PDA

View Full Version : only atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

izzy
Tue, Jun-18-02, 11:55
well folks
following the recent stall ive been having im pleased to say the weight is finally rolling off again,
This i attribute to me following the 14 day intro plan Dr Atkins prescribes to all who start the diet.
I was begining to get rather annoyed with myself and nearly had a change of heart, by that i mean go back to my nasty eating habits i had before LC.
No one is more glad that i didnt.

:D
All i did was cut out the coffee and stop eating the Allbran in the morning, because the rest of my plan was ok.
Just goes to show that just a little ajustment can make a world of differance.

cheers

Boogie65
Tue, Jun-18-02, 12:50
Well done Izzy!

I found I was getting complacent for a while, so I re-read the book and this really made me look hard at what I was eating, and set me back on course.

All the best

Chrissy
www.sugarlite.co.uk

fiona
Tue, Jun-18-02, 14:03
Glad to hear it Izzy.

Wouldn't it be good to put all this in a journal of your own? That way you will have a complete record and next time you stall you just scroll up to see where you need to tweak your eating.

Take care

LittleAnne
Tue, Jun-18-02, 15:14
Hi Izzy - glad you've found the answer to your stall. That All Bran may be high in fibre, but its pure carbs. Have a look at the packet.

I at last lost a pound this week after yo-yoing the same 2 pounds for a couple of months so I can imagine your relief and moving onwards and downwards.

I agree with Fiona, why not start a journal. Not only is it great to have a record of your progress, but it is a great place to meet others and really set up cyper friendships. To start go to the Journals bit and the H-J section and read the sticky at the top of the page first.

Every success for the future.

Cinderella
Wed, Jun-19-02, 09:02
Good for you!! :roll:
I agree...you should start a journal. Many people can learn how it may be the tiniest things that set us back.

Great going! :D

cin

izzy
Wed, Jun-19-02, 11:41
aw thanks guys
for all the support ive received from u all, and one day i will get round to keeping a journal but ive never been one for keeping a diary about anything so i find it a little daunting.
I do read the success stories though and i find them very inspiring so mabee i will sit down one night and do it.
Thing is my hubby is always on the pc and i dont get much time to do what i'd like on here,
:mad:
He's so annoying sometimes :rolleyes:

Anyway thats me had my say so thanks again everyone

cheers

CHRIS BRAY
Tue, Jun-25-02, 09:52
I too have had a major stall for the last three months....

I re-read Atkins and purchased Dr Clarke High Protein Diet £7.99 from WH Smith. This is a lot easier to read very inspirational and plenty of good basic menus and exercises at the back. Well worth it for the inspiration and menus alone. Same diet as Atkins but simplified.

This week-end I did protein only and Monday morning I had a 4lb weight loss Yippee!!!! :D

I have two weeks to my annual vacation then it Dr Clark for me....
"Watch this space"

I would not change this way of life (L/C) it makes me such a happy wife..................... :wave: