PDA

View Full Version : Hey does anyone want to buddie up?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nicolejoy
Tue, Jun-18-02, 05:28
I found out the other day i am not pregnant, so i am going on the atkins hard core now.
I would love to have someone go the distance with me.

My first goal is to shed 30 pounds quickly. :)

Email me,

Nicole

agonycat
Tue, Jun-18-02, 05:35
Nicole I moved your thread to the buddy-up section so people looking for a buddy would find it easier :)

summer10
Fri, Jun-21-02, 18:35
Hi Nicole,

I've been LCing since April - only lost 16 pounds so far. I was hoping by now it would be MUCH more, but at least I'm heading in the right direction.

I'd be happy to be your buddy! How long have you been LCing? You're profile says tomorrow??? What date? How is it going so far?

Summer

Candiflip
Mon, Jun-24-02, 12:06
Hi Nicole & Summer,

I'm not in NY but I would really like to find someone to talk to on the board. I started LCing on May 27th, not to sure on how much weight I have lost, I know though that I lost for sure 14 pounds. I found out just last week that the scale I was using was off. :rolleyes:
Anyhow, hope to talk to you two later

Candice

summer10
Mon, Jun-24-02, 12:49
Hi Candice,

I am in Boston. I will chat with you. You are doing really well for such a short time.

I've been LCing since April and have lost 16 lbs.

Summer

Candiflip
Mon, Jun-24-02, 13:03
Summer,

16 Pounds isn't bad. Do you work out alot? I want to start going to the gym. Right now I am only taking 35-45 min. walks 3 times a week. I'm kind of dreading my walk today..it is so muggy out! YUCK!!! :rolleyes:

Candice

summer10
Mon, Jun-24-02, 17:53
Candice,

I try to walk for 30 minutes every day. I usually get in 5X a week. I have been really trying to stick with it because I know it will help the weight come off faster. But I've only been doing this much for the past few weeks. Prior to that I was doing 3 or 4 times a week.

Are you still doing induction? I am. Although I had 3 strawberries last night. I know you can have berries on OWL but I am trying to stick with induction until I either lose considerably more or I need more variety, whichever comes first.

Summer

Candiflip
Mon, Jun-24-02, 18:13
Yes I try to stick to under 20 carbs a day. Except for when I eat an atkins barhttp://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin/evilgrin07.gif I only count them as the 3 carbs but I know they are more so I always feel guilty.
My husband & I are going to go to the Gym on Wednesday. See how that works out. *laughing* We signed up for 1 week free at Fitness World. We want to sign up anyways but just want to check it out first ya know. I always feel so insecure at those places..but I guess I will have to live with it.http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/indifferent/indifferent04.gif

Candice

summer10
Mon, Jun-24-02, 18:28
Candice,

That's great that you are going to gym with your husband. It's good to have support. Is he LCing too?

My boyfriend is very supportive. He eats all of the same foods as I do, so I don't have to make other meals for him. He has lost some weight too although he doesn't really need to lose weight. But he is trying to make this easier for me.

Have a good night.

Summer

Candiflip
Mon, Jun-24-02, 18:35
*laughing*......No my husband is not LCing..he wouldn't give up sugar if his life depended on it! He lives off of Soda & sweets. *laughing* He is not over weight , weights 173 & is the same height as me. Not as much fat as me though.
Most of the time we eat the same things for dinner but I have made alterations for him. Such as breading on his chicken. We always eat different a breakfast & Lunches.
As for supportive, he is when he is not offering me icecream & cookies *laughing*

Candice

summer10
Tue, Jun-25-02, 17:50
Candice,

Good luck at the gym tomorrow, don't overdo it on your first visit. I'm still walking every night after work and the scale is still not moving. I've got to stop getting on the scale, I'm driving myself crazy.

Summer

Candiflip
Wed, Jun-26-02, 23:29
The Gym went well. We ended up joining tonight.

That is good you walk every day after work. If I did that I may not of had to join a gym :p

Is your clothing fitting any better? Or about the same? You said that the scale isn't going down. I got weiged at the gym today & I was at 174.. Didn't bother me thought because I went to the gym at 6pm & have been drinking so much water by then, the heat is making me retain more water then usual & it's that time of the month *laughing*

Candice

summer10
Thu, Jun-27-02, 17:22
Candice,

That's good that the gym went well, are you using weights or doing aerobic?

I never weigh any time but in the morning. If I've put one thing in my mouth I won't get on the scale.

I have lost 3 1/2 inches around my waist, which seems like alot since I've only lost 16 pounds. But my clothes are really loose and I can fit into some clothes that didn't fit before.

I know EVENTUALLY I'll see a loss, I just wish it could happen faster.

