mouse.
Yum Yum. I recommend everyone tries it. Take care Leigh

fiona
Wed, Jun-26-02, 00:43
{Perfectly Clear flavoured waters. Can you drink it as part of your water intake?}

I don't see why not.

I must admit I am a little sceptical about manufacturers since I discovered hidden carbs - can't quite convince myself that there isn't something in it.

Also I object to paying the higher price. Why not buy plain still-water and add my own teaspoonful of flavouring (pure apple juice, few drops of lemon etc) to it.

Mouse/Pudding looks good. :thup: I'd add a few sunflower seeds (crunch factor!)

Take care.

LittleAnne
Wed, Jun-26-02, 01:40
Leigh

I also have cream cheese and jelly mouse most days. Don't forget to use sugar free jelly. For me, one pack of jelly - I make it up to a pint - and 200g of cream cheese, do me for 4 puddings. It is a great way to get the fat content up with just 2 carbs per portion.

I make up the jelly, let it cool for an hour or two and then put it in the blender and add the cream cheese a bit at a time. It is good to let it cool as much as possible to avoid it seperating out at the bottom as it sets. I have also made it with double the quantity of cream cheese, but this now has too many calories for me.

lee B
Wed, Jun-26-02, 12:40
Thankyou for your replies. I am embarrased to say that I did not think of flavoring water myself. But I shall now. I like the idea of sunflower seeds.
I was wondering if the pudding would work with a pint of jelly, but it obviuosly does if you have tried it.
I was getting a bit bored with the diet but after trying a few new recipes it is going well.. I went and got some size 16 jeans the other day I had to lie on the dressing room floor to do them up. :daze: I bought them and now they are starting to fit better. I love this diet. Hope you are doing ok too Leigh :D