PDA

View Full Version : [CKD] LeptiGen...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Zeus
Fri, Jun-21-02, 20:37
There's a new product out by Avant Labs called "LeptiGen" (which involves the manipulation of leptin levels; for those of you who are familiar with this novel approach to dieting). It seems to be a product worth trying ... any thoughts?

Here's some information on "LeptiGen"-

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/divtop.html?sideF=blank.html&mainF=http://www.avantlabs.com/avant_labs/leptigen_info.htm

Chantel
Sun, Jun-23-02, 19:23
I am such a baby when it comes to trying most supplements but if I were you, I would still research it a bit to ensure no bad side effects. I would find out each and every ingredient to ensure your health is not at risk.

A few testamonials wouldn't be enough for me.

Did anything come up on google?

Keep us posted if you try it.

:wave:

Zeus
Sun, Jun-23-02, 20:53
Alright, I'll let you know how it works out if I decide to give it a try (it's quite 'pricey').

Trainerdan
Mon, Jun-24-02, 04:25
The big drug companies were big on Leptin last year, but abandoned research when tests came back with poor results.

The key, apparantly, is to somehow increase leptin sensitivity. This is important to those who are very overweight, since research has shown that these individuls are leptin insensitive.

Not sure if Leptigen is supposed to increase sensitivity or not ... Just giving you a heads up before you plunk down the big cash for a supplement.

Since we're on the subject, there are a few new products/supplements that the drug companies are tying up and trying to make drugs out of them.

One such compund is Hoodia cactus extract. It's a botanical drug from Pfizer that suppresses appetite without causing behavioral side effects. The cactus comes from South African tribal lands. Kung tribesman have accused Pfizer of plundering their ancient medical knowledge. This dispute has hampered the drug’s development.

Zeus
Mon, Jun-24-02, 08:35
The big drug companies were big on Leptin last year, but abandoned research when tests came back with poor results.

The key, apparantly, is to somehow increase leptin sensitivity. This is important to those who are very overweight, since research has shown that these individuls are leptin insensitive.

Not sure if Leptigen is supposed to increase sensitivity or not ... Just giving you a heads up before you plunk down the big cash for a supplement.

-Thanks for the information. I think I'm going to pass this supplement up (I'll buy a 'Myostatin-blocker' instead...hahahaha...j/k). There is only one product I know of that would actually manipulate leptin levels- wherein your brain does not get the "Oh my...I'm starving" signal when one diets. That drug is 'Bromocriptine' (Lyle McDonald has an e-book on it, good read). However, that is a 'gray' market drug. So, I guess that’s out of the question.

Since we're on the subject, there are a few new products/supplements that the drug companies are tying up and trying to make drugs out of them.

One such compund is Hoodia cactus extract. It's a botanical drug from Pfizer that suppresses appetite without causing behavioral side effects. The cactus comes from South African tribal lands. Kung tribesman have accused Pfizer of plundering their ancient medical knowledge. This dispute has hampered the drug’s development.

- Very interesting.