PDA

View Full Version : Can I have a milkshake.........PLEASE?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GatorGal93
Wed, Jun-19-02, 13:11
I have a stomach ache. This probably was caused by the fiber-psyll I had this morning. I barely touched my lunch because of the stomach pain.

On top of this, it is pms time.

With this in mind, I REALLY want a milkshake! I want one so bad that I went online and checked the carb and calorie count of my three favorite options: Dairy Queen Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard (590 cals, 81 carb, 14 protein), Wendy's Frosty (340, 57, 9) and McDonald's strawberry shake (360, 60, 11). Of course, I REALLY want the Dairy Queen one, but I know I probably won't. :yum: :yum: :yum:

Due to the pms, I am not in my right mind. I am sure you lovely, supportive people would like me not to conquer the milkshake, but I doubt that will happen.

Julie
P.S. JUST the milkshake. No supersize fries with it, I promise.

Karen
Wed, Jun-19-02, 13:18
Of course you can! Do you have a blender?

Blend crushed ice, whipping cream, sweetener and flavouring together and drink with a big fat straw.

Karen

GatorGal93
Wed, Jun-19-02, 13:24
Being single (very little cooking), I have few kitchen appliances (but the toaster oven does get used more than the stove). You made me smile at what a great idea you had, but I am blenderless.

:daze:

Julie

:lol:

P.S. Isn't it sad the excuses we make when we want to have something not on this WOE? Why don't I borrow a blender or buy one?

Tanyaskees
Wed, Jun-19-02, 13:39
Julie, buy one, it will be worth it. 2 scoops of Atkins or Keto shake mix, little bit of heavy cream, little water and bunch of crushed ice. Mix it until very thick and is icecream/shake consistency. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM......GOOD. I have one every night for dinner. You get a lot of protien and only a few carbs that way and it is very filling. Oh, and did I say MMMMMMMMM.....GOOD. :yum: :yum: :yum: I can't wait to get home and make one.

P.S. and did I mention that it is MMMMMMMMM...GOOD :)

Crazy_lady
Wed, Jun-19-02, 14:06
GatorGal
I understand you desire for this rich, thick, yummy treat. I am new to this site and am not real familiar with alot of you, but have you tried an alternate diet like CAD? It is my belief that you can have one meal a day with carbs in it. I was thinking of maybe changing over after my induction if I just can't do the whole Atkins diet. I feel that it would be better to stick to one of them, one way or another. I am still in my induction on the Atkins plan and don't believe I can have even the atkins version of this yummy treat.

However, I do have a blender and would like to ask you Karen, how many carbs do the shakes have? Do you have more treats to share or are they already at this site somewhere. pss--do you know if I can have this during induction.

Whatever you decide to do GatorGal--Good Luck!!!! :thup:
We will still be here when you get back from Dairy Queen if thats what you decide to do. :heart: :yay:

GatorGal93
Wed, Jun-19-02, 14:14
I feel so rotten (stomach ache and headache), I've decided to skip the shake since that would require an additional stop besides the grocery store on my way home. Reading your posts helped very much, also.

I went to Netrition.com and ordered the Keto Banana shake for the next pms. I will be prepared.

But, with no blender, and the cravings still there, I think I will weeken to a fudgesicle instead. No, I will not polish off the box. The craving will be gone soon and I have company arriving that can eat the remaining sickles. Fifteen carbs sounds a lot better than fifty! Maybe they have sugar free. I don't know. It's been YEARS since I've been in the dessert section. :yay:

Julie

P.S. Wow, Crazy Lady! That is the most supportive post I have ever received here. Thanks. You will fit in just great. Keep in touch. I'd like to see your progress since we are near the same weight. I also like your suggestion about CAD since I know nothing about it.

GatorGal93
Wed, Jun-26-02, 12:37
I just made my first Keto banana shake. I can hardly tear myself away from it to type this!

I will never crave a 'real' milkshake again! (I never had one, by the way. I had a no sugar added fudgsickle.)

Thank you SO much Tanya, for the idea!

Julie

:yum: :yum: :yum:

Tanyaskees
Wed, Jun-26-02, 13:01
You are welcome. I am addicted to the shakes, my favorite is Atkins cappuccino, and I started putting about a third of the de-lite dark chcolate in there, so good. That's my dinner almost every night.

good egg
Mon, Jul-01-02, 14:59
You know what... I just had my period and the biggest thing that I craved was a chocolate malt. Maybe it is a pms thing too! I am going to try those shakes, they sound like a great substitute! Thank you for the information! I am still in induction, so I am trying to hold off until the two weeks are gone!

Tanyaskees
Mon, Jul-01-02, 16:58
I am having one right now :yum: :yum: :yum:. How much longer on induction good egg? Hang in there :thup:

good egg
Tue, Jul-02-02, 10:21
I would say maybe one, possibly two more weeks of induction... it isn't that bad so I may continue. But these shakes seem like a good idea. I will use it as a reward for after induction.

Isabel
Wed, Aug-14-02, 16:28
On pp 232 - 235 in Dr. A's New Diet Revolution, he presents a sample one week menu plan for induction. On day seven, p. 235, he suggests a low carb shake. YOU CAN DO SHAKE ON INDUCTGION.

cream is allowed on induction, so is sweetenter. go fo it. A shake might help you stick to your goals.

Isabel
Thu, Aug-15-02, 15:57
After thinking about shakes yesterday, I got an idea. I am freezing small cubes of cream to add to my next low carb shake. I already add an ice cube or two to give it more froth. I hope it makes it yummier.

Lebette
Sun, Oct-13-02, 16:58
I dont have a blender either, so when I want a shake type ice creamy treat, I usually make an italian soda. Just syrup (I love the raspberry) drizzled over ice, add cream (extra creamy for craving days), then add club soda. Stir well and Ahhh! Very nice cold and filling.

nedsed
Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:55
I'm a big fan of the shakes, too. I used to love milkshakes, but I gave them up for Atkins and because I'm very lactose intolerant. So, I make the shakes with 1 tablespoon of heavy cream and 3 ice cubes. At first I used too many cubes, and it was like sludge -- way too thick to actually eat, and without taste because there wasn't enough powder to flavor it all!

I also do shake variations, using chilled teas. I brew 4-6 oz. of peppermint tea (by Celestial Seasonings), and then stick it in the freezer for ten minutes. I take it out, and mix it with 1 tbs. of heavy cream, 3 ice cubes, and chocolate powder -- and I have a "Mint Chocolate Chip Milkshake."

I do the same thing with a decaf Chai Tea (made by C.S. or Tazo), brew, chill, and mix with the vanilla shake, ice cubes, and heavy cream. Just like the frozen chai drink you can get in Starbucks -- but perfectly legal for this WOE. :yum:

-- Nancy

Link_nz
Tue, Oct-22-02, 19:28
Living in New Zealand SUX! We have no Atkins products for sale :(

/me wishes for LC milkshake

-jake

pdevil
Wed, Oct-30-02, 09:20
I was just reading about the shakes and you guys are making me crave one! If I use ice, whipping cream what kind of flavoring do I use? And where do I get the Keto shake mix, is it made by Atkins. Thanx guys! Looking forward to a shake tonight!!!

Monika :)