When I got home from work tonight it was 90 out. All I wanted to do was get in the shower, but I got on the treadmill and once I was there it wasn't that bad. But I need to see some results!

Summer

Candiflip
Thu, Jun-27-02, 18:57
Summer,

I was started on a routine. Started on a bike than on a bunch of machines than finish off with the bike. Not too bad, she said stick to it for 3-4 weeks.

Do you like walking on the treadmill? When I used to walk on one a few year back they used to hurt my feet. Maybe it was just me.

Candice

summer10
Fri, Jun-28-02, 18:28
Hi Candice,

That sounds good, did you work with a personal trainer? I'd like to try going back to the gym when I get smaller.

I don't mind the treadmill. Having it at home makes it alot easier.

My boyfriend works out alot and has alot of equipment. He's always giving me tips, (sometimes that's not a good thing!) but he is trying to help. He's suggested I start working out with small weights to build up some muscle. I need to get motivated to do that.

Have a good weekend.

I am usually on line alot more on the weekend.

Summer

Candiflip
Fri, Jun-28-02, 23:54
No I didn't work out with a personal trainer, That is extra $ . Already paid too much! *laughing* She was just the person that we signed up with. But she will track our progress & if we get bored with a program help us pick a new one.

Hope you have a good weekend too....We will have rain rain & more rain :)

Goodnight

Candice

summer10
Sat, Jun-29-02, 16:22
Candice,

Sorry you're having rain this weekend. We are finally having good weekend weather - it's about 80 and no humidity, supposed to be like that tomorrow too, but Monday and Tuesday the humidity (which I HATE - no one actually likes humidity, right?) is coming back.

So, how often are you going to the gym? I didn't exercise today. It's that TOM and I don't feel great. I know exercise is supposed to make you feel better, but I did some housework and THAT didn't help, LOL.

Summer

Candiflip
Sat, Jun-29-02, 16:51
I don't know how often I am going to go to the gym.. I want to go more than my husband can go with me. I still do not get out by myself here in Vancouver. I don't like to. I wanted to go yesterday but we had shopping. Then would like to go any of these days, weekend but he works. Oh well We will see.

Candice

summer10
Tue, Jul-02-02, 06:14
Hi Candice,

How are you doing? I'm OK, didn't exercise yesterday, too hot, but hoping I will today, even though it is hotter today. How's the gym going, have you been again?

One good thing about this weather is that it is so hot I don't even feel like eating. I brought an Atkins shake to work with me today so that I won't have to leave the building for lunch.

Summer

Candiflip
Thu, Jul-04-02, 15:05
Everything is going okay.
I went to the gym this morning. I always feel so good after I go to the gym. I just wish I went more. Hopefully I will be going more when my husband has more time. Or we can go to the 24hour gym.

The weather has been off & on here lately. It has been cloudy all morning & now it is raining.http://www.smilies.nl/groot/raincloud.gif But that's okay, it's nice to come out of the gym to cooler weather.

I haven't been losing weight lately. I think it is that thing where your body is getting used to things. You know you lose all that water weight in the begining & then your body has to adjust to your new way of eating, right? The scale is still saying 172. It isn't bugging me because I have been feeling great. I do want to lose weight But I know this is going to take time.

How are you doing? You still walking everyday after work?
How was your 4th of July? Any temptations? Have a good day! http://www.smilies.nl/natur/petals.gif

Candice

summer10
Fri, Jul-05-02, 17:20
Hi Candice,
I didn't walk every day last week because it was so hot and humid. Although I have a/c, by the time I got home from work I just wanted to get in the shower and relax. Now that the weekend is here I am doing better.

My 4th was good. I don't feel like cheating because I feel so much better with this WOE.

I am going away on Sunday, I will probably have some extra carbs. I've been doing this for 3 months, so I figured a little change on vacation won't be a problem.

Summer

Candiflip
Sun, Jul-07-02, 00:52
I'm sorry it is hot & humid there. I just hate humid weather! I miss the California dry heat.

I know what you mean about the don't even feel tempted to cheat thing. I go to the grocery store & buy potato chip, ice cream, anything from the bakery w/ apples *laughing*, bread, potatoes, rice, & soda for my husband. Not even tempted to eat them when I am cooking them or when he is waving something in my face :rolleyes:

Well I hope you had a good Vacation, was it just the one day? What did you eat?????? *luaghing* Tell Tell... :p

Candice

summer10
Fri, Jul-12-02, 11:57
Hi Candice,

I got home today. I had a great vacation but I also had several cheats. But I am back on track today.

I was just reading my last post - before I went away where I said I didn't feel like cheating... I guess being away made me want to cheat - since I did, LOL.

I won't be laughing if I get on the scale - which I probably won't do for at least a week.

How are you doing?

Summer